Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.
- The Bartender Behind the Blue Hawaii (may require registration or subscription).
- How the Corporate Cafeteria Is Changing. Thanks RedEye9.
- Splash Mountain closes as work begins to transform iconic Disney ride.
- Man dies after dog steps on rifle. Always place loaded guns on a safe spot on the floor. Thanks Boing Boing.
- NASA will join a military program to develop nuclear thermal propulsion.
- Unlocking the Secrets of Animal Communication: Dogs Show Things to Humans but Pigs Do Not. Thanks Max.
- You Might Survive a Nuclear Blast—if You Have the Right Shelter (may require registration or subscription). I'm thinking a 1950s refrigerator.
- 'Pure Imagination' - Epic Willy Wonka Bagpipe Cover. Thanks Boing Boing.
- Die Hard - How Alan Rickman Created the Perfect Antagonist. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
- So I Confronted the Scammer Impersonating Me & THIS Happened. Thanks RedEye9.
- Duck Train. Thanks Kxmode.
sauron wrote on Jan 25, 2023, 21:05:
Parker fountain pens, with hobbit-blood ink. The only choice for serious Archvillains*
* (Waterman may also qualify but they're a bit prissy)
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 25, 2023, 22:03:Silly rabbit, the second amendment says nothing about being safe or responsible.
Yet another pointless firearms death. If you're going to have firearms, at least attempt to be safe and responsible.
Kxmode wrote on Jan 25, 2023, 16:08:Pentel RSVP Fine Black has been my go to for pens for over a decade. Available in whatever color you prefer...
I think I'm on a pen binge. I ordered two 12-pack high-quality blue ink pens. Of all the pens I've owned, these are best for short and long-term use. "G-402 pen" if you're interested. ðð
The Flying Penguin wrote on Jan 25, 2023, 18:30:
Dog shoots owner with his own rifle: It's only January, and we have our Darwin award winner!
I like the Zebra pens in general. They make a very skinny one (forget the model) that's great to leave in a checkbook or jam into any tight space.
I gave up on cheap disposable pens 15 years ago and spent $70 on a high end Cross pen. This one (discontinued now, but Cross makes others): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016PNN9S
I bought two, and just order bulk cartridges for them from Amazon.
Once you have used a really good quality pen like this, you'll never go back, although the Zebras come pretty close.
I jealously guard my two pens. No one borrows my pens. I've used one so much the paint is wearing off it. I have big hands, and that fat design just feels wonderful in my hands, and as long as you buy quality cartridge refills, it writes like a dream.
Timmy's in the well. I pushed him.