Out of the Blue

So yesterday mentioned we have plans brewing. This is something I alluded to last week when wishing my mother-in-law a happy birthday. We're heading down to Atlanta for the weekend to celebrate with her in-person. This will be our first time on an airplane since before the pandemic, so it carries an air of drama. Not many people look forward to flying, but we are happy about the chance to spend some overdue family time. The fact that it's about 30 degrees warmer there than here these days is another nice aspect of the plan. I picked up a bit of tech to help with updating on the road, as the market for portable monitors has blossomed since I last looked, and I was able to find a cheap second screen that connects effortlessly via USB. I hate the limited screen-size of working on a laptop, and this should help with that a lot.

Prescreened Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Stories

Science
Thanks Max.

Media

Creature Features

Auction

Follow-up

View : : :
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: OotB: Prescreened
Feb 22, 2024, 12:01
Re: OotB: Prescreened Feb 22, 2024, 12:01
Feb 22, 2024, 12:01

sauron wrote on Feb 22, 2024, 11:15:
Portable monitor link? Thank you!
Sure, with the caveats that:
1) These are commodity items, so I just shopped for price and features. They have them bigger and smaller at higher and lower resolutions and run between about $75 and $200. Almost all have Chinese names, and if any of them is an actual brand apologies, but it all seems like a crapshoot. There are name-brand models for more, but I'm guessing this will be just fine for my modest needs.
2) I haven't worked with it at all yet, I just confirmed it operates properly (it was plug and play) and looked okay.

But yeah, drawing power and video through the USB with no extra effort is a little like tech magic. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C8J9VB27
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Feb 22, 2024, 11:41
Re: OotB: Prescreened Feb 22, 2024, 11:41
Feb 22, 2024, 11:41

That is one angry dog. Being that close to the Antichrist must be stressful.

Feb 22, 2024, 11:15
Re: OotB: Prescreened Feb 22, 2024, 11:15
Feb 22, 2024, 11:15

Portable monitor link? Thank you!
Kittens!
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older