Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the bestsellers on Steam for last week. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II's run at the top ends this week, and the Steam Deck moves out of the on-deck circle and returns to its customary spot at numero uno:

1. Steam Deck.
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
  3. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Upgrade to Vault Edition.
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Vault Edition.
  6. Save 50% on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - GOTY Edition.
  7. Marvel’s Spider-Man- Miles Morales.
  8. Nobody - The Turnaround.
  9. Pre-purchase Warhammer 40,000- Darktide - Imperial Edition.
  10. American Truck Simulator - Texas.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Steam Top 10
Nov 21, 2022, 13:30
Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 21, 2022, 13:30
Nov 21, 2022, 13:30

Jaysen wrote on Nov 21, 2022, 00:55:
I do have one and really enjoy it. I agree that the data/telemety might lag or have people opt out but I would assume it would be a similar rate. I look forward to seeing the install base grow as the supply issues seem resolved and the holiday season/black Friday should drive more sales. I have the official dock and it's mostly good. I find the cable detachment a little awkward but like it other than that.

The device is amazing to me:
- Huge library of games and don't need to spend $60 on each new game (switch)
- Better than my new laptop with a 3070 Ti. Turns out the form factor of the Steam Deck is so appealing it is where I do the majority of my gaming these days.
- Compared to the GPD Win 3 the ergonomics of the Steam Deck are way better. If you're thinking it is to large, it is just the right size for comfort IMHO.

My top played game:
- Vampire Survivors
- Spider-man
- Control
- Void Scrappers

For controller based gamers highly recommend picking one up.

Thanks. I actually ran into an issue setting up the monitor from the dock last night - the Deck wouldn't connect at first. Turns out I had to remove all the other inputs to the Deck in order to get it to recognize the monitor, then replace the other inputs. Thank good ness for Reddit - they always have the answers to tech questions.
Kittens!

Nov 21, 2022, 00:55
Jaysen

Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 21, 2022, 00:55
Nov 21, 2022, 00:55
 Jaysen

I do have one and really enjoy it. I agree that the data/telemety might lag or have people opt out but I would assume it would be a similar rate. I look forward to seeing the install base grow as the supply issues seem resolved and the holiday season/black Friday should drive more sales. I have the official dock and it's mostly good. I find the cable detachment a little awkward but like it other than that.

The device is amazing to me:
- Huge library of games and don't need to spend $60 on each new game (switch)
- Better than my new laptop with a 3070 Ti. Turns out the form factor of the Steam Deck is so appealing it is where I do the majority of my gaming these days.
- Compared to the GPD Win 3 the ergonomics of the Steam Deck are way better. If you're thinking it is to large, it is just the right size for comfort IMHO.

My top played game:
- Vampire Survivors
- Spider-man
- Control
- Void Scrappers

For controller based gamers highly recommend picking one up.

Nov 20, 2022, 17:37
Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2022, 17:37
Nov 20, 2022, 17:37

I have a Deck and am setting up the dock this evening. I haven't filled out any Valve questionnaire so it's probably not being counted in their dataset.

You may already have one, but if not, the TLDR is that it's great (game performance in that form factor is amazing) but chews through the battery, and the battery also drains when it is in sleep mode (the Switch is much better in both regards). I bought a dock partly to make sure it is always charged, and a Baseus 65W charging block for when I'm on the road (let me know if you need the product code).
Kittens!

Nov 20, 2022, 15:56
Jaysen

Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2022, 15:56
Nov 20, 2022, 15:56
 Jaysen

I wondered how many Steam Decks are out there so tried to estimate based off the Steam Hardware Survey. TLDR - I estimated 448,000. As there are reports of over 1.5M sold as of May this year my method is clearly flawed. If anyone else has better ideas to estimate from imperfect data I would be interested.

My attempt:
On the Steam Hardware Survey 25% of Linux users GPUs match the "AMD Custom GPU 0405" which is specific to the Steam Deck. On all operating systems it is around the 53rd most common graphics card (irrelevant to the estimate). If you estimate ~140 million monthly active users (2021 was 130M, 2020 120M according to Statista), multiply by Linux share of 1.28% and divide by 4 for 25% you get: 140,000,000 * 0.0128 / 4 = 448,000.
I've read that the rate of installing Windows on the deck is negligible so didn't include it.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older