The Lamplighters League Released

Harebrained Schemes and Paradox Interactive have launched The Lamplighters League, and this turn-based strategy game is now available for Windows on the Epic Games Store and Steam as well as for Xbox Series X|S and Game Pass. There's an article from NVIDIA discussing support for the PC edition, which includes DLSS 2 on GeForce graphics cards. The Release Trailer is here with a look at gameplay. Here's word on how this will take players back to the heyday of serials and pulp novels:
Sneak, steal, and shoot your way through a world of pulp adventure in The Lamplighters League! Globetrot across a variety of exciting locales around the world and outwit your enemies in strategic turn-based combat - and, if you play your cards right, you might just save the world.

Harebrained Schemes, the creators of The Shadowrun Trilogy and BATTLETECH, bring you an all-new world set in an alternate 1930s, where a tyrannical cult called the Banished Court stands on the cusp of world domination. For millennia, all that stood between this sinister cabal and their plans were a band of heroic scholars known as the Lamplighters League.
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: The Lamplighters League Released
Oct 4, 2023, 10:40
Re: The Lamplighters League Released Oct 4, 2023, 10:40
Oct 4, 2023, 10:40

Yeah I grabbed the demo also, but haven't had time.

That's just stupid to time limit it. How does it in any way help you to take down a demo? You want to sell more copies, give people a taste.

I AM interested in it because I like turn based games, but now I'll have to rely on reviews and the brief refund period to try it out.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Oct 4, 2023, 10:33
Re: The Lamplighters League Released Oct 4, 2023, 10:33
Oct 4, 2023, 10:33

Shock wrote on Oct 4, 2023, 10:10:
Titus wrote on Oct 4, 2023, 02:21:

That's a pretty boneheaded move for a new IP of a developer that only sold games based on licenses from just one company before.

The reason HBS has only done stuff with FASA IP is because it's run by the guy who created FASA in the first place.

Figures. It isn't surprising given how they priced Battletech and that it is Paradox published. DLC pricing games all the time. Buy now at a full or reduced price or wait 1-2 years for the inevitable sale. Already seeing it with the Cities Skylines 2 deluxe edition stuff.

I was going to try the demo for this game and downloaded it but apparently it was time limited and they took it down yesterday.

Oct 4, 2023, 10:10
Shock

Re: The Lamplighters League Released Oct 4, 2023, 10:10
Oct 4, 2023, 10:10
 Shock

Titus wrote on Oct 4, 2023, 02:21:

That's a pretty boneheaded move for a new IP of a developer that only sold games based on licenses from just one company before.

The reason HBS has only done stuff with FASA IP is because it's run by the guy who created FASA in the first place.

Oct 4, 2023, 02:21
Re: The Lamplighters League Released Oct 4, 2023, 02:21
Oct 4, 2023, 02:21

Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2023, 20:42:
I saw that they made one of the characters unavailable to anyone who doesn't buy the deluxe edition.

If this'd been something like Crimson Skies and one or two minor planes would have been locked away they might get away with it, but signature planes or God forbid a whole faction ?

Paradox wouldn't be able to treat that like Warhammer which still had thousands of active players worldwide waiting for a decent digital implementation for decades.

Let alone a new IP. Previous ones performed rather spottily already, despite Harebrained Schemes having a good name.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2023, 11:54.

Oct 3, 2023, 22:40
Re: The Lamplighters League Released Oct 3, 2023, 22:40
Oct 3, 2023, 22:40

Yikes that's not very cool. I was kinda interested until hearing this. Battletech was pretty decent. Paradox didn't buy the devs until after Battletech was already released I believe.

Oct 3, 2023, 20:56
Re: The Lamplighters League Released Oct 3, 2023, 20:56
Oct 3, 2023, 20:56

Sadly, its a Paradox published game so DLC is their bread and butter. Need to wait a few months for this for the price to come down and all the characters to be available to the public.

Oct 3, 2023, 20:42
Prez

Re: The Lamplighters League Released Oct 3, 2023, 20:42
Oct 3, 2023, 20:42
 Prez

I almost bought this today. Right before I did, I saw that they made one of the characters unavailable to anyone who doesn't buy the deluxe edition. As cool as this looks, that pissed me off and I didn't. That's not how you do things guys.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older