THE FINALS Launches

Nexon announces the launch of THE FINALS, saying this free-to-play first-person shooter is now available for Windows on Steam and for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. A post on Steam welcomes players to Season 1 and outlines all the changes in the release version for those who participated in alpha or beta testing. There's also a post from NVIDIA discussing running the game on its hardware. Like a version of The Running Man with less running and more shooting, this is set in a dystopian future reality TV show where you really don't want to get cancelled. Here's the Season 1 Trailer (audio assault warning) and here's word:
Viewers at home, here's the news you've been waiting to hear: THE FINALS is accepting new contestants, and that means YOU! That's right, soon the world could be watching YOU tear apart our newest dynamic arenas and seize everlasting fame!

As you know, THE FINALS is the world's greatest free-to-play combat game show! Our contestants plug in to our virtual world and join teams in escalating tournaments. They fight it out in our beautifully-rendered arenas based on real-world locations that they can alter, exploit, and even destroy.

Sure, you can aim and shoot, but contestants that add our carefully curated virtual environments to their arsenal are more likely to advance, so do anything you can imagine in the name of victory! Burn arenas to the ground! Send wrecking balls crashing into your opponents! Don't just pull triggers - pull down buildings!
View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: THE FINALS Launches
Dec 9, 2023, 15:14
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 9, 2023, 15:14
Dec 9, 2023, 15:14

Laughing Man wrote on Dec 9, 2023, 12:34:
It hasn't happened to me, so it doesn't exist is always my favorite argument.
Slick never said that, maybe you should read what he said.

Meanwhile watching shroud play last night and he ran into 10+ cheaters in just a couple hours.
Odd that a streamer encounters cheaters since cheaters love to get into games that streamers are streaming. Get a grip.

Super weird how you have a link to a video talking about manipulation yet here you are being insanely loyal to a product and attacking anyone with an opinion or experience different than yours.
Slick never attacked anyone, he was simply explaining his experience with the game.

No one really gives a shit about your opinion...
Right back at you.

"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Dec 9, 2023, 13:20
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 9, 2023, 13:20
Dec 9, 2023, 13:20

I've played the hell out of this. It is good. I played in open beta and was really surprised it launched two days ago, played it all day yesterday. It is a lot of fun, and the destructible environments add a level to FPS play that I haven't gotten to experience yet. I love playing heavy, and smashing through floors, ceilings, and walls to come at the enemy team from angles they don't expect. And when I get bored of that, I can put my TF2 spy hat on and go around backstabbing people. Loads of fun.

This thread is the first I have heard with regards to this game having a cheating problem. I haven't seen any personally, nor have I seen people complaining about it in the communities I get news from. So it is a little weird that the "cheating problem" accusations seem to be coming from people who don't even care to try the game. It is almost as if they have a bone to pick with this game for some reason. /shrug

Dec 9, 2023, 12:34
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 9, 2023, 12:34
Dec 9, 2023, 12:34

Slick wrote on Dec 8, 2023, 23:36:
I should say I've put in 6 hours in the retail launch and not seen a cheater. I'm still working my way through the 60 matches I have to play to unlock ranked tournaments though, where I'd imagine the cheaters hang out.

That first video you linked though, was talking about the open Beta.

I had about 25 hours in that, and never saw a cheater, and I only played ranked tournaments.

I've hit Diamond leavue in both closed betas, and the open beta. The alpha didn't have those leagues yet, and was kinda rough in general.

But surprise surprise. I have about 120 hours total in the last year+, and I've never witnessed a cheater.

So take people saying the sky is falling with a grain of salt. I also didn't have issues with CP2077 at launch tho, so maybe I'm just lucky.

It hasn't happened to me, so it doesn't exist is always my favorite argument. Meanwhile watching shroud play last night and he ran into 10+ cheaters in just a couple hours. Super weird how you have a link to a video talking about manipulation yet here you are being insanely loyal to a product and attacking anyone with an opinion or experience different than yours. No one really gives a shit about your opinion, but I get wanting to be heard.

Dec 8, 2023, 23:58
El Pit

Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 23:58
Dec 8, 2023, 23:58
 El Pit

NasWulf wrote on Dec 8, 2023, 22:18:
Slick wrote on Dec 8, 2023, 19:16:
What the fuck are you talking about? Plagued by cheaters and hacks? It's been out for 10 minutes.

And if anyone gives a shit, this entire game is server-side, even the movement. That gives devs a lot of ways to make cheaters have a bad day.

This is the "Respawn" moment for the ex-DICE devs who are finally out from under EA and can make the games they've always wanted. The Finals plays like a dream. I can't go back to battlefield, the movement, the hitregs, the latency compensation, it's all... yexch. The Finals on the other hand is crispy as a motherfucker.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBe3Vm3B3rc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLGzB8IIXx0

https://www.privatecheatz.com/the-finals-hacks/

https://lavicheats.com/the-finals-hacks-cheats-aimbot-esp/

enjoy ,,,,,

As expected, the tools are out there to turn even the newest competitive multiplayer shooter into an aimbot competition. This and my bad reflexes because of my age are the reason why I won't touch any multiplayer shooter anymore. Let the cheaters make their bots "duel" each other.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Dec 8, 2023, 23:36
Slick

Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 23:36
Dec 8, 2023, 23:36
 Slick

I should say I've put in 6 hours in the retail launch and not seen a cheater. I'm still working my way through the 60 matches I have to play to unlock ranked tournaments though, where I'd imagine the cheaters hang out.

That first video you linked though, was talking about the open Beta.

I had about 25 hours in that, and never saw a cheater, and I only played ranked tournaments.

I've hit Diamond leavue in both closed betas, and the open beta. The alpha didn't have those leagues yet, and was kinda rough in general.

But surprise surprise. I have about 120 hours total in the last year+, and I've never witnessed a cheater.

So take people saying the sky is falling with a grain of salt. I also didn't have issues with CP2077 at launch tho, so maybe I'm just lucky.

Dec 8, 2023, 23:26
Slick

Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 23:26
Dec 8, 2023, 23:26
 Slick

I've put in 6 hours and have yet to see a cheater.

Online FPS games will always have haxors, I'm not debating that. I just scoff at the characterization that they game is "plagued" with them.

Dec 8, 2023, 22:18
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 22:18
Dec 8, 2023, 22:18

Slick wrote on Dec 8, 2023, 19:16:
What the fuck are you talking about? Plagued by cheaters and hacks? It's been out for 10 minutes.

And if anyone gives a shit, this entire game is server-side, even the movement. That gives devs a lot of ways to make cheaters have a bad day.

This is the "Respawn" moment for the ex-DICE devs who are finally out from under EA and can make the games they've always wanted. The Finals plays like a dream. I can't go back to battlefield, the movement, the hitregs, the latency compensation, it's all... yexch. The Finals on the other hand is crispy as a motherfucker.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBe3Vm3B3rc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLGzB8IIXx0

https://www.privatecheatz.com/the-finals-hacks/

https://lavicheats.com/the-finals-hacks-cheats-aimbot-esp/

enjoy ,,,,,

Dec 8, 2023, 19:19
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 19:19
Dec 8, 2023, 19:19

Borked on proton. Just a black screen.
Now we donce.

Dec 8, 2023, 19:16
Slick

Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 19:16
 Slick

Also, I predicted a Dec 10th launch for this game after speaking with one of the co-founders. I was off by 2 days, not bad tho.

Slick

Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 19:16
 Slick

Dec 8, 2023, 17:50
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 17:50
Dec 8, 2023, 17:50

Imagine that, another Twitch Arena shooter plagued by hacks and cheats on day one until they shut the servers down. Who would have thought ...

Dec 8, 2023, 15:33
Kxmode

Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 15:33
Dec 8, 2023, 15:33
 Kxmode

"...and in stonks, Fizzy Squeezy Stocklebocks leaped over Droopy Whoopy Bondfluffs, hitting 300-gigglebits to their 150-snorebucks. Meanwhile, in Whimsyland's market, the pancakes reached parity with pogo sticks."

Dec 8, 2023, 14:45
El Pit

Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 14:45
Dec 8, 2023, 14:45
 El Pit

Anothere Cheater Wars total mod?
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Dec 8, 2023, 13:39
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 13:39
Dec 8, 2023, 13:39

I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Devs already apologizing for closing the gap between classes, and failing to anticipate simple exploits.

Dec 8, 2023, 13:27
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 13:27
Dec 8, 2023, 13:27

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2023, 12:56:
Fortnite meets Unreal Tournament meets Scott Pilgrim?
I give this a year before they pull the plug. But there are a good number of twitch streamers and youtubers that have been paid to promote it.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2023, 13:52.

Dec 8, 2023, 12:56
Re: THE FINALS Launches Dec 8, 2023, 12:56
Dec 8, 2023, 12:56

Fortnite meets Unreal Tournament meets Scott Pilgrim?
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older