Path of Exile Affliction and Path of Exile 2 Mercenary Previews

A Path of Exile 2 Mercenary Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer introduces a new mercenary class that's coming to the action/RPG sequel. This brings a shooter elements to the game, which is a pretty dramatic change. Word is: "The Mercenary is a crossbow-wielding character class in Path of Exile 2. This class has shooter-like gameplay, swapping crossbows and ammo types on the fly to inflict deadly combo attacks on his enemies." In the meantime, Grinding Gear Games announces Affliction, the new expansion coming to the first installment in the series on December 8th. Here's the Affliction Official Trailer and here are some details:
In Path of Exile: Affliction, you'll cleanse the Viridian Wildwood of its Affliction, earn valuable rewards and learn the ancient ways of the Azmeri Wanderers.

Our December expansion introduces the Affliction challenge league, three new Wildwood Ascendancy Classes, the return of the Ultimatum League, over a hundred new Transfigured Gems, and much more!

In the Affliction League, you will encounter Sacred Wisps that beckon you to enter overgrown passageways that lead to the Viridian Wildwood. A vile Affliction has covered this forest with a foreboding darkness. You'll need to uncover the forest's mysteries to put a stop to the source of the Affliction.
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Path of Exile Affliction and Path of Exile 2 Mercenary Previews
Dec 1, 2023, 12:24
Re: Path of Exile Affliction and Path of Exile 2 Mercenary Previews Dec 1, 2023, 12:24
Dec 1, 2023, 12:24

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 1, 2023, 12:04:
Hrm, obviously no official release date yet, but the assumption is sometime in 2025... oh well.
Yeah, while no date has been ever given (at least that I am aware of) it seemingly has gotten pushed back a couple of times now. I was pretty sure we would get it this year. Buzz! Wrong.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Dec 1, 2023, 12:04
Re: Path of Exile Affliction and Path of Exile 2 Mercenary Previews Dec 1, 2023, 12:04
Dec 1, 2023, 12:04

Third person isometric shooter from the Path of Exile guys? Dammit, sold, or should I say, downloaded once available, and they will probably get me for some Storage/Utility purchases.

There was pretty much an 100% chance I was going to try PoE2 anyway. By the time it actually comes out, maybe Diablo 4 will be patched up enough to be decent competition? D4 is an okay time waster at the moment, with missed opportunities in every item drop, it feels like.

Hrm, obviously no official release date yet, but the assumption is sometime in 2025... oh well.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2023, 12:18.

Dec 1, 2023, 05:51
Re: Path of Exile Affliction and Path of Exile 2 Mercenary Previews Dec 1, 2023, 05:51
Dec 1, 2023, 05:51

Oh no, Path of Exile 2 is starting to look like fun. This does not bode well for my arthritis.

Dec 1, 2023, 02:19
Re: Path of Exile Affliction and Path of Exile 2 Mercenary Previews Dec 1, 2023, 02:19
Dec 1, 2023, 02:19

Path of Exile 2 is looking better and better. I'm getting really stoked for that game.....

Nov 30, 2023, 21:23
Re: Path of Exile Affliction and Path of Exile 2 Mercenary Previews Nov 30, 2023, 21:23
Nov 30, 2023, 21:23

WASD, wow!
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older