Dead Island 2 Details

A video presentation today unveiled new details about Dead Island 2, the upcoming action/RPG sequel that's been in development since Kim and Ye's wedding. You can watch a recap on Twitch, and in a couple of days it will also be posted on Prime Video. The festivities include the release of Another Day in HELL.A, a Dead Island 2 live-action "showcase" along with a Welcome to HELL-A trailer with a look at gameplay. There's also news of a preorder incentive, an Alexa gimmick, and a special edition described as highly collectible, a significant upgrade over run-of-the-mill collectible. Here's a rundown on the event:
Today's showcase featured a live-action pulp-adventure starring three fictional characters set in a similar universe to Dead Island 2. With the military long gone, we follow the fearless survivors as they search for a safe haven from the virus outbreak and zombie hordes. As they roam the supposedly abandoned mansion of a local video game and movie producer in Los Angeles’ Hollywood Hills, they’ll soon discover that nowhere is safe.

The new Dead Island 2 Welcome To HELL-A Trailer also premiered – narrated by Jacob and Amy, two of the game’s slayers, as they visit HELL-A. Witness Dead Island 2's unique gore tech, upgradable weapon and combat system, and, of course, its gruesome zombies. Join the slayers as they take you on a tour around the stylish, sunbaked zombie-smashing playground of HELL-A.

Another surprise inside the showcase was a sneak peek into the Alexa Game Control feature, which allows players to quickly perform in-game actions using their voice. This feature will be launching in Dead Island 2 for Xbox and PC, for English in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

Currently available to pre-order, the highly collectible Dead Island 2: HELL-A Edition is full of unique items from the game world to further the immersion of every Dead Island fan.

Players who pre-order any edition of Dead Island 2 will receive the "Memories Of Banoi Pack," featuring two unique weapons that celebrate the original Dead Island, along with a special skill card.

Last but not least, a stunning, hand-painted resin collector figurine of Amy, posed chilling in the iconic Burger 66 diner after a zombie slaying session. This standalone premium figurine is available to purchase exclusively from Deep Silver at www.DeadIsland.com.
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Dead Island 2 Details
Dec 7, 2022, 16:08
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 7, 2022, 16:08
Dec 7, 2022, 16:08

WannaLogAlready wrote on Dec 7, 2022, 14:24:
Love Dead Island 1 the most.
Did away with weapon breaking, upped the jump height (beach parasol) and velocity, added firearms.
So obtained a functional parkour -the Slums where magnificient!-, *when the game came out* and Dying Light wasn't even an idea.

Also loved Rip Tide, Escape from Dead Island (by Fatshark), Dying Light 1 +The Following and D.L. 2.

Some gamers seem, please pardon me, amateurish and maybe mod impaired, so suffering the constraints of their games and shelving them
That's a real pity.

As I said, I do hope to someday go back and mod it, but if a game needs mods to be fun, it's a pretty crappy game in the first place.

Dec 7, 2022, 14:24
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 7, 2022, 14:24
Dec 7, 2022, 14:24

Love Dead Island 1 the most.
Did away with weapon breaking, upped the jump height (beach parasol) and velocity, added firearms.
So obtained a functional parkour -the Slums where magnificient!-, *when the game came out* and Dying Light wasn't even an idea.

Also loved Rip Tide, Escape from Dead Island (by Fatshark), Dying Light 1 +The Following and D.L. 2.

Some gamers seem, please pardon me, amateurish and maybe mod impaired, so suffering the constraints of their games and shelving them
That's a real pity.

Dec 7, 2022, 12:40
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 7, 2022, 12:40
Dec 7, 2022, 12:40

Beamer wrote on Dec 7, 2022, 11:06:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 7, 2022, 01:10:
I thought Dead Island was really bad. From mechanics to just about everything. Different strokes, different folks, but I am surprised that there is an audience for this franchise. Multiplayer Zombies is a pretty crowded genre with some outstanding entries.

I'm with you. I want to go back and try it with mods, but it was so hoky in a way that felt more amateurish than intentional to me, but more than that, having my weapons break every 30 seconds ruined it for me. I hate games that leave me constantly scrambling for weapons and running away from even basic enemies because I don't currently have anything in my inventory to combat them. I only put a short time into the game, but when I was running through a place full of zombies with nothing to fight them because my shovel broke... yeah. Not my gaming style.

I originally recall obtaining the game by improper means when I was young and broke. I thought it sucked. Like I didn't even get out of the starting area. I thought it was so stupid when I obtain a weapon and it barely did any damage and things felt really static in the world. Uninstalled immediately.

Fast forward a few years later, Steam had the definitive edition on sale and I thought, why not give it another shot? Graphics were updated, I did like my zombie games at that time and I was down for island vibes. So I I think I paid 10 bucks and tried again. I made the effort to get out of the starting area and once you begin to level up your character, things really became addictive. I also found it addictive to do the push and swipe with the melee combat. The whole island had this quiet horror vibe which I really dug. In the end, I put a ton of hours, and even beat the standalone Riptide expansion.

Looking forward to this.

Dec 7, 2022, 11:06
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 7, 2022, 11:06
Dec 7, 2022, 11:06

Jivaro wrote on Dec 7, 2022, 01:10:
I thought Dead Island was really bad. From mechanics to just about everything. Different strokes, different folks, but I am surprised that there is an audience for this franchise. Multiplayer Zombies is a pretty crowded genre with some outstanding entries.

I'm with you. I want to go back and try it with mods, but it was so hoky in a way that felt more amateurish than intentional to me, but more than that, having my weapons break every 30 seconds ruined it for me. I hate games that leave me constantly scrambling for weapons and running away from even basic enemies because I don't currently have anything in my inventory to combat them. I only put a short time into the game, but when I was running through a place full of zombies with nothing to fight them because my shovel broke... yeah. Not my gaming style.

Dec 7, 2022, 10:25
El Pit

Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 7, 2022, 10:25
Dec 7, 2022, 10:25
 El Pit

Dead Island 1 blew me away, then Dying Light came and was even better. I am looking forward to Dead Island 2 and hope it improves on both franchises.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2022, 11:07.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Dec 7, 2022, 08:20
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 7, 2022, 08:20
Dec 7, 2022, 08:20

I really enjoyed Dead Island. Had a more campy feel to it, and creating weapons was a lot of fun.

Dec 7, 2022, 07:44
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 7, 2022, 07:44
Dec 7, 2022, 07:44

At least for me, it's the RPGish nature, the Questing and Coop of the Dead Island, Dying Light games.
While the Constantly Respawning Waves, are the boring games, so I never liked or played L4D style games.
Dead Island's story was very cheesy but fun for the most part. Not to mention it just came out of nowhere.
After years of stagnate games after m$ bribed PC developers away for console crapware.
It was hard to believe Dying Light's story even got to first base and I've heard DL2 isn't so good either.
But honestly, it's the drm keeping me from ever playing DL2, at least atm.
Scorpio Slasher: What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: Bullies. Tiny dick egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you. I f*cking hate people like you!

Dec 7, 2022, 01:10
Jivaro

Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 7, 2022, 01:10
Dec 7, 2022, 01:10
 Jivaro

Dec 6, 2022, 22:01
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 6, 2022, 22:01
Dec 6, 2022, 22:01

Bill Borre wrote on Dec 6, 2022, 19:59:
So this is basically Dying Light minus parkour?

It looked like it has some kind of Parkour. The guy on the roof tops running in that one scene. But for me, unfortunately, I will l not support Epic and their BS exclusivity crap.
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Dec 6, 2022, 21:26
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 6, 2022, 21:26
Dec 6, 2022, 21:26

This is like Dying Light without the light and Dead Island without the island.
Dead Dying Douche Headbang Zombie

Honestly, if it's Coop and no denuvo, I'll probably get it at release, unless it's broke as crap.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2022, 21:57.
Scorpio Slasher: What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: Bullies. Tiny dick egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you. I f*cking hate people like you!

Dec 6, 2022, 21:00
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 6, 2022, 21:00
Dec 6, 2022, 21:00

Bill Borre wrote on Dec 6, 2022, 19:59:

It's basically Dead Island minus the Dying Light.

I enjoyed Dead Island way more than Dying Light. At least part 1 vs part 1. Didn't trying Dying Light 2 and didn't really have any interest in it. I preferred the island vibes. This one however says LA which makes me wonder... Yet it still looks good. Just hoping for a good, faithful sequel to Dead Island 1.

Dec 6, 2022, 19:59
Re: Dead Island 2 Details Dec 6, 2022, 19:59
Dec 6, 2022, 19:59

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older