HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back

There's now a petition on Change.org imploring Arrowhead Games to reinstate Spitz as one of the community managers for HELLDIVERS 2 (thanks Rock Paper Shotgun). As mentioned during the height of the recent controversy over PSN account linking for the third-person shooter on Steam, it appears that he lost his job along the way. Somewhat ironically, Spitz drew fire early on during the firestorm for what were deemed tone-deaf responses. But in the end he's viewed as a hero for standing up to corporate interests and encouraging the review-bombing that many feel turned the tide in Sony's eventual decision to drop the account linking requirement. Here's a bit from the petition:
SPITZ, the outstanding community manager whose suggestion to continue the review-bombing in order to provide additional leverage with Sony, was the reason many Helldivers felt optimistic about returning to the game -- and is most likely the reason many of us didn't attempt a refund. On 05/07/2024, at or about 11:45 PST, the Helldivers discord discovered that Community Manager Spitz had been relieved of his position, and all traces of his previously held post deleted or otherwise removed from the discord.

ARROWHEAD: We implore you to return this icon to their previously held position in recognition of his bold Community Management strategy -- which not only worked, but restored the faith of much of your community.

We additionally request the official canonization of GENERAL Spitz in Helldivers lore. FOR FREEDOM. FOR DEMOCRACY. FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME AND ITS DEDICATED COMMUNITY ALIKE.
View : : :
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back
May 9, 2024, 21:46
Osc8r

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 9, 2024, 21:46
May 9, 2024, 21:46
 Osc8r

Xeth Nyrrow wrote on May 9, 2024, 10:58:
Osc8r wrote on May 8, 2024, 21:05:
Xeth Nyrrow wrote on May 8, 2024, 14:41:
Xero wrote on May 8, 2024, 12:59:
lol same. I picked up the original for probably more than I should have back when it was out. I had high hopes with it due to my love for their take on "Gauntlet". I had more fun than I should have for a game like that. I think I dumped over 50 hours into it (including my online time with it). Their next big thing was Helldivers, but it was different for sure which made me hesitant to purchase immediately. I'm glad it didn't get me hooked the same way Gauntlet did because it gave me zero hype or care for a Helldivers 2.
I had nearly 700 hours in to their Gauntlet which was a lot of fun but it didn't sell well enough to add the content it really needed. Shame because I doubt the IP will be used for anything else in the near future.

700 hours?! Damn! Different strokes and all that lol. I played it and finished it like 5 hours, and that was it... done, and even that was a big of a struggle. Whereas the original i played endlessly as a kid...as there was no ending! Eventually the game would just bug out (characters stuck in wall, no exit spawns) or crash.

Still waiting on a discount for HD2. Looks like i played HD1 for about 25 hours, and HD2 looks like a big improvement so fingers crossed!
Yeah I was a bit fag of the arcade originals too. The remake added a procedurally generated endless mode that gradually increased in difficulty. I found a group of people to play with and that's the real reason I played so much.

Oh thanks, that's good to know! I may need to check back in on it in that case

Yeah, i played the original gauntlets in local co-op with my brother, and it didn't take much convincing to get him to play the remakes in online co-op as well.

May 9, 2024, 10:58
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 9, 2024, 10:58
May 9, 2024, 10:58

Osc8r wrote on May 8, 2024, 21:05:
lol same. I picked up the original for probably more than I should have back when it was out. I had high hopes with it due to my love for their take on "Gauntlet". I had more fun than I should have for a game like that. I think I dumped over 50 hours into it (including my online time with it). Their next big thing was Helldivers, but it was different for sure which made me hesitant to purchase immediately. I'm glad it didn't get me hooked the same way Gauntlet did because it gave me zero hype or care for a Helldivers 2.
I had nearly 700 hours in to their Gauntlet which was a lot of fun but it didn't sell well enough to add the content it really needed. Shame because I doubt the IP will be used for anything else in the near future.

700 hours?! Damn! Different strokes and all that lol. I played it and finished it like 5 hours, and that was it... done, and even that was a big of a struggle. Whereas the original i played endlessly as a kid...as there was no ending! Eventually the game would just bug out (characters stuck in wall, no exit spawns) or crash.

Still waiting on a discount for HD2. Looks like i played HD1 for about 25 hours, and HD2 looks like a big improvement so fingers crossed!
Yeah I was a bit fag of the arcade originals too. The remake added a procedurally generated endless mode that gradually increased in difficulty. I found a group of people to play with and that's the real reason I played so much.

May 9, 2024, 03:05
Kxmode

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 9, 2024, 03:05
May 9, 2024, 03:05
 Kxmode

Teddy wrote on May 8, 2024, 21:13:
Kxmode wrote on May 8, 2024, 14:33:
This Spitz person literally saved Sony and Arrowhead a bunch of money by keeping people from trying to refund; yes, negative reviews. But no refunds. Seems like he actually did something incredibly smart for both companies. That's not a person they want to lose.

What? What crack are you smoking? Spitz flat out TOLD people that negative reviews and refund requests were helping. Right Here. Where are you getting this BS that he told people NOT to refund?

Edit: And really, this whole thing is laughable. People HATED Spitz. They've been calling for his firing for months, but now he's some kind of big hero that needs saving? I don't really care one way or the other, but the whole thing is just beyond absurd.
I'm not smoking anything. I based my comment on what Blue posted here, not the entirety of the X universe for one thing someone posted. Besides the petition was written by those who read his Xeets including the one where he said "refund" (as you pointed out), but apparently they took it as "most likely the reason many of us didn't attempt a refund." That still means he saved Sony and Arrowhead money by those fans not refunding.
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

May 8, 2024, 22:07
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 22:07
May 8, 2024, 22:07

Teddy wrote on May 8, 2024, 21:13:
This Spitz person literally saved Sony and Arrowhead a bunch of money by keeping people from trying to refund; yes, negative reviews. But no refunds. Seems like he actually did something incredibly smart for both companies. That's not a person they want to lose.

What? What crack are you smoking? Spitz flat out TOLD people that negative reviews and refund requests were helping. Right Here. Where are you getting this BS that he told people NOT to refund?

Edit: And really, this whole thing is laughable. People HATED Spitz. They've been calling for his firing for months, but now he's some kind of big hero that needs saving? I don't really care one way or the other, but the whole thing is just beyond absurd.
Yeah, I don't have much experience with him. Telling players to review and refund if they're unsatisfied gives him points in my book, but apparently he wasn't that much better before. It sucks that he got fired probably as a result of that, but it really reminds me of the phrase: "No good dead goes unpunished."

May 8, 2024, 21:13
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 21:13
May 8, 2024, 21:13

May 8, 2024, 21:05
Osc8r

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 21:05
May 8, 2024, 21:05
 Osc8r

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 CM Petition
May 8, 2024, 18:29
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 CM Petition May 8, 2024, 18:29
May 8, 2024, 18:29

Never gonna' happen, baby. At best they'll hire him back to shut the mob up, then quietly find a reason to terminate his employment 6 months from now.
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

May 8, 2024, 17:52
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 17:52
May 8, 2024, 17:52

Haha, glad I'm not the only one that found the addictive gameplay it had once you got into it. There was actually a skill level required from each class and playing online was neat because you knew if someone was skilled enough to handle the character to their fullest or not. It was simple at it's core, but complex at the highest level. I had a blast with it (it also helped me get through recovering from pneumonia at that time, lol).

May 8, 2024, 17:04
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 17:04
May 8, 2024, 17:04

I thought there might be some statistical data, I should’ve known it was just a comment.
But I do like how gamers went from “Sony needs to go to HE double hockey sticks“ to what can we do to save Sony and Arrowhead a bunch of money.
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

May 8, 2024, 16:51
Kxmode

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 16:51
May 8, 2024, 16:51
 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 8, 2024, 16:20:
This Spitz person literally saved Sony and Arrowhead a bunch of money...
That's a new one. Source?
"SPITZ, the outstanding community manager whose suggestion to continue the review-bombing . . . is most likely the reason many of us didn't attempt a refund."
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

May 8, 2024, 16:42
Prez

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 16:42
May 8, 2024, 16:42
 Prez

Steele Johnson wrote on May 8, 2024, 16:15:
Oh c'mon! The BN community loves this kind of gaming drama. Otherwise, what would you do with your day? 🤪

You do have a point, particularly in my case.

I instead will share the inside knowledge that I have through unnamed sources. But the truth is that Spintz was onto something big about the company (that all of the old male board members at Sony meet in private to try on women's underwear). They removed him and then "took care of him"...
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

May 8, 2024, 16:20
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 16:20
May 8, 2024, 16:20

This Spitz person literally saved Sony and Arrowhead a bunch of money...
That's a new one. Source?
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

May 8, 2024, 16:15
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 16:15
May 8, 2024, 16:15

Oh c'mon! The BN community loves this kind of gaming drama. Otherwise, what would you do with your day? 🤪

May 8, 2024, 14:41
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 14:41
May 8, 2024, 14:41

May 8, 2024, 14:33
Kxmode

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 14:33
May 8, 2024, 14:33
 Kxmode

May 8, 2024, 13:57
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 13:57
May 8, 2024, 13:57

NKD wrote on May 8, 2024, 13:52:
This petition makes me cringe.
I signed it over 17 times using different email addresses, different browsers, different ip's and random social security numbers.

How many u?

May 8, 2024, 13:52
NKD
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 13:52
May 8, 2024, 13:52
NKD

This petition makes me cringe.
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

May 8, 2024, 13:05
mch
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 13:05
May 8, 2024, 13:05
mch

mch wrote on May 8, 2024, 12:54:
Good god, the more I read about this game and its community, the happier I am that I never got around to checking it out.

Wow, I had no I idea they did the recent Gauntlet (and Magicka!). Honestly I should've put that together, because Arrowhead is a familiar name to me...and I did play a little bit of the first Helldivers.

Oh well, still glad I'm sitting this out.

May 8, 2024, 12:59
Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 12:59
May 8, 2024, 12:59

mch wrote on May 8, 2024, 12:54:
Good god, the more I read about this game and its community, the happier I am that I never got around to checking it out.

May 8, 2024, 12:56
Prez

Re: HELLDIVERS 2 Players Want CM Back May 8, 2024, 12:56
May 8, 2024, 12:56
 Prez

The games media is going to post every tangentially related thing to this topic that they can to milk it for all that it's worth. Don't add to the perception that we want to keep hearing about this. The story is over; time to move on ...
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older