5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: The horror of playing with inverted controls #shorts - Viva La Dirt League
Jan 25, 2023, 18:38
Re: The horror of playing with inverted controls #shorts - Viva La Dirt League Jan 25, 2023, 18:38
Jan 25, 2023, 18:38

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 25, 2023, 11:37:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 25, 2023, 11:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 25, 2023, 05:42:
OK
But how you justify not going LEFT when you move LEFT
Or you only partially inverting?

Video has nothing to do about left and right. It's about the Y-axis. I don't know anyone who plays X-axis inverted, it would just be crazy.
At the end of the video they show left and right inverted.
They missed a great chance to show forward and back inverted. But not everyone's perfect.

I've ticked the l inverted box before and that was enough to know it wasn't for me.
Talk about non intuitive.

Maybe humor is not your thing.

Humor's certainly my thing. But I've always yawned at the Viva La Dirt League's stuff for some reason.

And the reason you don't like "inverted" is because you're used to "non-inverted".

If you were a virgin for the sticks/mouse control scheme, the most natural way is "inverted" since you already have neuronal pathways ready from almost birth for it by the way you move your head.

Wherehas for "non-inverted" you have to build new pathways from scratch.

No matter what anyone says about it, it is the most intuitive and natural control scheme by far just by virtue of this incontrovertible fact.

Jan 25, 2023, 11:37
Re: The horror of playing with inverted controls #shorts - Viva La Dirt League Jan 25, 2023, 11:37
Jan 25, 2023, 11:37

Simon Says wrote on Jan 25, 2023, 11:23:
OK

Video has nothing to do about left and right. It's about the Y-axis. I don't know anyone who plays X-axis inverted, it would just be crazy.
At the end of the video they show left and right inverted.
They missed a great chance to show forward and back inverted. But not everyone's perfect.

I've ticked the l inverted box before and that was enough to know it wasn't for me.
Talk about non intuitive.

Maybe humor is not your thing.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Jan 25, 2023, 11:23
Re: The horror of playing with inverted controls #shorts - Viva La Dirt League Jan 25, 2023, 11:23
Jan 25, 2023, 11:23

OK

Jan 25, 2023, 05:42
Re: The horror of playing with inverted controls #shorts - Viva La Dirt League Jan 25, 2023, 05:42
Jan 25, 2023, 05:42

Simon Says wrote on Jan 24, 2023, 22:28:
They must mean "NON-inverted control horror".

I've been playing "the right way" since my first FPS game. Non-inverted just doesn't work at all and is very counter-intuitive as far as I'm concerned.

Why do I say "the right way"? Just as the stick dips forward to look down, the head dips forward to look down, and as it dips backwards to look up, the head dips backward to look up.

"Inverted" is as humanly natural as it can be.
OK

The horror of playing with inverted controls #shorts - Viva La Dirt League
Jan 24, 2023, 22:28
The horror of playing with inverted controls #shorts - Viva La Dirt League Jan 24, 2023, 22:28
Jan 24, 2023, 22:28

They must mean "NON-inverted control horror".

I've been playing "the right way" since my first FPS game. Non-inverted just doesn't work at all and is very counter-intuitive as far as I'm concerned.

Why do I say "the right way"? Just as the stick dips forward to look down, the head dips forward to look down, and as it dips backwards to look up, the head dips backward to look up.

"Inverted" is as humanly natural as it can be.
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older