Dark Souls Remastered Revived

FromSoftware tweets that Dark Souls: Remastered multiplayer servers for PC are back online. They were taken down back in January in what was planned as a temporary measure to address core vulnerabilities. Word is:
Online features for the PC version of #DarkSouls: Remastered have been reactivated.

Thank you once again for your patience, understanding, and support.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived
Nov 10, 2022, 10:50
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived Nov 10, 2022, 10:50
Nov 10, 2022, 10:50

That's very cool to know, thanks Vulkan.
Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Nov 10, 2022, 08:49
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived Nov 10, 2022, 08:49
Nov 10, 2022, 08:49

To be specific: DS3+ (Including DS:R) introduced a handy password system for when you want to play Co-op with a particular group of people, where the password becomes it's own multiplayer instance and everyone with the same password is matched with each other, the default password-less behaviour (And the way vanilla DS1 and DS2 worked) is to just dump you with a random set of players for both PVP and Co-op multiplayer.

It's not quite Elden Ring Seamless Multiplayer mod, but it works just fine with a little bit of communication. The only problem you might run into is that the player count for the older games has, of course, dried up quite a bit compared to release.

Nov 9, 2022, 17:11
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived Nov 9, 2022, 17:11
Nov 9, 2022, 17:11

One of the best games ever made and one of my favorites. Between the original PS3 release and the Steam remastered beat this many times for 100% achievements on both. Glad servers are back up for mp.

Praise the sun! \'[T]/

Nov 9, 2022, 15:58
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived Nov 9, 2022, 15:58
Nov 9, 2022, 15:58

Thanks for the replies, Jacobvandy, Mag and Jim . Ahoy

Ok, I'll be a little more open minded on the early games. I would have probably bought them now, if they had ER Coop.
But I'll do some more checking.
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Nov 9, 2022, 15:30
Jim
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived Nov 9, 2022, 15:30
Nov 9, 2022, 15:30
Jim

The only coop quirks are with DS2. They introduced a "soul memory" based matching scheme to ensure that crafted gear in addition to levels was at least somewhat compatible. Unfortunately that means just playing coop, like helping on the two tigers, which I enjoyed, you eventually "out-level" people even if you never level up. You can give up a ring slot to bypass that but that also kind of sucks.

Nov 9, 2022, 14:23
mag
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived Nov 9, 2022, 14:23
Nov 9, 2022, 14:23
mag

Acleacius wrote on Nov 9, 2022, 12:36:
No experience with FromSoftware before Elden Ring. Just looked and there isn't a Coop mod, guess it's just pvp jank. Flamethrower
Apparently, their community despises Coop and explains why they cry and throw tantrums Bawling about the amazing Coop mod in ER! Party2

Co-op in DS, DS2, and DS3 works, but takes some effort and coordination if you want to play through the whole game with a buddy. There are a couple of areas in each game where you can't summon a phantom and need to do some solo work, so it takes a little research/knowledge to know whether or not you can.

Nov 9, 2022, 13:32
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived Nov 9, 2022, 13:32
Nov 9, 2022, 13:32

All these games have had co-op as well as PVP (i.e. Dark Souls allows you to summon help for a boss, or you can join the guild that comes to the aid of people who are invaded), but they made changes to how both work in Elden Ring which AFAIK is what enables these new mods to exist. I just play them all as single-player games, though, so even server outages make little difference to me.

Nov 9, 2022, 12:36
Re: Dark Souls Remastered Revived Nov 9, 2022, 12:36
Nov 9, 2022, 12:36

No experience with FromSoftware before Elden Ring. Just looked and there isn't a Coop mod, guess it's just pvp jank. Flamethrower
Apparently, their community despises Coop and explains why they cry and throw tantrums Bawling about the amazing Coop mod in ER! Party2
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older