Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders

Bethesda announces Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders are now underway, offering everyone the ill-advised chance to pre-buy this collection of Fallout RPGs in advance of its launch on April 11th. The package includes all the mainline installments in the series, beginning with the original trilogy, the subject of a bunch of giveaways over the years, all the way through Fallout 76, the 2018 Fallout prequel. But what would an anthology be without the temptation for ardent fans to do some repurchasing? Here's are the attributes that make this collection S.P.E.C.I.A.L.:
Whether you’re new to Bethesda Game Studios’ Fallout, or this isn’t your first time stepping out of the vault, get a crash course in wasteland survival from the very beginning of the award-winning role-playing game series that blasted onto the scene in 1997.

Inspired by Fallout 76’s in-game perk cards, the Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology contains seven collectible cards, stored in the core of a miniature bomb (though disarmed, the painted mini-nuke features an explosive sound effect!). On these S.P.E.C.I.A.L. cards, Vault-Tec’s fan-favorite Vault Boy makes the best use of his Charisma points to depict the core skills of any exceptional vault-dweller, from brute Strength to sheer Luck.
View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders
Feb 22, 2024, 13:59
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 22, 2024, 13:59
Feb 22, 2024, 13:59

Nullity wrote on Feb 21, 2024, 13:38:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 20, 2024, 19:06:
yonder wrote on Feb 20, 2024, 18:59:
osage no onna wrote on Feb 20, 2024, 14:45:
ldonyo wrote on Feb 20, 2024, 12:16:
That's an EA\Ubi-level cash grab. Shame on you, Microsoft!

Is this some "thanks, Obama" joke? As if Bethesda haven't been the pioneers of cash grabs for a long time now. Microsoft didn't dream up horse armor, Microsoft didn't try to monetize mods, Microsoft didn't release and re-release Skyrim seventeen times, if it isn't even more by now.

Where the heck did Thanks Obama come from?

Microsoft OWNS Bethesda now. Microsoft is who chooses how to monetize and what to squeeze out of consumers, not Bethesda. Yes, Bethesda's been as massively monetizing company for a long time now that has short-changed consumers while putting out increasingly sub-par games (dear everyone, IT DID NOT START WITH STARFIELD). But that's also 100% irrelevant.

When you get a new boss who controls the budget... that boss makes the decisions from now on, not you.

I believe Osage used it like "Thanks, Microsoft" to imply it's Microsoft's fault, especially now that they own Bethesda. Large studios acquired often have numerous projects in progress, and it's conceivable that Bethesda initiated this before the acquisition. Microsoft hasn't chosen to halt its launch, suggesting that both parties may bear responsibility.

Yep. This would have been in the works long before MS acquired Bethesda. The only involvement MS would have had was determining that it would be more profitable to follow through with the project then to cancel it.

MS finalized the purchase of Bethesda in mid-2021. You think a non-remaster anthology takes *that* long?

I know ports/updates aren't "type /updategame and hit enter" but 3 years is a LOT longer than something like this takes from greenlighting to finish.

We do agree that MS had final say and full responsibility of the end decision tho.

Feb 22, 2024, 13:58
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 22, 2024, 13:58
Feb 22, 2024, 13:58

Is this some "thanks, Obama" joke? As if Bethesda haven't been the pioneers of cash grabs for a long time now. Microsoft didn't dream up horse armor, Microsoft didn't try to monetize mods, Microsoft didn't release and re-release Skyrim seventeen times, if it isn't even more by now.

Microsoft OWNS Bethesda now. Microsoft is who chooses how to monetize and what to squeeze out of consumers, not Bethesda. Yes, Bethesda's been as massively monetizing company for a long time now that has short-changed consumers while putting out increasingly sub-par games (dear everyone, IT DID NOT START WITH STARFIELD). But that's also 100% irrelevant.

When you get a new boss who controls the budget... that boss makes the decisions from now on, not you.

I believe Osage used it like "Thanks, Microsoft" to imply it's Microsoft's fault, especially now that they own Bethesda. Large studios acquired often have numerous projects in progress, and it's conceivable that Bethesda initiated this before the acquisition. Microsoft hasn't chosen to halt its launch, suggesting that both parties may bear responsibility.

*Presuming* "Thanks Obama" from "Shame on you, name" is an incredibly massive leap.

Feb 21, 2024, 13:38
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 21, 2024, 13:38
Feb 21, 2024, 13:38

Yep. This would have been in the works long before MS acquired Bethesda. The only involvement MS would have had was determining that it would be more profitable to follow through with the project then to cancel it.

Feb 21, 2024, 12:53
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 21, 2024, 12:53
Feb 21, 2024, 12:53

What? These motherfuckers really expect me to pre-order games that are already available and Tim sweennney bribed me with! Ohhhh, I am mad as hell I tell you, MAD AS HELL! I am going to home depot right now to get a pitch fork!

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2024, 13:06.

Feb 21, 2024, 05:20
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 21, 2024, 05:20
Feb 21, 2024, 05:20

The fallout series is one I owned back on CDs with big boxed versions. Got All of them on steam, got them on sale or bundled or maybe even free on gog and I think my epic launcher as well.

I don’t get it. It must be due to the upcoming live action series. Anybody who gave a shit about these old timer RPGs probably has it by now.
Rimmer: “Step up to Red Alert.”
Kryten: “Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.”

ALSO: https://www.stopkillinggames.com/

Feb 20, 2024, 21:50
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 21:50
Feb 20, 2024, 21:50

You've got to recoup your losses somehow

Feb 20, 2024, 19:06
Kxmode

Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 19:06
Feb 20, 2024, 19:06
 Kxmode

"...and in stonks, Fizzy Squeezy Stocklebocks leaped over Droopy Whoopy Bondfluffs, hitting 300-gigglebits to their 150-snorebucks. Meanwhile, in Whimsyland's market, the pancakes reached parity with pogo sticks."

Feb 20, 2024, 18:59
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 18:59
Feb 20, 2024, 18:59

Feb 20, 2024, 18:08
Kxmode

Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 18:08
Feb 20, 2024, 18:08
 Kxmode

From

Strength
Perception
Endurance
Charisma
Intelligence
Agility
Luck

to

Sum
Profit
Exploitation
Capital
Investment
Acquisition
Liquidation

"It's more S.P.E.C.I.A.L." - Microsoft
"...and in stonks, Fizzy Squeezy Stocklebocks leaped over Droopy Whoopy Bondfluffs, hitting 300-gigglebits to their 150-snorebucks. Meanwhile, in Whimsyland's market, the pancakes reached parity with pogo sticks."

Feb 20, 2024, 16:41
J
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 16:41
Feb 20, 2024, 16:41
J

Not only can you acquire the jin-u-wine buggy messes that Bethesda released, but now it's further compounded by newer technology and compatibility issues! Don't think, just hand over your money. Play your part and join the angry forum posters today!
nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

Feb 20, 2024, 15:37
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 15:37
Feb 20, 2024, 15:37

GinRummy wrote on Feb 20, 2024, 15:30:
Where's news of the Fallout 4 remaster or rework or whatever that was supposed to be out last year but was delayed? Supposition was that it would coincide with the upcoming new TV show, maybe.
When you throw in a logic bomb like this you make it hard to add a snarky comment about pre-orders and iq.
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Feb 20, 2024, 15:30
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 15:30
Feb 20, 2024, 15:30

Where's news of the Fallout 4 remaster or rework or whatever that was supposed to be out last year but was delayed? Supposition was that it would coincide with the upcoming new TV show, maybe.

Feb 20, 2024, 14:45
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 14:45
Feb 20, 2024, 14:45

Feb 20, 2024, 13:42
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 13:42
Feb 20, 2024, 13:42

No remasters, nothing new at all, just a lame-ass bundle? Meh. After Starfield, shouldn’t Bethesda maybe take a break from disappointing players and from being a lame company? Guess they chose differently…
-=Threadcrappeur Extraordinaire=-

Feb 20, 2024, 12:16
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 12:16
Feb 20, 2024, 12:16

Feb 20, 2024, 12:03
Re: Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Pre-Orders Feb 20, 2024, 12:03
Feb 20, 2024, 12:03

I suppose this explains the Epic substitution. I wonder how long it was in the works. Maybe they just recently notified Epic about it so they pulled their planned giveaway.
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older