Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released

Ubisoft now offers the launch of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora for PC, Luna, Ubisoft +, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S, offering a first-person adventure based on the two previous and who knows how many upcoming Avatar movies. The Windows version is available through the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store. If you are looking for reviews, we posted a big roundup yesterday. Here's a video about the game's story and you can read on for more:
Set in the Western Frontier, a never-before-seen continent, players can explore Pandora firsthand. With brand-new Na’vi clans, flora, and fauna, including a banshee companion to bond with and ride in the open skies, players can interact with the vibrant open world in single-player or online in two-player co-op.In Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora , the human militaristic RDA corporation is back on Pandora and stripping away resources from the land and its inhabitants. Players will play as a Na’vi, born on Pandora but abducted as a child and raised away from Na’vi culture in an RDA training program. With Na’vi roots and a human upbringing, players will find themselves suddenly free only to feel like strangers in their homeland. Players must protect the Western Frontier from the RDA’s return, reconnect with their lost Na’vi heritage, and unite disparate clans for the greater good.

Across the expansive Western Frontier, players will meet unique clans who will teach them what it means to be Na’vi, such as honing their “Na’vi Senses,” mastering their strength to navigate the beautiful and dangerous open world, as well as upgrading their skills to push back the RDA; using traditional Na’vi weapons like bows for precision and spear-thrower for high impact; and forming a lifelong bond with a banshee – who can also be a powerful aerial combat ally. Players can leverage their human training and use weapons like stun grenades and employ multiple combat styles to fend off the RDA.

Players can customize their character with options including different body types and voices. As they journey across the Western Frontier and connect with their Na’vi heritage, players can equip more gear, craft better quality weapons, and upgrade skills to fit their playstyle. Customization also extends to the player’s banshee with unique gear pieces, and more.
View : : :
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released
Dec 9, 2023, 00:05
El Pit

Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 9, 2023, 00:05
Dec 9, 2023, 00:05
 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2023, 21:33:
Slick wrote on Dec 7, 2023, 23:06:
Okay I've seen some more video of it, and yes, specifically some outdoor scenes with dense foliage do look good.

I know I'm a gRaFiX snob, but there's still a lot to be desired. Have you seen what Horizon: Forbidden West looks like? I'd say in overall fidelity that game is much better.

The foliage is good in Avatar, but there are a lot of elements that stand out to me as "last-gen".

I'll refer to the inevitable Digital Foundry video to confirm what I'm seeing, I could go frame by frame here, but I ain't got time for that.

I will say for anyone who wants to live out the Na'vi fantasy, then this game looks like it delivers.
Digital Foundry.
Yes, pure eyecandy. That new version of the Snowdrop engine is capable of doing amazing things.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Dec 8, 2023, 23:52
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 8, 2023, 23:52
Dec 8, 2023, 23:52

the insecure whining is glorious .

Harkening back to the cave girl makeup thread from earlier this week

Dec 8, 2023, 21:33
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 8, 2023, 21:33
Dec 8, 2023, 21:33

Slick wrote on Dec 7, 2023, 23:06:
Okay I've seen some more video of it, and yes, specifically some outdoor scenes with dense foliage do look good.

I know I'm a gRaFiX snob, but there's still a lot to be desired. Have you seen what Horizon: Forbidden West looks like? I'd say in overall fidelity that game is much better.

The foliage is good in Avatar, but there are a lot of elements that stand out to me as "last-gen".

I'll refer to the inevitable Digital Foundry video to confirm what I'm seeing, I could go frame by frame here, but I ain't got time for that.

I will say for anyone who wants to live out the Na'vi fantasy, then this game looks like it delivers.
Digital Foundry.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Dec 8, 2023, 11:41
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 8, 2023, 11:41
Dec 8, 2023, 11:41

I think the visuals look great, but the gameplay is even less than a Far Cry game. It's like they took vanilla Far Cry (base features), added flying mounts, then slapped a new skin on it. I'll pass (even though I'm a fan of the Far Cry series)

Dec 8, 2023, 06:31
El Pit

Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 8, 2023, 06:31
Dec 8, 2023, 06:31
 El Pit

This really gave me the WOW feeling. I will definitely get this later but not for $70. I like the FarCry games a lot so this is right up my alley.
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Dec 7, 2023, 23:06
Slick

Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 23:06
Dec 7, 2023, 23:06
 Slick

Dec 7, 2023, 21:25
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 21:25
Dec 7, 2023, 21:25

Flatline wrote on Dec 7, 2023, 20:44:
Slick wrote on Dec 7, 2023, 16:52:
I skipped through a video of the first hour of gameplay on a 4090, 4k, ultra everything. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

If you like the Ubisoft formula, then it's probably going the be a really fun game for you.

If you got sick of that after FarCry 4 like me, it just looks like more cookie-cutter nonsense, set in a reasonably good-looking world.

I love Massive Entertainment. And honestly, I'm kinda disappointed with the visuals. I think the first Division game looked more impressive, and that was like 8 years ago.

Yeah Far Cry: Pandora wasn't what I though the game would be. For some reason I had this impression that the game was going to be a survival genre game which, honestly, with as detailed and exotic as James Cameron was with the worldbuilding, has some real legs to it.
Are you playing it? According to the reviews, it has a lot of survival aspects to it.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Dec 7, 2023, 21:24
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 21:24
Dec 7, 2023, 21:24

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 7, 2023, 20:06:
Per their 'PC Features Deep Dive' article, the game has hidden graphics options beyond Ultra that can only be enabled via command line parameter:

-unlockmaxsettings

Unlock the additional "Unobtanium" preset that exceeds the "Ultra" preset. Unlocks also the corresponding extended values for some graphics settings used by the "Unobtanium" preset. This preset is extremely difficult to run on currently available hardware and is meant to really stress future hardware to keep the Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora PC Benchmark relevant for years to come.
So Pandora is the new Crysis?

"Can it run Pandora?"

Dec 7, 2023, 20:44
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 20:44
Dec 7, 2023, 20:44

Slick wrote on Dec 7, 2023, 16:52:
I skipped through a video of the first hour of gameplay on a 4090, 4k, ultra everything. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

If you like the Ubisoft formula, then it's probably going the be a really fun game for you.

If you got sick of that after FarCry 4 like me, it just looks like more cookie-cutter nonsense, set in a reasonably good-looking world.

I love Massive Entertainment. And honestly, I'm kinda disappointed with the visuals. I think the first Division game looked more impressive, and that was like 8 years ago.

Yeah Far Cry: Pandora wasn't what I though the game would be. For some reason I had this impression that the game was going to be a survival genre game which, honestly, with as detailed and exotic as James Cameron was with the worldbuilding, has some real legs to it.

Dec 7, 2023, 20:06
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 20:06
Dec 7, 2023, 20:06

Per their 'PC Features Deep Dive' article, the game has hidden graphics options beyond Ultra that can only be enabled via command line parameter:

-unlockmaxsettings

Unlock the additional "Unobtanium" preset that exceeds the "Ultra" preset. Unlocks also the corresponding extended values for some graphics settings used by the "Unobtanium" preset. This preset is extremely difficult to run on currently available hardware and is meant to really stress future hardware to keep the Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora PC Benchmark relevant for years to come.

Dec 7, 2023, 19:06
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 19:06
Dec 7, 2023, 19:06

I'll get it for free with the 7900x3D cpu arriving tomorrow. Will be fun to try the game out.

Dec 7, 2023, 17:43
Kxmode

Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 17:43
Dec 7, 2023, 17:43
 Kxmode

"...and in stonks, Fizzy Squeezy Stocklebocks leaped over Droopy Whoopy Bondfluffs, hitting 300-gigglebits to their 150-snorebucks. Meanwhile, in Whimsyland's market, the pancakes reached parity with pogo sticks."

Dec 7, 2023, 17:30
El Pit

Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 17:30
Dec 7, 2023, 17:30
 El Pit

This is visually simply stunning. Absolutely top notch graphics despite being downgraded from the trailers. Unfortunately, the trailers were - as far too often - a bit too perfect but the game is featuring the best outdoor graphics available right now. Whoever does not see this must urgently see (huh!) his ophthalmologist. Go and watch e.g. the review of the Skill Up team here.
Gameplaywise, it has a LOT of FarCry. A friend said this plays quite a bit like FarCry Primal but with some guns modded into the game.

So, this is graphicswise a reference but when it comes to gameplay, not quite as revolutionary as the looks are.

Dec 7, 2023, 17:27
Jim
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 17:27
Dec 7, 2023, 17:27
Jim

For the haters, you can also buy this on Epic and get 5% credit back, but not to worry, steam has you covered. may be a few years but they probably will eventually get it.

Dec 7, 2023, 17:08
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 17:08
Dec 7, 2023, 17:08

I don't know. A bunch of videos I saw, it looked pretty good. Some reviews are going as far as calling it the best looking game this year. I'm wondering if they tried Cyberpunk with the big RTX update?

Either way, I'd reserve this type of game for a bargain buy. As weird as it sounds, this gives me Far Cry New Dawn vibes. I remember that game looking bonkers and getting mixed reviews on release. I bought it up on sale and had a blast with it. Found it to be probably the most fun I had in awhile with a Far Cry game.

If this one has some Far Cry elements while introducing its own unique traits, it might be enough to hold my attention.

Dec 7, 2023, 16:55
Slick

Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 16:55
Dec 7, 2023, 16:55
 Slick

Here it is for reference.

It looks absolutely nothing like the fidelity of the trailers. It looks pretty last-gen, but I guess the player hasn't gotten to the large open-world section yet.

Still, there are a few outdoor scenes that are meh, and the indoor stuff look visibly less impressive than The Division 1.

Next-gen masterpiece this is not.

Someone prove me wrong.

Dec 7, 2023, 16:52
Slick

Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Released Dec 7, 2023, 16:52
Dec 7, 2023, 16:52
 Slick

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older