Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week

Ubisoft announces December 6th as the launch date for the Lost Between Worlds expansion for Far Cry 6 on all platforms. In the meantime, a free trial of the first-person shooter sequel is now underway. PC users can check out the Windows edition through the Ubisoft Store or the Epic Games Store. Lastly, the new update is now live in the game, adding the promised New Game+ and more. Word is: "Title Update 6 is now available, and players can return to Yara and relive their favorite missions stronger than ever with the highly-anticipated addition of New Game+ mode, allowing them to bring their endgame gear and weapons back to the start of their next playthrough. Title Update 6 also introduces a Completionist Aid feature, providing players with guided assistance in uncovering all of Yara’s hidden secrets." A new trailer highlights the update and the free trial. Here's more:
In Far Cry 6: Lost Between Worlds, players will begin a thrilling new chapter of Dani Rojas’ story, set in a fractured version of Yara. Following their exploration of a mysterious meteorite impact site, Dani will discover themselves in a twisted space between worlds accompanied by a noncorporeal lifeform named Fai. Players will need to repair Fai’s broken spacecraft by collecting five lost shards, each increasing Dani’s overall stats for survivability, bringing them one step closer to escape.

To recover the missing shards, players will need to rely on their guerrilla skills to navigate through 15 challenging and intense trials called Rifts, where they must defeat Shardfaces, humanoid and animal crystalline enemies, lurking around every corner. In each distinctive Rift, such as a shattered fortress suspended in the sky and an underwater Esperanza full of deadly traps, players will encounter different dangers and otherworldly obstacles. Players can choose how they approach each Rift and will uncover powerful weapons and tools along the way, and collect energy fragments scattered throughout the area, allowing them to revive and retry a Rift, if necessary. With multiple branching paths, platforming exploration, and intense moment-to-moment action, players will have a unique experience with each run as they master this twisted world. Upon mission completion, players will receive Fai’s powerful gear and will be able to take it back to Yara for an ethereal edge in the ongoing fight against the regime.
View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week
Dec 1, 2022, 17:44
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Dec 1, 2022, 17:44
Dec 1, 2022, 17:44

Osc8r wrote on Dec 1, 2022, 16:08:
How long is the trial for? A weekend is about all you'd need for this one...
You're basically doing the same thing you've done in the previous FC games, just with the difficulty turned down to 0.
First two chapters.
Install size 26gb.
The built-in benchmark on Ultra never dipped below 60fps, 1080, mobile 3060.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Dec 1, 2022, 16:08
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Dec 1, 2022, 16:08
Dec 1, 2022, 16:08

How long is the trial for? A weekend is about all you'd need for this one...

You're basically doing the same thing you've done in the previous FC games, just with the difficulty turned down to 0.

/yawn.

Dec 1, 2022, 14:17
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Dec 1, 2022, 14:17
Dec 1, 2022, 14:17

RogueSix wrote on Nov 30, 2022, 18:27:
OK, I have not played FC4 and Primal yet but FC5 and FC6 have awesome worlds with definite landmarks if you keep your eyes open. You said in another thread you mostly play on the Steam Deck. That is the only explanation I can think of to reach this conclusion. You must have played the games on a tiny screen where you could barely see more than your character.

We can definitely argue about the repetitive structure of the Far Cry games but the worlds are pieces of art. Montana (as well as its nuked version in New Dawn) and Yara were done extremely well. There was a lot of variety in the architecture and locations if you played the games with open eyes. Both games offered plenty of ways to take to the skies via helicopter, airplane, parachute or wingsuit so you could always get the "big picture".

Nope, played FC5 on my PC. And, it was awful. The entire landscape feels so same-same. The worst is that your vehicles are really limited to the street. There's little to explore off the street, and therefore next to no reward for doing so. You exit your vehicle and go slowly for no reason. Nothing to discover that isn't on your minimap. Nothing to wander into. You really spend the whole time going from minimap target to minimap target, following GPS signals, because they just do not encourage exploration.

Contrast that with RDR2, which had a million things to discover, and you did so on a horse that wasn't limited to streets. Wandering around and seeing the sights was half the fun. You'd find a haunted house, or a burned down church, or a place where mad scientists did experiments with animals. There was so much to discover that wasn't on your map. On top of that, whereas FC5 was just the same terrain the whole way through (regionally accurate, sure, but boring), RDR2 took you from swamp to lush pine forest to eastern forest to plains to desert. Less accurate, more memorable.

FC5 was just a dead world to me, populated by icons on a map, that discouraged exploration, and overall was such a terrible game in a series that was once a blast (I adored FC3 and FC4.)

Nov 30, 2022, 18:27
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Nov 30, 2022, 18:27
Nov 30, 2022, 18:27

Beamer wrote on Nov 30, 2022, 12:50:
Most open worlds are awful and just waste your time. Not all. Bethesda does them well.

Visually and world design, yes. Gameplay? Fuck, no.

Rockstar does them well, particularly RDR.

Granted, I have not played RDR but only RDR 2 but once again I'd have to say: Visually and world design (realism, live, breathing world etc.): Yup. Gameplay: Fuck, no!!! (with lots of exclamation marks). It was a mostly disjointed boring slog through RDR 2 with stupid, boring random "missions" along the way.

TW3 may not have been a true open world but it was mostly open world and was done well.

Yes, and finally a game that did lots of things really well, visuals + world design and the gameplay + narrative stuff.

I don't necessarily think that the Arkham games got better when they got less linear, though.

I could not disagree more and my experience was the polar opposite. I played through the series back to back when they were complete GOTYs and it was really great from the start (though it took me a bit to get into Asylum due to its consolitis) but then it got even better and better and better from game to game. What a ride...
It's one of my, if not THE, most favorite series. It was a perfect crescendo as far as the quality of the gameplay and the evolution of the world and the systems was concerned. It simply got better from game to game and the DLCs were all awesome, too. Arkham Knight was fucking epic. A masterpiece in terms of immersion, story-telling and fun, diverse open world gameplay.

The FC games have gotten awful because their open worlds are absolute design disasters with no discernible landmarks and no reason to leave the road - automobile based open roads seem to work best with cities, not jungles.

???

OK, I have not played FC4 and Primal yet but FC5 and FC6 have awesome worlds with definite landmarks if you keep your eyes open. You said in another thread you mostly play on the Steam Deck. That is the only explanation I can think of to reach this conclusion. You must have played the games on a tiny screen where you could barely see more than your character.

We can definitely argue about the repetitive structure of the Far Cry games but the worlds are pieces of art. Montana (as well as its nuked version in New Dawn) and Yara were done extremely well. There was a lot of variety in the architecture and locations if you played the games with open eyes. Both games offered plenty of ways to take to the skies via helicopter, airplane, parachute or wingsuit so you could always get the "big picture".

In fact, one of the best parts in FC6, once you have made some progress and cleared the airspace, is to airdrop on your objectives. If you airdrop and open the wingsuit right away, you can drift for miles over the beautiful world and you will most certainly recognize a lot of the places you have been to. It's awesome and really breathtaking at dusk or at dawn when you can see the lights of the capital city (Esperanza) in the far distance. Wow.

The worlds are HUGE in those games now and pretty realistic with forests and smaller towns, roads in between, a factory complex here or an oil refinery there and then a pretty huge airport with runways and so on, so yeah, like in real life, you might end up in places where you can not see a landmark because your view is blocked by terrain.

BTW, thinking about my recent playthrough of FC3, I'd have to say that the world in FC3 was a lot more generic. The viewing distances and the amount of detail is much higher in the modern FCs so you have a ton more variety. Almost all I can remember from FC3 is jungle, less dense jungle, more dense jungle and the sea surrounding the island. The graphics were still surprisingly good but the world design, variety and attention to detail is literally worlds better in modern Far Cry titles.

So, like anything, there are good examples and bad examples, but bad open world games are much worse to me than bad linear ones.

Well, yeah, games that suck, suck . I'm not sure if it makes sense to sort the dung in order by its smell. A potential advantage of a shit linear game is that you can probably rush through it faster but why even bother if the game is shit?
On the other hand, I don't think it's much different from a linear game. All open world games have quest markers or waypoints these days as well as fast travel. You can easily rush through open world games in a similar fashion as linear games nowadays if you beeline from objective to objective.
For example, I probably would have never finished AssCreed III because I disliked Connor but I wanted to see the Desmond Miles story to its conclusion so it had to be done. I was able to finish the game in ~15 hours by beelining it. That's well within the realm of a linear game.

Nov 30, 2022, 12:50
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Nov 30, 2022, 12:50
Nov 30, 2022, 12:50

RogueSix wrote on Nov 30, 2022, 12:23:
Erf345_ wrote on Nov 30, 2022, 07:18:
Like all open world games, two words.
Dull and tedious.

Two words: Bull and shit.

At this point, I largely agree with the other guy. Most open worlds are awful and just waste your time. Not all. Bethesda does them well. Rockstar does them well, particularly RDR. TW3 may not have been a true open world but it was mostly open world and was done well. Borderlands 2 was a pretty successful open world, I thought, as well.

I don't necessarily think that the Arkham games got better when they got less linear, though. The FC games have gotten awful because their open worlds are absolute design disasters with no discernible landmarks and no reason to leave the road - automobile based open roads seem to work best with cities, not jungles.

So, like anything, there are good examples and bad examples, but bad open world games are much worse to me than bad linear ones.

Nov 30, 2022, 12:23
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Nov 30, 2022, 12:23
Nov 30, 2022, 12:23

Erf345_ wrote on Nov 30, 2022, 07:18:
Dull and tedious.

Two words: Bull and shit.

Nov 30, 2022, 11:04
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Nov 30, 2022, 11:04
Nov 30, 2022, 11:04

Far Cry 6 free trial O.K., I'll bite.
If you have enjoyed your stay, you can continue your progress where you left off on any platform, after buying the full version of the game.
To use your progress from the trial version any platform, you will need to first upload your save.
Burrito of Peace

Nov 30, 2022, 10:15
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Nov 30, 2022, 10:15
Nov 30, 2022, 10:15

GinRummy wrote on Nov 30, 2022, 07:47:
I had my money's worth when it first came out. A good variety of stuff to do and a pretty long play time if you don't skip everything but the main story. Look for it on sale or try this free trial bit to best see if it suits you.
It looks like the Deluxe version is already on sale for $27.
Standard versions shows $60.
Unless I missed something.
Burrito of Peace

Nov 30, 2022, 07:47
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Nov 30, 2022, 07:47
Nov 30, 2022, 07:47

I had my money's worth when it first came out. A good variety of stuff to do and a pretty long play time if you don't skip everything but the main story. Look for it on sale or try this free trial bit to best see if it suits you.

Nov 30, 2022, 07:18
Re: Far Cry 6 Free Trial Today; Lost Between Worlds Next Week Nov 30, 2022, 07:18
Nov 30, 2022, 07:18

Dull and tedious.
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older