Fighting Cheating in Palworld

A post on formerly Twitter discusses countermeasures against the cheating that has marred the otherwise extremely successful launch of Palworld. This confirms that some players are currently unable to log into the pal collecting and eating game "due to cheating and the influence of fraudulent activities." Apologizing for cases where it has been slow to respond, Pocketpair outlines a zero-tolerance approach to cheating, and lays out plans to bring some law and order to the game:
First of all, we plan to release a player list function for servers in an update at the end of February. Through this, we will strengthen the identification of players who engage in cheating and the suspension of their use by the development team.

Following this, we plan to introduce an external anti-cheat solution to take measures against particularly frequent fraudulent activities and cheating.
*Please note: In the case of community servers, single player, and co-op, the use of this function is optional.

In addition to the above measures, we will continue to take thorough measures against further cheating and fraudulent activities.
View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld
Feb 18, 2024, 17:09
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 18, 2024, 17:09
Feb 18, 2024, 17:09

From Palworld to pizza.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Feb 17, 2024, 12:44
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 17, 2024, 12:44
Feb 17, 2024, 12:44

When I was in NY on business, I did try New York style pizza. No, it was not Sbarro. Some local place that I was taken to. My associates loved it, it was like greasy cardboard to me. I do not doubt that individual owners are putting their heart and soul in to their product.

I've also tried the casserole that Chicago tries to pass off as pizza as well as the...whatever the Hell it is...that Detroit tries to pass off as pizza. Both in their native locales. Just not my thing. Ergo, my ambivalence.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Feb 17, 2024, 11:48
Prez

Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 17, 2024, 11:48
Feb 17, 2024, 11:48
 Prez

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 17, 2024, 10:47:
Prez wrote on Feb 16, 2024, 23:04:
With a name like 'Burrito of Peace' I can only assume that you eat only burritos (and then only peaceful ones) thus I will forgive your sacrilege. 'Ambivalent about pizza' he says. HARRUMPH!!!

Laugh2

Wouldn't that technically be cannibalism on my part? Though I do love a good burrito...

My ambivalence towards pizza was actually a topic of a long conversation that Mrs. Burrito and I had during the lockdown. She loved pizza and was somewhat baffled by my total ambivalence toward it. So we dug deep. We agreed that the root cause was how I grew up. See, my mom is Acadian. "Cajun" to the rest of the world. That woman can cook like mad and cook very, very well. She had me in the kitchen learning to cook since I was old enough to stand on a stool unaided and help. She can also cook just about every type of food on the planet and is constantly learning new dishes, even today. So I grew up eating a lot of scratch made meals with fresh ingredients. I'm talking straight from the garden and henhouse fresh. Consequently, there wasn't a whole lot of fast food in my life as a child until I left home as a young adult. I never really developed the taste for it and what I have eaten, now as an adult, just doesn't stack up well against what comes out of my kitchen. I'd prefer to cook, honestly, even when I am tired and even if that meal is something I started earlier in the day. Just let it cook low and slow in a coquette on the stove while I was outside doing other things and, boom, ready to eat meal when I come in.

Also, there is a concept called "langiappe". Now, you look that word up in English and it means "a little gratuity" or "something extra". English fails to capture its soul. When you're cooking for yourself or others, you always put a little langiappe in everything you make. It's love. You put love in your food, whether you are cooking for yourself or those you are going to be serving this meal you're making. Cause if you don't love the people you are cooking for, why are you even cooking? Fast food, even pizza, doesn't have that and you can definitely taste the difference. Meals aren't just something you sit on a couch, hunched over a TV traytable, and shove in to your gob. They're an experience. Whether that is spending time with people you love or just easing that rumble in your belly. They're a celebration of life, of culture, and of existence. They're a way to soothe the soul, celebrate good times, help you through the bad times, and to settle business.

So, yeah, that's the root cause of why I am rather ambivalent toward pizza.

I think that if you ever saw how much passion that old Italian dude from Brooklyn puts into making his pizza you might notice some of that there too. The guy I have come to know that owns the pizzeria here in north Jersey told me that he is as much of an artist as he is a chef. I almost stood up and clapped. 😁

Incidentally in case you haven't tried it yet give NYC pizza a shot. I wouldn't guarantee that everyone will automatically love it but it should be at least tried once by everyone. I love a good New York pizza more than any other food in existence.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Feb 17, 2024, 10:47
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 17, 2024, 10:47
Feb 17, 2024, 10:47

Prez wrote on Feb 16, 2024, 23:04:
With a name like 'Burrito of Peace' I can only assume that you eat only burritos (and then only peaceful ones) thus I will forgive your sacrilege. 'Ambivalent about pizza' he says. HARRUMPH!!!

Laugh2

Wouldn't that technically be cannibalism on my part? Though I do love a good burrito...

My ambivalence towards pizza was actually a topic of a long conversation that Mrs. Burrito and I had during the lockdown. She loved pizza and was somewhat baffled by my total ambivalence toward it. So we dug deep. We agreed that the root cause was how I grew up. See, my mom is Acadian. "Cajun" to the rest of the world. That woman can cook like mad and cook very, very well. She had me in the kitchen learning to cook since I was old enough to stand on a stool unaided and help. She can also cook just about every type of food on the planet and is constantly learning new dishes, even today. So I grew up eating a lot of scratch made meals with fresh ingredients. I'm talking straight from the garden and henhouse fresh. Consequently, there wasn't a whole lot of fast food in my life as a child until I left home as a young adult. I never really developed the taste for it and what I have eaten, now as an adult, just doesn't stack up well against what comes out of my kitchen. I'd prefer to cook, honestly, even when I am tired and even if that meal is something I started earlier in the day. Just let it cook low and slow in a coquette on the stove while I was outside doing other things and, boom, ready to eat meal when I come in.

Also, there is a concept called "langiappe". Now, you look that word up in English and it means "a little gratuity" or "something extra". English fails to capture its soul. When you're cooking for yourself or others, you always put a little langiappe in everything you make. It's love. You put love in your food, whether you are cooking for yourself or those you are going to be serving this meal you're making. Cause if you don't love the people you are cooking for, why are you even cooking? Fast food, even pizza, doesn't have that and you can definitely taste the difference. Meals aren't just something you sit on a couch, hunched over a TV traytable, and shove in to your gob. They're an experience. Whether that is spending time with people you love or just easing that rumble in your belly. They're a celebration of life, of culture, and of existence. They're a way to soothe the soul, celebrate good times, help you through the bad times, and to settle business.

So, yeah, that's the root cause of why I am rather ambivalent toward pizza.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

Feb 17, 2024, 06:53
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 17, 2024, 06:53
Feb 17, 2024, 06:53

Whenever I am feeling too confident and positive about human nature, all I need to do demolish that perception is to play a multiplayer game where cheating and exploits run rampant.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! - HT

Feb 16, 2024, 23:04
Prez

Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 23:04
Feb 16, 2024, 23:04
 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Feb 16, 2024, 21:06
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 21:06
Feb 16, 2024, 21:06

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2024, 16:35:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 16, 2024, 14:46:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 16, 2024, 14:18:
Prez wrote on Feb 16, 2024, 13:46:
Just curious - does any company NOT have a stated "zero tolerance" to cheating? Like, any out there saying "well, cheating is okay some of the time..."?

I would rather that they say "We have zero tolerance for people who put pineapple on pizza and for people who use their phone in the theater."

Now that would be something.

People who put pineapple on pizza should be dragged to the post in the center of the village and horsewhipped for their heresy. People who fuck around with their phones in a theater should be shot on sight as a community service.

Ironic, though, that "Hawaiian" pizza was invented by a Greek in Canada.
And cherished in Belly's Worldwide, especially in Texas!

In regards to Cheating (laughable word in relation to Single, Community and Coop video games), you notice how 90% of their players are/were excluded because of the phrase :
*Please note: In the case of community servers, single player, and co-op, the use of this function is optional.
Because in Coop, it's players against AI and yes we are the first line of Defense against SKYNET !
Also, don't tell anyone that the Secret Code Phrase to weed out AI Lovers is "Pineapple is Delicious!" Mwahaha
Helldivers 2 is exclusively PvE, and yet felt the need for rootkit DRM to prevent cheating.
That's horrifying, never heard of it beyond seeing headlines, here. Faint
The last time I remember rootkit style drm, was soe getting caught in the 2000s, don't recall exactly.
Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Feb 16, 2024, 18:47
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 18:47
Feb 16, 2024, 18:47

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2024, 16:27:
Who doesn't love pineapple?

Me. Pineapple is nasty. There are many fruits that are superior to it in every conceivable way. None of those belong on pizza, either.

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2024, 16:27:
Who doesn't love pizza?

Also me. I'm ambivalent at best about pizza. For what pizza costs now, I can go get a prime steak from the butcher at HEB and grill it to perfection.

Feb 16, 2024, 16:35
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 16:35
Feb 16, 2024, 16:35

Just curious - does any company NOT have a stated "zero tolerance" to cheating? Like, any out there saying "well, cheating is okay some of the time..."?

I would rather that they say "We have zero tolerance for people who put pineapple on pizza and for people who use their phone in the theater."

People who put pineapple on pizza should be dragged to the post in the center of the village and horsewhipped for their heresy. People who fuck around with their phones in a theater should be shot on sight as a community service.

In regards to Cheating (laughable word in relation to Single, Community and Coop video games), you notice how 90% of their players are/were excluded because of the phrase :
Because in Coop, it's players against AI and yes we are the first line of Defense against SKYNET !
Also, don't tell anyone that the Secret Code Phrase to weed out AI Lovers is "Pineapple is Delicious!" Mwahaha
Helldivers 2 is exclusively PvE, and yet felt the need for rootkit DRM to prevent cheating.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Feb 16, 2024, 16:33
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 16:33
Feb 16, 2024, 16:33

Exactly. Don't blame us Hawaiians for this pizza blasphemy.

Feb 16, 2024, 16:27
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 16:27
Feb 16, 2024, 16:27

Everything was invented by a Greek in Canada. And Hawaiian Pizza is fantastiche! Who doesn't love pineapple? Who doesn't love pizza? It would be insane not to combine them! And let's face it, given how expensive Hawaii is it's the closest most people will ever get to it. Even though everyone should go and surf Waimea once, bro.
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Feb 16, 2024, 15:39
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 15:39
Feb 16, 2024, 15:39

The elders will be along shortly to take you the village square. I hear if you bite down on a leather bit, it won't hurt as much.

Feb 16, 2024, 14:46
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 14:46
Feb 16, 2024, 14:46

Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Feb 16, 2024, 14:18
Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 14:18
Feb 16, 2024, 14:18

Feb 16, 2024, 13:46
Prez

Re: Fighting Cheating in Palworld Feb 16, 2024, 13:46
Feb 16, 2024, 13:46
 Prez

...Pocketpair outlines a zero-tolerance approach to cheating...

- Mahatma Gandhi
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older