13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Increased player stats and filters
Feb 27, 2024, 20:45
Re: Increased player stats and filters Feb 27, 2024, 20:45
Feb 27, 2024, 20:45

budrojr wrote on Feb 27, 2024, 02:16:
That would be nice too. But how many people would be honest about why they kicked someone? If I'm kicked, it's almost exclusively been prior to playing in a game. So I just assume it can't be for a bad reason other than maybe I'm just not up to the level of match the host is running. Don't often get kicked after a match, and I'm admittedly not that good (still learning the game). Which I can kinda understand. Not everyone wants to play hard games with someone only able to run underpowered strategems or weapons that don't pack enough punch.
I've seen it in a few other games, I think Deep Rock allows it as well, and it's a nice addition, because sometimes you don't know whether they're actually being toxic or not otherwise. There's no real downside to it if you keep the reasons limited, and a lot of reasons that'll help the community keep toxicity down.

Although, sometimes you do know, like when I played with a bunch of French people, who apparently couldn't wait a few extra seconds for me to choose my loadout. 😂

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2024, 20:57.

Re: etc.
Feb 27, 2024, 13:35
Re: etc. Feb 27, 2024, 13:35
Feb 27, 2024, 13:35

RogueSix wrote on Feb 26, 2024, 23:43:
Aw, Teddy, so disappointing. And here I thought you called me Donald Trump in jest and I also thought that it was pretty obvious that my replies were not entirely serious, especially when I signed my reply with "Donald J. T.". But you were actually dead serious all the time, huh?

Wow, man. Sorry, I did not know you would seriously get so riled up over some online game and lose all sense of humor. Whatever one's opinion on the game but I guess it has managed to create some hardcore fanboys in record time so that is something at least... Wink
Do you enjoy harassing women and demeaning anyone different than you, then feign offence crying "it was just a joke" whenever anyone calls you out on it?

Hint: It was rhetorical, we already know the answer.

Feb 27, 2024, 02:16
Re: Increased player stats and filters Feb 27, 2024, 02:16
Feb 27, 2024, 02:16

That would be nice too. But how many people would be honest about why they kicked someone? If I'm kicked, it's almost exclusively been prior to playing in a game. So I just assume it can't be for a bad reason other than maybe I'm just not up to the level of match the host is running. Don't often get kicked after a match, and I'm admittedly not that good (still learning the game). Which I can kinda understand. Not everyone wants to play hard games with someone only able to run underpowered strategems or weapons that don't pack enough punch.

Feb 27, 2024, 02:08
Re: Increased player stats and filters Feb 27, 2024, 02:08
Feb 27, 2024, 02:08

I like that idea. It'd also take out some of the suck from a disconnect or crash as well.

Feb 27, 2024, 00:59
Re: Increased player stats and filters Feb 27, 2024, 00:59
Feb 27, 2024, 00:59

Razumen wrote on Feb 27, 2024, 00:10:
budrojr wrote on Feb 26, 2024, 22:19:
Maybe they should beef up the player stat system to let you see how often a player kicks people from their game. Then use filters to weed out randomizing with high percentage kickers. Likewise, let them choose to only play with people who run certain builds that way they can pigeonhole themselves off from the community at will. I just block jerks so hopefully I won't encounter them again. I've enjoyed playing with all levels of players. The newbies gotta learn, and do so faster when teaming up with vets. It can be a lot of fun watching a newbie turn into a vet and see how you had a hand in making that happen. Be nice. Coop games need more coop minded people and less rude elitism.
One thing the game needs is a reason that you've kicked. Even if it's just from a few developer picked options, it's still better than just having the message "You've been kicked from the game.", because sometimes people do just need to kick someone from the game to make way for a friend, or maybe they forget to set the game to private, etc.

What it really needs in my personal opinion is to simply hand out any rewards earned right up to the point someone was kicked. That disincentivizes anyone who's trying to do it to grief people if the people wrongly kicked lose nothing and it makes sure that kicks are still available to remove people that are causing problems. Just make sure anyone who gets kicked gets all the xp, samples, medals, requisitions, and credits that the team collected up to that point.

Feb 27, 2024, 00:10
Re: Increased player stats and filters Feb 27, 2024, 00:10
Feb 27, 2024, 00:10

budrojr wrote on Feb 26, 2024, 22:19:
Maybe they should beef up the player stat system to let you see how often a player kicks people from their game. Then use filters to weed out randomizing with high percentage kickers. Likewise, let them choose to only play with people who run certain builds that way they can pigeonhole themselves off from the community at will. I just block jerks so hopefully I won't encounter them again. I've enjoyed playing with all levels of players. The newbies gotta learn, and do so faster when teaming up with vets. It can be a lot of fun watching a newbie turn into a vet and see how you had a hand in making that happen. Be nice. Coop games need more coop minded people and less rude elitism.
One thing the game needs is a reason that you've kicked. Even if it's just from a few developer picked options, it's still better than just having the message "You've been kicked from the game.", because sometimes people do just need to kick someone from the game to make way for a friend, or maybe they forget to set the game to private, etc.

Feb 26, 2024, 23:43
Re: etc. Feb 26, 2024, 23:43
Feb 26, 2024, 23:43

Teddy wrote on Feb 26, 2024, 22:14:
RogueSix wrote on Feb 26, 2024, 21:58:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 26, 2024, 12:30:
so i like to quickplay. Did a match last night difficulty 4 on my first bugs missions (been fighting automatons since start) and was doing well... Dude didn't like that i hit him with an angle bombing run (runs diagonal) and got mad at kicked me.

The kick system is pretty garbage. The host can just kick you instantly. It should be a vote.

You got it all wrong. There is no kicking. You are just imagining things and hating on the game for no reason. Why do you make up stuff to hate on the game? Are you Donald Trump?

P.S.: Just to be sure... I'm joking because of the other thread in which people are in full denial that the game has issues like you described Wink .

Cool, cross-thread trolling and harassment. For someone who has no intention on ever playing the game and has exactly zero experience with it, you are strangely obsessive about posting about it. Of course your attempts to claim it is a pervasive phenomenon are limited to a handful of whiny posts on the steam forums and this article that cites 3 users opinions. Clearly representative of the more than 4 million people who bought the game, as usual. Not to mention the fact that you're blatantly LYING again. Not once did I ever say that no one was ever kicked, in fact I stated that there are some assholes out there. What I did say was that you were being absurd suggesting that it was so prevalent that it happened in EVERY MISSION (your own words, I can quote you if you like).

Aw, Teddy, so disappointing. And here I thought you called me Donald Trump in jest and I also thought that it was pretty obvious that my replies were not entirely serious, especially when I signed my reply with "Donald J. T.". But you were actually dead serious all the time, huh?

Wow, man. Sorry, I did not know you would seriously get so riled up over some online game and lose all sense of humor. Whatever one's opinion on the game but I guess it has managed to create some hardcore fanboys in record time so that is something at least... Wink
-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

Increased player stats and filters
Feb 26, 2024, 22:19
Increased player stats and filters Feb 26, 2024, 22:19
Feb 26, 2024, 22:19

Feb 26, 2024, 22:14
Re: etc. Feb 26, 2024, 22:14
Feb 26, 2024, 22:14

so i like to quickplay. Did a match last night difficulty 4 on my first bugs missions (been fighting automatons since start) and was doing well... Dude didn't like that i hit him with an angle bombing run (runs diagonal) and got mad at kicked me.

The kick system is pretty garbage. The host can just kick you instantly. It should be a vote.

You got it all wrong. There is no kicking. You are just imagining things and hating on the game for no reason. Why do you make up stuff to hate on the game? Are you Donald Trump?

P.S.: Just to be sure... I'm joking because of the other thread in which people are in full denial that the game has issues like you described Wink .

Cool, cross-thread trolling and harassment. For someone who has no intention on ever playing the game and has exactly zero experience with it, you are strangely obsessive about posting about it. Of course your attempts to claim it is a pervasive phenomenon are limited to a handful of whiny posts on the steam forums and this article that cites 3 users opinions. Clearly representative of the more than 4 million people who bought the game, as usual. Not to mention the fact that you're blatantly LYING again. Not once did I ever say that no one was ever kicked, in fact I stated that there are some assholes out there. What I did say was that you were being absurd suggesting that it was so prevalent that it happened in EVERY MISSION (your own words, I can quote you if you like).

Feb 26, 2024, 22:06
Re: etc. Feb 26, 2024, 22:06
Feb 26, 2024, 22:06

The host is literally hosting the game, it's a P2P system. Votes make no sense.

There is some kicking, but it's nowhere near as bad as you think it is. I'm level 30 in the game and rarely run into things like this, and I ALWAYS play with randoms.

Feb 26, 2024, 21:58
Re: etc. Feb 26, 2024, 21:58
Feb 26, 2024, 21:58

-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

Feb 26, 2024, 15:15
Re: etc. Feb 26, 2024, 15:15
Feb 26, 2024, 15:15

Steam forums are cesspits full of trolls and bad actors on new games. They hardly count as the norm in gaming.

The real news should be Steam needs better moderation on their forums. Too many of them are "farming jesters" to get steam points that allows them to upgrade their profile levels. Profile levels increase their card drops chance which has (weak) monetary value.

Feb 26, 2024, 12:30
Re: etc. Feb 26, 2024, 12:30
Feb 26, 2024, 12:30

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older