Out of the Blue

Happy Cyber Monday! A lot of this is hype, but I've mentioned I have a few tech items which are aging out. My phone and laptop have both been subject to issues lately, but they seem to be stable at the moment. I'm also at the point where I'd like to build a new machine, but it feels like a time to let the market for parts to stabilize. At one point I thought I might get a new GPU before building a new system around it, but after seeing the size and power specs of the latest cards, that doesn't seem practical. So I'll look for deals, but I feel like all of this is a little up in the air to make a move. Oh well, window (Windows?) shopping can be fun too.

Cyber Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Breakfast Links

Stories
Thanks Max.

Science

Media
Thanks Kxmode.

Creature Features
Thanks Kxmode.

The Funnies

View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: OotB: Cybering
Nov 29, 2022, 10:02
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 29, 2022, 10:02
Nov 29, 2022, 10:02

Trump's "defense" has pretty much always been he has done nothing wrong. Therefore there is no issue/problem with saying what he has done. Amazingly, I think he actually believes that position in most cases. He is an idiot and a toddler.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Nov 29, 2022, 08:39
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 29, 2022, 08:39
Nov 29, 2022, 08:39

Trump confessed
Do you think all the right wing trolls will finally admit ....sorry what was I thinking it's Ego Rules!
Scorpio Slasher: What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: Bullies. Tiny dick egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you. I f*cking hate people like you!

Nov 28, 2022, 19:27
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 28, 2022, 19:27
Nov 28, 2022, 19:27

sauron wrote on Nov 28, 2022, 18:43:
Pheasants are really cool but they are also apparently delicious (I don't eat mammals or birds but passing on good intel). Rather than let the foxes have the unfortunate guy, maybe just pluck (or skin) him/her, prepare, and roast?
Back in the early 2000s at our office "bring a dish" thanksgiving party one of my officemates would bring "pheasant stuffing". I'm not sure how much pheasant was in that stuff, but I looked forward to eating some every year -- it was fantastic.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Nov 28, 2022, 18:43
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 28, 2022, 18:43
Nov 28, 2022, 18:43

Beamer wrote on Nov 28, 2022, 14:04:
In wildlife news, last night we saw a pheasant in our yard. Noteworthy because they're not native, and while the state does release some for hunting purposes, not really within 45 miles of my yard, so that guy had likely traveled some serious distance.

This morning we saw him trying to get out of the yard. He was walking back and forth, sticking his head through the chain link fence, but couldn't figure out the way through. Had he walked 10 feet in either direction, or just flapped his wings, he'd be through. I was happy he survived the night, as we get two foxes in our yard every evening, and a coyote occasionally sleeps back there. I didn't think the pheasant would do well, but what do I know? They obviously survive, but i was concerned.

A few hours later I got a notification from one of my cameras, and sure enough, there was a hawk on top of the pheasant. It was actually right under a window, so I walked over to see. The hawk looked up at me, so I backed away, but my wife stood there long enough for the hawk to move on. It never came back, so I'm guessing the pheasant will be fox food tonight.

Poor guy. They're actually stunningly beautiful birds, and this guy was just peacocking his way through the state, all kinds of lonely and looking for a mate, until he met my chain link fence.

Pheasants are really cool but they are also apparently delicious (I don't eat mammals or birds but passing on good intel). Rather than let the foxes have the unfortunate guy, maybe just pluck (or skin) him/her, prepare, and roast?
Kittens!

Nov 28, 2022, 17:32
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 28, 2022, 17:32
Nov 28, 2022, 17:32

Wolves emboldened by parasite more likely to lead pack: study

Gah. No.

This stuff has been largely debunked. Science reporting continues to slide down the toilet. Correlation is not causation.

Wolves that come into contact with the most other wolves are more likely to pick up this microbe up from other wolves. This study does not prove that the microbe makes them more social and assertive.

"People who stub their toe are more likely to say 'ow!' so obviously saying "ow" causes people to stub their toes OMG!"

Nov 28, 2022, 16:42
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 28, 2022, 16:42
Nov 28, 2022, 16:42

"Florida woman sues over Velveeta Shells & Cheese 'ready' time."

Can you image having the time to pursue something like this and lose?

Re: Disney Minus
Nov 28, 2022, 16:32
Kxmode

Re: Disney Minus Nov 28, 2022, 16:32
Nov 28, 2022, 16:32
 Kxmode

On the Disney+ website.

"The prices below will go into effect as of December 8, 2022, for new subscribers and on the first billing date on or after December 8, 2022, for existing subscribers."

"I used to fence at Bel-Air Academy." "Oh, really? How much do you think we could get for that stereo?"

Disney Minus
Nov 28, 2022, 16:19
Kxmode

Disney Minus Nov 28, 2022, 16:19
Nov 28, 2022, 16:19
 Kxmode

Got this email.

We wanted to let you know of an upcoming price change to your Disney+ subscription.

Effective on January 02, 2023, your subscription will now be called the Disney+ Premium plan and will change in price to $10.99 per month. Your payment method on file will be charged unless you cancel your subscription before January 02, 2023.

Our Commitment to Subscriber Choice

We are committed to providing a variety of offerings and quality content to our subscribers. You now have the option to choose our new, lower-priced plan, Disney+ Basic (With Ads), or upgrade to one of our Disney Bundle plans.

So basically, the sub I have now will become the sub with ads. 😐
"I used to fence at Bel-Air Academy." "Oh, really? How much do you think we could get for that stereo?"

Nov 28, 2022, 15:32
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 28, 2022, 15:32
Nov 28, 2022, 15:32

Beamer wrote on Nov 28, 2022, 14:04:
In wildlife news, last night we saw a pheasant in our yard. Noteworthy because they're not native, and while the state does release some for hunting purposes, not really within 45 miles of my yard, so that guy had likely traveled some serious distance.

This morning we saw him trying to get out of the yard. He was walking back and forth, sticking his head through the chain link fence, but couldn't figure out the way through. Had he walked 10 feet in either direction, or just flapped his wings, he'd be through. I was happy he survived the night, as we get two foxes in our yard every evening, and a coyote occasionally sleeps back there. I didn't think the pheasant would do well, but what do I know? They obviously survive, but i was concerned.

A few hours later I got a notification from one of my cameras, and sure enough, there was a hawk on top of the pheasant. It was actually right under a window, so I walked over to see. The hawk looked up at me, so I backed away, but my wife stood there long enough for the hawk to move on. It never came back, so I'm guessing the pheasant will be fox food tonight.

Poor guy. They're actually stunningly beautiful birds, and this guy was just peacocking his way through the state, all kinds of lonely and looking for a mate, until he met my chain link fence.
I never knew pheasants weren’t native to the United States, probably explains why I’ve never seen one.
Checked out a picture and sure enough they’re something special.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Nov 28, 2022, 15:22
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 28, 2022, 15:22
Nov 28, 2022, 15:22

In hindsight, no one was ready for the internet. We still aren't. Eternal September arrived and never left.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Nov 28, 2022, 14:04
Re: OotB: Cybering Nov 28, 2022, 14:04
Nov 28, 2022, 14:04

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older