6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Re: Saturday Multiplex
Jan 20, 2024, 12:47
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jan 20, 2024, 12:47
Jan 20, 2024, 12:47

Doesn't change the fact Emil is still responsible for the state of Bethesda writing. Bad faith takes happen because there's something fundamentally borked
Shenmue fans are the worst.

Jan 20, 2024, 13:25
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jan 20, 2024, 13:25
Jan 20, 2024, 13:25

Apologist videos like this miss the most basic points. Emil is a design & writing director, meaning he makes the decisions on what content gets included in the game within his sphere, and his sphere is writing/story/quest design. We don't need to watch a 2+ hour youtube video to be told that he's just one person and Bethesda is a 250+ person studio when we already know that he's the one making the questionable decisions that result in disjointed, inconsistent, ridiculous stories.

Jan 20, 2024, 15:09
Prez

Re: Saturday Multiplex Jan 20, 2024, 15:09
Jan 20, 2024, 15:09
 Prez

Context and nuance are not popular in today's microwave society. We want quick hot takes that tell us everything we need to know and form our opinions with, which in turn become hot takes. If you don't have the time or just don't want to watch a 2 hour video that's fine. But the posts represented here so far completely fall short of giving a fair synopsis of what the video is. Watch it if you have time. It's pretty damn good.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2024, 15:20.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jan 20, 2024, 19:47
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jan 20, 2024, 19:47
Jan 20, 2024, 19:47

That is such bullshit, he is clearly capable of good Ideas but that doesn't mean he's a good writer.
Most of us have been complaining about bethesda needing a good writer since, freaking Oblivion.
Every freaking game it's full of good ideas that are poorly executed and 80%+ chance they bugged or broken.

Take Skyrim, a Civil War which was instigated by a 3rd party (great idea so far, right).
Firstly, they refuse to let us hold the 3rd party accountable.
Secondly, you can only choose 1 of the 2 sides, you can't choose peace or take control rule in peace.
I realize there's a mod that fixed much of the Civil War but don't think we were ever able to hold the 3rd party accountable.
Except a ridiculous attack at the end or post quest ( because the responsible party was freaking invulnerable).

It takes nothing short of sheer tupidity to leave a Civil War in that condition.
It's seems part of the problem is they can't accept their mistakes, so they never get fixed.
I'd love to see Dodd the DingleBerry and Eformaggio Fartenburger be forced to take Dunning Kruger.
Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Jan 20, 2024, 22:10
NKD
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jan 20, 2024, 22:10
Jan 20, 2024, 22:10
NKD

I'd never even heard this man's name before last week.
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Jan 21, 2024, 11:30
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jan 21, 2024, 11:30
Jan 21, 2024, 11:30

Acleacius wrote on Jan 20, 2024, 19:47:
That is such bullshit, he is clearly capable of good Ideas but that doesn't mean he's a good writer.
Most of us have been complaining about bethesda needing a good writer since, freaking Oblivion.
Every freaking game it's full of good ideas that are poorly executed and 80%+ chance they bugged or broken.

Take Skyrim, a Civil War which was instigated by a 3rd party (great idea so far, right).
Firstly, they refuse to let us hold the 3rd party accountable.
Secondly, you can only choose 1 of the 2 sides, you can't choose peace or take control rule in peace.
I realize there's a mod that fixed much of the Civil War but don't think we were ever able to hold the 3rd party accountable.
Except a ridiculous attack at the end or post quest ( because the responsible party was freaking invulnerable).

It takes nothing short of sheer tupidity to leave a Civil War in that condition.
It's seems part of the problem is they can't accept their mistakes, so they never get fixed.
I'd love to see Dodd the DingleBerry and Eformaggio Fartenburger be forced to take Dunning Kruger.
Can't even join the Thalmor if I play an Altmer, why bother.
Shenmue fans are the worst.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer