NCSoft's Trailblazer Project Revealed

NCSoft reveals Trailblazer Project <LLL> is one of the upcoming projects it has been teasing. Saying the game is in early development, this is described as a "unique blend of third-person shooter and MMO." Uniqueness is a rare quality in video games, so this offers a gameplay trailer and a DevTalks trailer where the team discusses the game (English subtitles are available). Likewise, the reveal article includes a Q&A translated into English as well. Here's a bit on the plan:
The world of 〈LLL〉 is a vast open world in which more than 30km of land area is seamlessly connected to a single environment. The core elements that make up the open world are uninterrupted loading and movement. To convey a seamless environment, we implemented content streaming and utilized the most cutting-edge rendering technology. Content production methods are also being reorganized.

We also introduced a procedural creation method to provide content that reacts appropriately to the player’s situation instead of playing preset content on repeat within the open world environment. We are also thinking about a tool that can reflect this procedural creation method in content production while also researching processes that allow for content to be produced automatically.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project Revealed
Nov 15, 2022, 08:00
Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project Revealed Nov 15, 2022, 08:00
Nov 15, 2022, 08:00

Can't say much of the gameplay loop, but it already looks better then destiny 2 which half of the maps are just there to make you go trough them, there is nothing there but landmass.

I'm interested but need to see more b4 I evenrually will grab it, seeing its still years off.

Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project Revealed
Nov 15, 2022, 06:48
Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project Revealed Nov 15, 2022, 06:48
Nov 15, 2022, 06:48

Any game that uses those minimal washed out almost mono-color palettes is an automatic nope.

Either the height of laziness or just plain poor artistic direction.

Lets jus hope this marketing trend that thinks slapping MMO bullet points on a co-op looter shooter gets passe real quick.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project <LLL> Revealed
Nov 14, 2022, 16:14
Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project <LLL> Revealed Nov 14, 2022, 16:14
Nov 14, 2022, 16:14

Naturally a game in this type and genre is going to have strong Destiny vibes. I am interested enough to check it out probably. I played Destiny up to the first expansion (after it released on PC). Looking forward to discovering how their take on dungeons and raids are like.

Nov 14, 2022, 16:00
Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project <LLL> Revealed Nov 14, 2022, 16:00
Nov 14, 2022, 16:00

Frijoles wrote on Nov 14, 2022, 15:37:
Not a fan of the UI, especially the player health and ammo block. I hope that can be moved or toggled because it's very distracting. The game itself reminds me of Destiny.
"What if we merged shooters an MMOs?" That was my first thought too: Destiny.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Nov 14, 2022, 15:37
Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project <LLL> Revealed Nov 14, 2022, 15:37
Nov 14, 2022, 15:37

Not a fan of the UI, especially the player health and ammo block. I hope that can be moved or toggled because it's very distracting. The game itself reminds me of Destiny.

Nov 14, 2022, 13:36
Re: NCSoft's Trailblazer Project <LLL> Revealed Nov 14, 2022, 13:36
Nov 14, 2022, 13:36

Oh yay, another Korean grindfest.

Also, you already tried merging third person shooters with MMOs. It was called Tabula Rasa and it tanked spectacularly.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older