Yars Rising Announced

Atari announces Yars Rising, another game based on Atari 2600 classic Yars' Revenge following the 2022 launch of Yars: Recharged. The new game is in the works at WayForward Technologies for release on PC and consoles later this year. The Official Announcement Trailer shows off this modernized metroidvania, and here are some details:
In Yars Rising, players take control of the young hacker Emi Kimura, who is hired by a mysterious patron to infiltrate the shadowy Qotech corporation. Run, jump, sneak, and hack a way through challenges to unravel layers of intrigue in this expansive sci-fi mystery. Embark on Emi’s journey to decipher the mystery of the corporation’s closely guarded secret and uncover her inexplicable bond to a far-off alien race.

WayForward has built a reputation for developing franchises featuring strong characters and rich storytelling. In Yars Rising, the studio delivers a side-scrolling Metroidvania adventure with platforming action, a balance of stealth and combat gameplay, and retro-inspired mini-games.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Yars Rising Announced
Apr 18, 2024, 11:20
Re: Yars Rising Announced Apr 18, 2024, 11:20
Apr 18, 2024, 11:20

I had the cartridge for my 2600 back then, but I didn't play it much because I was terrible at it. River Raid, though, was a great. And I was a total master on StarMaster. (I even sent away for the free patch with a screenshot!)

Apr 17, 2024, 23:17
Re: Yars Rising Announced Apr 17, 2024, 23:17
Apr 17, 2024, 23:17

Wow. I've never gone from excited to completely uninterested so quickly. I don't see how this has anything to do with the classic Yars Revenge.
"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

Apr 17, 2024, 21:43
Re: Yars Rising Announced Apr 17, 2024, 21:43
Apr 17, 2024, 21:43

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 17, 2024, 12:40:
Not everything needs to be weeb bullshit. Yars' Revenge never had anything to do with weeb bullshit. Just make a straight up game that builds on the original and it would be fine.

It's weird because the last one was kind of like some updated version of the original... how they got to "let's turn this into a metroidvania with an anime girl", I'm not sure.

Apr 17, 2024, 12:40
Re: Yars Rising Announced Apr 17, 2024, 12:40
Apr 17, 2024, 12:40

Not everything needs to be weeb bullshit. Yars' Revenge never had anything to do with weeb bullshit. Just make a straight up game that builds on the original and it would be fine.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older