Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released

The dark tide has rolled in, as Fatshark has officially launched Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, a single-player and co-op first-person shooter set in the war torn Warhammer 40K universe. The game is available for Windows on Steam and the Microsoft Store as well as through PC Game Pass and GeForce NOW. Here's the Launch Trailer showing off gameplay and cinematics. For those who played the beta, the post announcing the launch includes patch notes from the previous version. Here's word on how this pushes you to accept your role as a reject:
Take back the city of Tertium from hordes of bloodthirsty foes in this intense and brutal action shooter. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is the new co-op focused experience from the award-winning team behind the Vermintide series.

In the depths of the hive, the seeds of corruption threaten to turn into an overwhelming tide of darkness. A mysterious and sinister new force is seeking to take control of the entire city. It is up to you and your allies in the Inquisition to root out the enemy before the city succumbs to Chaos.

As Tertium falls, Rejects Will Rise.
View : : :
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released
Dec 2, 2022, 13:26
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 2, 2022, 13:26
Dec 2, 2022, 13:26

Quinn wrote on Dec 2, 2022, 09:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2022, 04:18:
I tried it on Gamepass.. and I am baffled.. this is whats gotten everyone hyped? I had more issues in the 4 hours we tried than I ever had in Vermintide over 100 hours.
Issues like - Shooting feels bad
Match-making doesn't stop even if you make your own game with a locked team of 2 (with 2 bots) it will add randoms randomly.
Match making LOVES spawning you into active missions, in the middle of fights with bosses.
It runs OK on my 1070 - hah - FSR 2 be thanked
No way to private match
No way to bot match only to learn maps (true WTF??)

So the reviews were lying, bot matches aren't possible. Even if you manage to start one you have RANDOM DUDES in your HUB who then join the active game (I assume they get a prompt) and only way to get rid of them is via votes (great fun and anti-social behavior) or not even bothering.
I am baffled. This is a release version? Wow.

That's a WHOLE LOT OF RANT for "there's no private matches". True, no private matches or private lobby.

I don't think shooting feels bad at all. Have you been trying to shoot with a Reaper pinning you down? What weapon did you try? I'm an absolute deadshot with my Sharpshooter.

Yah no gun felt proper like in Death Wing the flamer or Spare Marines the heavy bolter... I want my whump whump whump sound and when I tried the grenades I nearly fell off my chair from laughing from that piddly impact. Maybe I just got spoiled from better 40k games - as in, with better weapon effects and sounds.

And on gamepass no private match making is downright dealbreaker.

Dec 2, 2022, 11:32
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 2, 2022, 11:32
Dec 2, 2022, 11:32

Quinn wrote on Dec 2, 2022, 04:06:
Razumen wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 18:50:
Quinn wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 18:11:
Razumen wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 08:34:
Can you read? I already listed them.

So no private lobbies makes this not full release worthy but EA? I fail to see anything else you "listed", except for "bugs" and "missing features".

No private lobbies, no crafting (you conveniently ignored that), no bot modification, no selection of mission difficulty, and way more. And there are load of bugs, regardless of whether you think putting it in quotes makes them magically not real, including ones that would just outright crash your game. If it was only bugs, it would be beta quality, but it's not.

I've played VT 1 & 2 and as any longterm player of their games can tell you, all of their games have released in very rough shape, Darktide is no exception to this.

And why would I buy the game when I can read all the reviews of people that have? You seem like the type of person that would just turn around and say "Well you should've read the reviews, it's your fault!" If I actually had.

Conveniently left out? Here's what I wrote:

The only thing that I find weird is that most crafting features are "coming soon". This is a legit complaint, but doesn't at all warrant the "this is Early Access!" hyperbole. EA my ass.

All other complaints -- except for stability issues some encounter -- are from people who have level 30 characters and start to see the algorithm/numbers behind the gameplay.

But apparently you haven't even played the game yourself yet have a very strong opinion about it. Welp, I've got news to you: the internet is full of fucking morons and many of them are reviewers. And to call this game nothing more than in an EA state, is bullshit to the highest degree as you'd know had you touched the game yourself.

If multiple features that should be in the final release aren't, that warrants it being EA. I'm not sure how hard this is for you to understand. They've even already added a shitty cash shop with premium currency that you have to buy in awkward proportioned bundles that force you to buy either less or more currency than items you want. So, you can see where the developers priority are right now.

All other complaints aren't just from high level players, this is completely and objectively false.

I'm not talking about reviewers, I'm talking about people that own and play the game, and guess what, those that have qualms with the game FAR outnumber you. So, no, it's not hyperbole at all - your constant excuses, however are BS to "the highest degree". (PS: making your text red doesn't lend your comments any more weight you know.🤣)

Dec 2, 2022, 09:52
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 2, 2022, 09:52
Dec 2, 2022, 09:52

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2022, 04:18:
I tried it on Gamepass.. and I am baffled.. this is whats gotten everyone hyped? I had more issues in the 4 hours we tried than I ever had in Vermintide over 100 hours.
Match-making doesn't stop even if you make your own game with a locked team of 2 (with 2 bots) it will add randoms randomly.
Match making LOVES spawning you into active missions, in the middle of fights with bosses.
No way to private match

So the reviews were lying, bot matches aren't possible. Even if you manage to start one you have RANDOM DUDES in your HUB who then join the active game (I assume they get a prompt) and only way to get rid of them is via votes (great fun and anti-social behavior) or not even bothering.

That's a WHOLE LOT OF RANT for "there's no private matches". True, no private matches or private lobby.

I don't think shooting feels bad at all. Have you been trying to shoot with a Reaper pinning you down? What weapon did you try? I'm an absolute deadshot with my Sharpshooter.
Currently playing: Darktide

Dec 2, 2022, 04:18
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 2, 2022, 04:18
Dec 2, 2022, 04:18

No way to private match

Dec 2, 2022, 04:06
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 2, 2022, 04:06
Dec 2, 2022, 04:06

Razumen wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 18:50:

So no private lobbies makes this not full release worthy but EA? I fail to see anything else you "listed", except for "bugs" and "missing features".

No private lobbies, no crafting (you conveniently ignored that), no bot modification, no selection of mission difficulty, and way more. And there are load of bugs, regardless of whether you think putting it in quotes makes them magically not real, including ones that would just outright crash your game. If it was only bugs, it would be beta quality, but it's not.

I've played VT 1 & 2 and as any longterm player of their games can tell you, all of their games have released in very rough shape, Darktide is no exception to this.

And why would I buy the game when I can read all the reviews of people that have? You seem like the type of person that would just turn around and say "Well you should've read the reviews, it's your fault!" If I actually had.

Conveniently left out? Here's what I wrote:

The only thing that I find weird is that most crafting features are "coming soon". This is a legit complaint, but doesn't at all warrant the "this is Early Access!" hyperbole. EA my ass.

All other complaints -- except for stability issues some encounter -- are from people who have level 30 characters and start to see the algorithm/numbers behind the gameplay.

But apparently you haven't even played the game yourself yet have a very strong opinion about it. Welp, I've got news to you: the internet is full of fucking morons and many of them are reviewers. And to call this game nothing more than in an EA state, is bullshit to the highest degree as you'd know had you touched the game yourself.

Dec 1, 2022, 19:51
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 19:51
Dec 1, 2022, 19:51

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 13:48:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 11:34:
So is this game in the general sense like Vermintide 2 with constantly respawing waves of enemies?

It's like L4D only without the Versus mode, and with character progression. It's pretty great so far, but there are issues, the most notable of which is the lack of mission variety after a while. I'm enjoying it immensely but I'm a huge WH40K fan, so there is that. Still I'd say it's the best WH40K FPS ever made, warts and all, and it's only going to get better.
That's cool, the devs are definitely talented but they were very manipulative in Vermintide 2.
Intentionally breaking the Team Bot AI, where they tried to fire a Special but the enemy died before they fired.
They just get stuck, and nearly always causes a loss but they haven't fixed it for 4 years it's been reported.
That happens not only in Single but online if you lose a player, and spawn a Bot to replace.
There maybe some people who can cake walk Legendary with 1 player down, but it ain't me. Hahaha_no Slap
Scorpio Slasher: What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: Bullies. Tiny dick egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you. I f*cking hate people like you!

Dec 1, 2022, 18:50
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 18:50
Dec 1, 2022, 18:50

Dec 1, 2022, 18:34
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 18:34
Dec 1, 2022, 18:34

I don't think it's hard to see his opinion based on that. You don't have to agree, but don't just ignore what he said.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Dec 1, 2022, 18:11
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 18:11
Dec 1, 2022, 18:11

Dec 1, 2022, 13:48
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 13:48
Dec 1, 2022, 13:48

Acleacius wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 11:34:
So is this game in the general sense like Vermintide 2 with constantly respawing waves of enemies?

It's like L4D only without the Versus mode, and with character progression. It's pretty great so far, but there are issues, the most notable of which is the lack of mission variety after a while. I'm enjoying it immensely but I'm a huge WH40K fan, so there is that. Still I'd say it's the best WH40K FPS ever made, warts and all, and it's only going to get better.

Dec 1, 2022, 12:46
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 12:46
Dec 1, 2022, 12:46

Quinn wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 07:14:
Razumen wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 04:45:
Quinn wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 03:43:
To say this game is in alpha state or "early access" is just such incredible nonsense. Just stop with the hyperbole already. What, other than some crafting options and private lobbies, is missing that warrants the EA comment?

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 02:47:
Midnight wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 00:00:
No private lobbies, no solo play with bots. Hard pass for now.

You can easily create a game with 3 other friends. ESC go to options and Invite friends to strike team. Sure you can't start a game with just a single friend, or rather you can but the other two slots will be filled by random PUBs or bots.

Also I've managed to fix my input lag issues. I'm pretty happy.

Nice! How did you fix it??

Yes, when you purposely ignore everything that's missing and all the other bugs and issues, I can see how one could blindly insist that the game isn't worthy of Early Access status. Lol

If the game was actually in beta, it would be feature complete, but that inconvenient little fact would make it harder for companies to convince us to buy their rushed out goods, so the meaning used amongst the general populace has been diluted to meaninglessness.

You played it? Tell me what makes this game EA. Don't name some bugs that many released games have that get patched out. You have all the work ahead of you.

Meanwhile, I have about 90 hours into Darktide.

Man, companies must REALLY love apologists for their incomplete games. LMAO

Yeah sure. That your attempt to deflect? Still waiting for your list. Have you even played the game yourself, or does providing me with an actual answer mean you have to google the comment of a random neckbeard bitching about everything?

Dec 1, 2022, 11:34
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 11:34
Dec 1, 2022, 11:34

Scorpio Slasher: What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: Bullies. Tiny dick egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you. I f*cking hate people like you!

Dec 1, 2022, 10:41
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 10:41
Dec 1, 2022, 10:41

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 30, 2022, 19:42:
Not really my type of game these days, especially right now while I'm wearing a splint on my left hand. But it actually looks like it could be interesting. Maybe I'll give it a spin sometime down the road...

It's basically the same formula used in Warhammer: Vermintide 2. But it seems that Vermintide 2 is the better game. I'd recommend you play that (and you can get it pretty cheap) before playing this one to see if you like it.

Dec 1, 2022, 08:34
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 08:34
Dec 1, 2022, 08:34

Quinn wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 07:14:
To say this game is in alpha state or "early access" is just such incredible nonsense. Just stop with the hyperbole already. What, other than some crafting options and private lobbies, is missing that warrants the EA comment?

You can easily create a game with 3 other friends. ESC go to options and Invite friends to strike team. Sure you can't start a game with just a single friend, or rather you can but the other two slots will be filled by random PUBs or bots.

Yes, when you purposely ignore everything that's missing and all the other bugs and issues, I can see how one could blindly insist that the game isn't worthy of Early Access status. Lol

If the game was actually in beta, it would be feature complete, but that inconvenient little fact would make it harder for companies to convince us to buy their rushed out goods, so the meaning used amongst the general populace has been diluted to meaninglessness.

You played it? Tell me what makes this game EA. Don't name some bugs that many released games have that get patched out. You have all the work ahead of you.

Man, companies must REALLY love apologists for their incomplete games. LMAO

Dec 1, 2022, 08:23
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 08:23
Dec 1, 2022, 08:23

That that's the list that video made, is a sign that this game is very good and in a very "completed" state (if a Fatshark game can ever be called that, in this case much to their credit). The only thing that I find weird is that most crafting features are "coming soon". This is a legit complaint, but doesn't at all warrant the "this is Early Access!" hyperbole. EA my ass.

All other complaints -- except for stability issues some encounter -- are from people who have level 30 characters and start to see the algorithm/numbers behind the gameplay. In other words, the complaints are about balancing issues, mostly, and almost all are very subjective with only a few complaints that have a consensus among said lvl 30 community. Again, these are the complaints of fans, having already put tens of hours in the POB!

Dec 1, 2022, 07:56
Jim
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 07:56
Dec 1, 2022, 07:56
Jim

A video came out listing the current community complaints. First has to do with currency purchasing vs bundles. You can only purchase too little or too much compared to the cost of a bundle, which is an annoyance. But many other games do this, so not surprising. Secondly is timers on featured items. Unknown if that means those things are for limited release, which can be seen as being predatory.
Personally I never bother with cosmetics, only exception being warframe. Since this allows them to continue creating content, then more power to them.
The third issue has to do with crafting. This is something that will probably change the game a lot in the higher difficulties, so some people don't like that the cosmetic shop was done first while core features are missing. Although to be fair, probably different teams working on each, and skins... don't need balancing.

Dec 1, 2022, 07:17
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 07:17
Dec 1, 2022, 07:17

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 04:15:
Looks like two settings did it for me, changing VSYNC to adaptive in the Nvidia settings (off in-game) and turning off the dynamic super resolution setting. I now have RTX on medium, DLSS on, but without the extra fake frames in “Performance mode” of the super resolution mode the input lag seems mostly gone. This setting is actually counter intuitive, if you push it to performance or ultra performance, it gives better frames than quality but it introduces input lag. With it turned off, you get more performance and no input lag.

Game looks better too, much crisper.

I've also turned off the really dumb lens flare, motion blur, etc. settings that do squat except make your picture a muddy mess, but this has no effect on input lag. Still worth mentioning and for the life of me I can't figure out why developers leave these things on by default.

Sorry for giving you extra work posting it here. I just read your comment on the Fatshark forum! Grats, nice you got it fixed.

Personally I'm kind of a sucker for lens flares and other cheap visual tricks. My taste sucks, I guess That said, I'll give disabling them a shot. Maybe I'll like it better, too.

Dec 1, 2022, 07:14
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 07:14
Dec 1, 2022, 07:14

Dec 1, 2022, 06:52
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 06:52
Dec 1, 2022, 06:52

... no solo play with bots..
Ugh. Yeah, not good.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Dec 1, 2022, 04:45
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Released Dec 1, 2022, 04:45
Dec 1, 2022, 04:45

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2022, 06:33.
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older