27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Game Crossovers
Dec 4, 2023, 05:49
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 4, 2023, 05:49
Dec 4, 2023, 05:49

Bhruic wrote on Dec 3, 2023, 18:36:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 3, 2023, 13:37:
Well lore wise the show doesn't hold up to exact details. Such as the Brotherhood having such a large presence. As of Fallout 2 and New Vegas, the brotherhood was dwindling. Also they were not a force for good, they were techno-fascists that would patrol, not to keep the peace, but to confiscate technology and hoard it for themselves. Unless the NCR has collapsed, and the Brotherhood filled the power vacuum, the forces shown are way over the top.

Keep in mind that the story is based on Bethesda lore, so what happened in Fallout 2/NV aren't going to be as heavily weighted. This is the company that threw Super Mutants into Fallout 76, just because. I suspect this show will take many liberties with the established "lore" for the sake of the story. Which, to my mind, will be perfectly acceptable, as long as the story is actually good.

Aye, Bethesda is pulling a Star Trek Discovery here or at least whoever is in charge of this show. They will just take whatever parts of the canon, add some „creative flair“ then put it into a blender and press the max speed.

If it’s a fun story I’m ok with it. But ignore too many elephants in the room lore wise and you alienate the hardcore audience…. Much like Bethesda does anyhow. I’m starting to really dislike Todd.
Rimmer: “Step up to Red Alert.”
Kryten: “Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.”

Dec 3, 2023, 18:36
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 18:36
Dec 3, 2023, 18:36

ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 3, 2023, 13:37:
Well lore wise the show doesn't hold up to exact details. Such as the Brotherhood having such a large presence. As of Fallout 2 and New Vegas, the brotherhood was dwindling. Also they were not a force for good, they were techno-fascists that would patrol, not to keep the peace, but to confiscate technology and hoard it for themselves. Unless the NCR has collapsed, and the Brotherhood filled the power vacuum, the forces shown are way over the top.

Keep in mind that the story is based on Bethesda lore, so what happened in Fallout 2/NV aren't going to be as heavily weighted. This is the company that threw Super Mutants into Fallout 76, just because. I suspect this show will take many liberties with the established "lore" for the sake of the story. Which, to my mind, will be perfectly acceptable, as long as the story is actually good.

Dec 3, 2023, 13:37
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 13:37
Dec 3, 2023, 13:37

At this time as well, civilization was returning to the wasteland with the NCR handling the policing and containing of threats. The town shown... is a lot like Megaton from Fallout 3. It looks good, looks the part, but how it would fit in the California (south-west US) wasteland that the lore details is not yet certain. Also the vault on display is also weird. I think, the story will play out as the inhabitants became mutated and somehow became aggressive. Thus leading to our new vault dweller having to go to the surface.

The cars are also not fitting anything in the lore, as they are all real-world designs from real companies. Small things like that.

This is if you want to get specific. As a Fallout nut myself and somebody with way... way.. to many hours in New Vegas, what is shown does not add up yet. If you do the Star Trek thing and shut off your established expectancies based on established lore and just go with it for pure entertainment. All this should not be a major concern.

Dec 3, 2023, 11:45
Prez

Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 11:45
Dec 3, 2023, 11:45
 Prez

The Flying Penguin wrote on Dec 3, 2023, 10:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2023, 14:18:
Enh, dunno about that. While they've nailed the Fallout aesthetic, looks like they're pushing the usual left political agenda. Can we not get entertainment anymore that doesn't have an agenda? Sigh. Walton Goggins and Kyle MacLachlan are a definite plus though.

You act like a movie 'with a political agenda' is something new. Never watched Gone With The Wind or Apocalypse Now, I guess?

Both brilliant movies whose message did not overshadow the brilliance of the writing and the acting. This is how you do messages in a movie, whatever your message is.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Dec 3, 2023, 11:35
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 11:35
Dec 3, 2023, 11:35

Verno wrote on Dec 3, 2023, 07:24:
Enh, dunno about that. While they've nailed the Fallout aesthetic, looks like they're pushing the usual left political agenda. Can we not get entertainment anymore that doesn't have an agenda? Sigh. Walton Goggins and Kyle MacLachlan are a definite plus though.

What exact elements in the trailer are "pushing an agenda"? Be specific and detailed.

He's not going to reply and if he does it be full of logical fallacies. He doesn't actually have any real evidence aside from "blowing up the planet is bad". He's the typical hate for hates sake. He doesn't actually know why he should hate this or that half the time, just what some right wing "all left ideas are evil" talking heads told him to think, so here we are.

Dec 3, 2023, 10:14
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 10:14
Dec 3, 2023, 10:14

You act like a movie 'with a political agenda' is something new. Never watched Gone With The Wind or Apocalypse Now, I guess?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Dec 3, 2023, 09:57
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 09:57
Dec 3, 2023, 09:57

So we've got one guy saying the aesthetic looks like the game and implying that's a bad thing (the games are the source material...?) and another saying a two minute trailer is leftist and refusing to elaborate. Cool.

The backstory of Fallout is that the combination of corrupt authoritarianism (in the US and China), unfettered capitalism (particularly the outsized influence of a handful of major corporations, such as defense contractors), and great power conflict (manifesting in arms races, nuclear proliferation, and wars over increasingly scarce resources) led to the end of the world. If that motif upsets you, and/or if that's too LeFtIsT, feel free to take your viewership elsewhere.

Dec 3, 2023, 08:39
Prez

Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 08:39
Dec 3, 2023, 08:39
 Prez

I don't want another show trying to be edgy and overly dramatic, and that trailer has concerning elements, but it wasn't bad (No one knows how to make a good trailer anymore anyway). A Fallout show that invokes the tone of the games would be what I was looking for, but I did like the faithfulness to the uniform, the lone wanderer, the vault, the mutant, etc.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Dec 3, 2023, 08:25
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 08:25
Dec 3, 2023, 08:25

Oh. It's definitely that there's a woman lead. Wow.

Anyway, I watched with low expectations. They had me worried with "from the creators of Westworld," which was a show that grew tedious in tone by lacking moments of levity, but brought me back with "and the studio that gave you two day shipping."

That trailer nailed what a Fallout show should be.

Dec 3, 2023, 07:24
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 07:24
Dec 3, 2023, 07:24

What exact elements in the trailer are "pushing an agenda"? Be specific and detailed.

Dec 3, 2023, 04:42
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 04:42
Dec 3, 2023, 04:42

Not saying it's bad but the Aesthetic literally looks like it's out of the game and I'm 80% sure it is and a Green Screen.
Probably one of the conditions of the Tv Series to use assets from the PC game, they had to say, dodd the diddler is great!

dodd, originally demanded they say it three times in a row, which sets a Portal Marker allowing him access anytime.
The show fought back, and would only say it once, so dodd diddled his doodle, and was done!

It's a true story, though his doodling has divided, a once great nation. Slap Giggle

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2023, 12:24.
Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Dec 3, 2023, 02:23
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 3, 2023, 02:23
Dec 3, 2023, 02:23

pfft.... hahaha. What is this even? What's 'left' about it? Not even kidding, describe in detail, a breakdown of how this show is leftist?

Is it because the protagonist is a female or something? Because that is the only 'possible' leftist thing I seen in the entire Trailer and hate to break it to you, but that's not leftist.

Dec 2, 2023, 23:50
JTW
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 2, 2023, 23:50
Dec 2, 2023, 23:50
JTW

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2023, 18:49:
Yeah, but it wasn't ever pushing an agenda. Bethsoft and/or Amazon would NEVER make anything like FO1 & 2. It's the same shit Amazon did with WoT and all the other crap they make. And there's zero shortage of plays out there that are nothing but pure entertainment, it's always the left that feels everything needs "updating" and retconing as they see fit. Call me particular but I like my entertainment entertaining, not training me on DEI requirements of the far left. Is that okay? Is it alright if others of us think and feel differently, or is that not permitted anymore either? Doubleplus good, eh comrade?

You're attributing a lot to me that I didn't say.

So, here, I'll say some stuff: You're free to think, feel, and argue for whatever point of view you prefer. Absolutely. Just like others are free to disagree. Like this: It's not about your entertainment. Or mine. It's about making the entertainment more meaningful to a wider variety of people, who, up to now, simply weren't invited to participate because they didn't fit the profile.

That can be taken too far. Censoring and hiding the past, for example, instead of learning from it. Or, (since you brought it up) Wheel of Time was a fantastic example of how not to do diversity. They took a setting that was wildly diverse already (RJ wrote the series with strong cultures of every color, strong female characters, polyamory, and even gay and lesbian characters - uh-oh, agenda!) Amazon sabotaged that diversity, replacing it with tokenism.

Dec 2, 2023, 23:00
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 2, 2023, 23:00
Dec 2, 2023, 23:00

It looks pretty good to me when compared to everything else (not saying much)

Dec 2, 2023, 22:41
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 2, 2023, 22:41
Dec 2, 2023, 22:41

Fallout could be good but I'll reserve any kind of hope. I've not been impressed by much of what has been released as of late.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Dec 2, 2023, 21:58
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 2, 2023, 21:58
Dec 2, 2023, 21:58

Does no one want to talk about the Minecraft movie?
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Dec 2, 2023, 21:11
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 2, 2023, 21:11
Dec 2, 2023, 21:11

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 2, 2023, 19:44:
Hardline Mike wrote on Dec 2, 2023, 18:49:
What's the "left agenda" in this? The female lead character? The existence of a Black character? Cuz the trailer had little dialogue and spoiled basically none of the story. It just showed a bunch of the different people, places and things in the Fallout universe.
If you stare at a slice of bread long enough you can clearly see how woke it is and the left's agenda surrounding it. To protect myself I only eat sandwiches wearing a blindfold.

Never buying white (or woke) bread again!

Dec 2, 2023, 19:44
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 2, 2023, 19:44
Dec 2, 2023, 19:44

Hardline Mike wrote on Dec 2, 2023, 18:49:
What's the "left agenda" in this? The female lead character? The existence of a Black character? Cuz the trailer had little dialogue and spoiled basically none of the story. It just showed a bunch of the different people, places and things in the Fallout universe.
If you stare at a slice of bread long enough you can clearly see how woke it is and the left's agenda surrounding it. To protect myself I only eat sandwiches wearing a blindfold.
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Dec 2, 2023, 19:31
Prez

Re: Game Crossovers Dec 2, 2023, 19:31
Dec 2, 2023, 19:31
 Prez

The fact that they were not faithful to the source material in previous shows like Wheel of Time, The Witcher, Lord of the Rings, Halo, etc angered the purists, so that large segment was lost. The double whammy was that the writing (I'm going to keep harping on this) was awful, and the direction they instead took was not even close to as good as the original writing. You can complain about the anti-SJW crowd and other morons all you want; that is not enough to make a show fail, otherwise 'Barbie' would not have made a billion trillion dollars. You can applaud a show for being diverse in its casting, or not being beholden to sticking religiously to the source material all you want. I applaud it myself, as I am tired of the old white boys club too. But they don't get a pass from me for subpar writing, terrible characterization, and stupid dialogue just because they are making advances in other areas. The vast majority of viewers don't care about anything except being entertained by a good story and good acting.

Despite what the very loud mouth breathers proclaim as they type their posts or vid headlines IN ALL CAPS, by and large people just want Fallout to be good, with good dialogue, a good story, and at least some faithfulness to the property you are bringing to the silver screen. Otherwise, what was the point in gaining the license to the property in the first place?
- Mahatma Gandhi

Dec 2, 2023, 18:49
NKD
Re: Game Crossovers Dec 2, 2023, 18:49
Dec 2, 2023, 18:49
NKD

Do you have a single fact to back that up?
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older