Sam Ryan Departs as EA Reorg Continues

VentureBeat reports more reshuffling of studio leadership at Electronic Arts following the departure of EA Group general manager Samantha Ryan (thanks GamesIndustry.biz). Word is: "Rachel Franklin, another seasoned exec who was in charge of positive play, will now take over part of Ryan’s responsibilities as the group exec in charge of both Maxis, maker of The Sims 4, and Full Circle, the maker of Skate. Franklin will be senior vice president and group general manager of Lifestyle Entertainment." This seems to be a surprise departure, as it was not even six weeks ago that a story about a reoganization at EA stated: "Samantha Ryan will remain focused on leading lifestyle franchises and blockbuster single-player experiences." Now word is she will concentrate on finding a new job. An interesting aspect of the announcement is the news that EA's Positive Play Group is being disbanded:
The Positive Play Group was established to ensure safe, fair and inclusive player communities, and further empower development teams to create inclusive and accessible game experiences through strategic guidance, the inclusive design framework and other tools and resources.

EA said this will continue to be a priority for it, but it will disperse the people in the group to different parts of the business.

Regarding Ryan, EA said she decided she wanted to change things up, including evaluating some new professional projects.
View : : :

Re: Sam Ryan Departs as EA Reorg Continues
Aug 1, 2023, 09:52
Re: Sam Ryan Departs as EA Reorg Continues Aug 1, 2023, 09:52
Aug 1, 2023, 09:52

Blue wrote on Aug 1, 2023, 09:10:
LordSteev wrote on Aug 1, 2023, 06:08:
EA seemed to actually be on a path of (somewhat) healing itself. Hope this doesn't mean they drive the whole single-player revival van straight off a cliff.

I don't know much about the "Positive Play Group", but it sounds like PTA moms sticking their noses into something they don't really understand. I don't know what I'm talking about, but it really has a Bible School ring to me. Not going to miss it.
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/212185/ea_s-positive-play-charter

Help us help you:

• Treat others as they would like to be treated - Don't engage or promote harmful behavior including attacks on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, country of origin, etc. or unwelcome sexual advances and messages.
  • Keep Things Fair - No cheating or giving yourself an unfair advantage
  • Share Clean Content - Create and share stuff that's appropriate
  • Follow Local Laws - Keep it legal in our games and services, just as you would wherever you are IRL

Thanks Blue. Like I said, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Date
Subject
Author
Jul 31, 2023Jul 31 2023
Aug 1, 2023Aug 1 2023
  Re: Sam Ryan Departs as EA Reorg Continues