Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week

An X from Battlefield Comms reveals plans to update Battlefield V on Wednesday with the latest form of EA anti-cheat protection (thanks DSOGaming). This shows a surprising attention to fair play considering this installment in the military shooter series launched over five years ago. Word is if you want to keep cheating you'll have to avoid exiting the game forever: "You will need to restart your game to benefit from the changes of this Client Update." For details, the post refers to the official website. There you will find reassurances about this impact this will have on player's systems:
Will EA anticheat degrade gameplay?
No. We’ve conducted extensive internal and independent performance and stability assessments to ensure EA anticheat is as performant and lightweight as possible. EA anticheat will have negligible impact on your gameplay.

Does EA anticheat run when I start my PC, or only when the game is running?
EA anticheat only runs when a game with EA anticheat protection included is running. All anti-cheat processes shut down when the game does.

Does EA anticheat stay on my PC if I uninstall Battlefield 2042 or Battlefield V? Can I uninstall it if I want?
If you have uninstalled all of your EA games that have EA anticheat protection, EA anticheat will automatically uninstall and remove itself from your PC. It can also be manually uninstalled by you at any time you choose and will be completely removed from your PC.

Please note that if you uninstall EA anticheat , any games that require EA anticheat protection (like Battlefield 2042 or Battlefield V) will not be playable until EA anticheat is reinstalled. If you would like to reinstall EA anticheat we’ve made it as easy as possible to do so, with simple prompts in the game launch process.
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week
Apr 1, 2024, 10:00
Re: Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week Apr 1, 2024, 10:00
Apr 1, 2024, 10:00

It says that 2042 has had this anti-cheat since October 2023.

Apr 1, 2024, 07:48
Re: Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week Apr 1, 2024, 07:48
Apr 1, 2024, 07:48

I think this is invasive anti cheat that goes in the kernel? Wonder of 2042 is using it yet or they want to test it on V

Apr 1, 2024, 04:34
Re: Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week Apr 1, 2024, 04:34
Apr 1, 2024, 04:34

Ohh the building system was/is extremely fun. There is that England VS Germany map with a giant bridge spanning the middle and under it is a marshy/farm type terrain. And if you played support and had to fall back as England, you could build rows of ditches, sand bags and AT guns. Getting that AT gun up was so vital to defending against the German advance I found myself holding on to that position for ages. Constantly repairing and rebuilding the AT gun just to hold the enemy team back. Some of my best BF:V memories come from events like that.

And no, the current version of BF 2042 gave me zero new or fun memories. Now if you don't mind I'm off the play some more BattleBit....
Rimmer: “Step up to Red Alert.”
Kryten: “Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.”

ALSO: https://www.stopkillinggames.com/

Apr 1, 2024, 00:20
Re: Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week Apr 1, 2024, 00:20
Apr 1, 2024, 00:20

This might actually make me reinstall BFV (if it actually works). It was the rampant cheating that made me quit. Otherwise, it's a really fun game.

Mar 31, 2024, 21:39
Re: Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week Mar 31, 2024, 21:39
Mar 31, 2024, 21:39

PVP is the problem. It just breeds toxicity. The solution is PVE. It's more fun, more positive, and if hax happen, they don't matter. 👍

Mar 31, 2024, 16:39
Prez

Re: Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week Mar 31, 2024, 16:39
Mar 31, 2024, 16:39
 Prez

It's not that what they are saying is particularly hard to believe, but if EA tells me the sky is blue I am going to check first.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Mar 31, 2024, 14:06
Re: Battlefield V Anti-Cheat Update This Week Mar 31, 2024, 14:06
Mar 31, 2024, 14:06

Well, better late than never.

Battlefield V had some really awesome improvements to the Battlefield format, primarily the building system. I wish 2042 had made use of that and improved upon it.

BFV also looks so ridiculously epic in game, compared to BF2042, not sure why. A lot of 'Accidental Renaissance, Battlefield Style' moments as well, in BFV.

Personally I think I've reached my tolerance limit for any multiplayer FPS for awhile, it certainly seems like pub players have gotten astronomically worse at playing/defending any objectives the past 10-15 years. Without any data whatsoever, I blame streamers.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older