7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Biz Buzz
Jan 24, 2023, 18:40
Re: Biz Buzz Jan 24, 2023, 18:40
Jan 24, 2023, 18:40

roguebanshee wrote on Jan 24, 2023, 11:36:
RogueSix wrote on Jan 24, 2023, 10:07:
It's still unprofessional as fuck. If you have a problem with your departure then you take it up with a lawyer and sue the hell out of your employer. Not so in the day & age of the snowflake, of course. The snowflake gets fired and the first thing they do is rush to social media like Twatter, a gaming website or a YouTuber cryin', moanin' and bitchin' "booohoooo they dun me wroooooonnnggg".
You might want to actually read the thing before rushing to protect Acti/Blizz.

The guy left on his own accord, he wasn't fired or anything. And he left as a protest against corporate policy forcing him to give some of his employees a far lower evaluation than they deserved.

I read the thing and I'm not defending anyone. All I'm saying is if this attention whore thinks he has been wronged then go see a lawyer and sue the ever living fuck out of Actiblizz. That's the professional thing to do. It's how adults used to handle stuff like this before the age of social media.

But, no, seeing a lawyer is boring, of course. It takes time and money and the outcome might not be as desired. Of course, it is easier for Mr. Snowflake to stir up shit via his social media friends.
It's pretty sad that people are seriously regarding social media as a viable alternative venue for legal action these days.

Yup. Skip the legalities. Skip the court. Skip all that boring and time consuming crap. Let the public decide who is right or wrong. Since this goes against an evil corporation, Mr. Snowflake is right by default anyway, of course.

Honestly, if this kind of shit continues, we'll be back to lynch and mob law in no time. Going by recent events in the US, from the Capitol attack to recent shootings, it is only a matter of time until some snowflake with a gun will show up on a top executive floor to take the "law" into their own hands.

Jan 24, 2023, 11:36
Re: Biz Buzz Jan 24, 2023, 11:36
Jan 24, 2023, 11:36

RogueSix wrote on Jan 24, 2023, 10:07:
It's still unprofessional as fuck. If you have a problem with your departure then you take it up with a lawyer and sue the hell out of your employer. Not so in the day & age of the snowflake, of course. The snowflake gets fired and the first thing they do is rush to social media like Twatter, a gaming website or a YouTuber cryin', moanin' and bitchin' "booohoooo they dun me wroooooonnnggg".
You might want to actually read the thing before rushing to protect Acti/Blizz.

The guy left on his own accord, he wasn't fired or anything. And he left as a protest against corporate policy forcing him to give some of his employees a far lower evaluation than they deserved.

Jan 24, 2023, 10:07
Re: Biz Buzz Jan 24, 2023, 10:07
Jan 24, 2023, 10:07

Jan 24, 2023, 09:53
Re: Biz Buzz Jan 24, 2023, 09:53
Jan 24, 2023, 09:53

FrostyRei wrote on Jan 23, 2023, 23:48:
Why are people publicly calling out private business practices?

Because those people aren't corporate bootlickers and value their ethics more than "looking unprofessional". In my industry, I would damn well want to know if ConglomoCorp has a history of shitty internal security practices and management that would lead to an inevitable breach, for example. Or that they treat their employees like dogshit so I would make sure to steer people away their employment.

In this day and age, it is far more professional to protect and inform your fellow workers than it is to carry water for a corp that would show you the door in a heartbeat if it meant a fractional increase in profits.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

Jan 24, 2023, 08:20
Re: Biz Buzz Jan 24, 2023, 08:20
Jan 24, 2023, 08:20

Why are people publicly calling out private business practices? Why not move on to the next company after raising concerns internally? I’ve been working over 30 years in multiple companies and have never publicly announced the (multiple) issues faced in many of them, even immoral or unethical practices: those are issues that should be raised with authorities concerned, not the general public: that comes across as unprofessional, calling attention on yourself.
Raising concerns, internally, to fucking Robert COdICK in person? The guy who threatened to murder secretary at 3am in the night once?
Yeah, that sounds like the kind of guy you bring issues to internally doesn't it.

Jan 24, 2023, 02:27
Re: Biz Buzz Jan 24, 2023, 02:27
Jan 24, 2023, 02:27

Why are people publicly calling out private business practices?
To inform any potential future employee about the conditions at that business. Transparency is a key component in improving those conditions.

Jan 23, 2023, 23:48
Re: Biz Buzz Jan 23, 2023, 23:48
Jan 23, 2023, 23:48

Why are people publicly calling out private business practices? Why not move on to the next company after raising concerns internally? I’ve been working over 30 years in multiple companies and have never publicly announced the (multiple) issues faced in many of them, even immoral or unethical practices: those are issues that should be raised with authorities concerned, not the general public: that comes across as unprofessional, calling attention on yourself.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older