Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders

An announcement on Steam lays out the journey to launch for Total War: PHARAOH, the next installment in the era-spanning historical combat series. It specifies to the minute that the launch will come on October 11th at 10:00 am EDT. But the extra-eager will have a chance to get their hands sandy with this before then, as pre-purchase customers will get an Early Access weekend from September 29th-October 2nd. Here are details on how that will work:
The Early Access Weekend is an exciting opportunity for you to enjoy a carefully curated presentation of the game that includes two playable factions from two different cultures, a selection of Ancient Legacies, the full campaign map as well as all battle mechanics and most campaign mechanics. The game is playable for up to 60 turns, which can be replayed as often as you like during this time period.

This is the first time we’re offering a pre-order bonus like this and we’re proud to give you the chance to try part of the game a little earlier! We’re currently focusing all available energies on polishing and delivering a smooth and enjoyable launch, so the Early Access Weekend is not a beta test. Of course, if you should happen to encounter a serious bug or issue, please do let us know.
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders
Sep 13, 2023, 05:45
Prez

Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 13, 2023, 05:45
Sep 13, 2023, 05:45
 Prez

Not only is the thought of pre-ordering a Creative Assembly game utterly insane, but considering how they just released a paper-thin add-on for more money than previously, I am not exactly excited.

I love CA games but that is in spite of how broken they are at release. Haven't gotten Warhammer Total War 3 yet because it looks exactly like Warhammer TW 2, which I am still playing.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sep 13, 2023, 00:51
Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 13, 2023, 00:51
Sep 13, 2023, 00:51

I really want Empire II: Total War. I don't think I'm going to get it though, sadly.

Sep 12, 2023, 22:15
Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 12, 2023, 22:15
Sep 12, 2023, 22:15

1badmf wrote on Sep 12, 2023, 20:20:
what they REALLY need to tackle is total war: WWII. the swords and spears stuff is playyyyyed out man.

Speak for yourself, I'm still waiting for Medieval 3...

Sep 12, 2023, 20:20
Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 12, 2023, 20:20
Sep 12, 2023, 20:20

what they REALLY need to tackle is total war: WWII. the swords and spears stuff is playyyyyed out man.

Sep 12, 2023, 17:48
Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 12, 2023, 17:48
Sep 12, 2023, 17:48

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 12, 2023, 14:28:
Wonder if these guys are working on a warhammer 40k total war..

I wish.

If anyone were to do the WH40K large unit battle game it would be CA, but 40K is a huge under taking as it involves a massive timeline with lore, planet size campaigns, etc.
The only thing remotely close in CA's catalogue (imo) is TW: Empire - something that would be considered a tech proof of concept for TW: WH40K.
Maybe they could tackle it by taking a slice of the 40K universe, but who knows - I'm sure CA has definitely talk about it.

If they are working it, that would be huge news to the WH40K community. I'm always hopeful.

Sep 12, 2023, 14:28
Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 12, 2023, 14:28
Sep 12, 2023, 14:28

Wonder if these guys are working on a warhammer 40k total war..

Sep 12, 2023, 13:38
Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 12, 2023, 13:38
Sep 12, 2023, 13:38

While they're not as bad as Paradox, watch this get a fucking DLC for every single Pharaoh in Egyptian history.
Threadcrapper Extraordinaire

Sep 12, 2023, 13:10
Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 12, 2023, 13:10
Sep 12, 2023, 13:10

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2023, 12:50:
pre-ordering? a CA game? AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA ;p

Yeah...no.

That I am currently playing through Rome Remastered and having a blast. Rome and Medieval II were my two favorites of the series so it's nice to be able to replay it without having to resort to a bunch of third party hacks to get Rome playable on a modern system.

Also, I like that neither title has a bunch of horseshit like heroes and other useless crap. I am the God Emperor of my empire and as such have lackeys to perform the perfunctory details. My job is to conquer, expand, and ensure the glory of the empire! Which, in this case, is Egypt that has taken all of north Africa, the fertile crescent, Anatolia up to Byzantium, much of the Iberian peninsula, Corsica, and Sicily. In a reversal of history, Rome is now begging Egypt for clemency. But it shall not have it. Rome must be crushed under Egyptian sandals and Romans must be paraded through the streets of Thebes as slaves.

All hail Burritohotep the Great!
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Sep 12, 2023, 12:50
Re: Total War: PHARAOH Next Month; Early Access Weekend for Preorders Sep 12, 2023, 12:50
Sep 12, 2023, 12:50

pre-ordering? a CA game? AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA ;p
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older