AMD RDNA 3 Stream Next Month

AMD announces a livestream event to unveil the RDNA 3 chips powering its next-generation of Radeon graphics cards. The stream will get underway on for November 3rd at 4:00 pm EDT. If you're interested, you can sign up here for a reminder for the event. If you miss it, a recording of the stream will be posted after it concludes. Word is:
AMD executives will share details on the new high-performance, energy-efficient AMD RDNA 3 architecture that will deliver new levels of performance, efficiency and functionality to gamers and content creators.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: AMD RDNA 3 Stream Next Month
Oct 21, 2022, 13:19
Re: AMD RDNA 3 Stream Next Month Oct 21, 2022, 13:19
Oct 21, 2022, 13:19

With Nvidia's recent shenanigans, I'm really rooting for AMD. I hope they can compete on performance this generation (like last, mostly) and stick with more normal/sane pricing. Nvidia needs to be knocked down a notch.
Buy/HODL AMC! (Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor / this is not financial advice)

Oct 21, 2022, 13:14
Re: AMD RDNA 3 Stream Next Month Oct 21, 2022, 13:14
Oct 21, 2022, 13:14

Lord Tea wrote on Oct 21, 2022, 02:20:
El Pit wrote on Oct 20, 2022, 12:14:
What would be nice would be RDNA 3 cards that can deliver 80% of the ray-tracing power of Nvidia's RTX cards at 60% of their prices.
Otherwise, I hope I can get a good RX6900XT at a deep price instead.

May I ask why? Ray tracing as it’s currently implemented in most engines is a huge performance killer for a comparatively very small effect. Cyberpunk 2077 is a wonderful example. It looks so much better with HDR turned on (you need a decent monitor for that!) than with that subtle ray tracing effect. Nv is artificially pushing the RT hype and people are falling for it.

I’m going to get RDNA 3 if AMD manage to be in the same ballpark as Nv in rasterization performance (and I believe they will) while keeping the price significantly lower. Ray tracing is at the bottom of my list.
RT is a collection of several techniques, and its effectiveness differs in each game depending on what they've implemented and how well they've done so.

As for CP2077, I feel like you need your eyes checked. It's generally regarded as the current gold standard for what RT can do. I've played it with RT enable on my rig and the differences are incredible, not remotely "subtle". Yes it really drops performance, but the tech and hardware has been improving over time and will only continue to get better.

That said, you know you can have both HDR *and* RT enabled at the same time right? Perhaps it's just the way you've worded it, but you make it sound as if it's one or the other. Yes, HDR is amazing and if you have the hardware, you should enable it in every game that supports it (and even many that don't, using something like Special K). But some games also have wonderful RT implementations that are well worth using, as long as your system can handle it (and CP2077 is at the top of that list). I will also agree that some RT feature will be more pronounced with HDR enabled, like global and direct illumination for instance, but that's kind of the nature of HDR.
Buy/HODL AMC! (Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor / this is not financial advice)

Oct 21, 2022, 02:25
Re: AMD RDNA 3 Stream Next Month Oct 21, 2022, 02:25
Oct 21, 2022, 02:25

I look forward to another overly hyped release only for it to beat nvidia in cs:go and f1 2022.

Oct 21, 2022, 02:20
Re: AMD RDNA 3 Stream Next Month Oct 21, 2022, 02:20
Oct 21, 2022, 02:20

El Pit wrote on Oct 20, 2022, 12:14:
What would be nice would be RDNA 3 cards that can deliver 80% of the ray-tracing power of Nvidia's RTX cards at 60% of their prices.

May I ask why? Ray tracing as it’s currently implemented in most engines is a huge performance killer for a comparatively very small effect. Cyberpunk 2077 is a wonderful example. It looks so much better with HDR turned on (you need a decent monitor for that!) than with that subtle ray tracing effect. Nv is artificially pushing the RT hype and people are falling for it.

I’m going to get RDNA 3 if AMD manage to be in the same ballpark as Nv in rasterization performance (and I believe they will) while keeping the price significantly lower. Ray tracing is at the bottom of my list.

Oct 20, 2022, 21:58
Re: AMD RDNA 3 Stream Next Month Oct 20, 2022, 21:58
Oct 20, 2022, 21:58

back channel rumors say rdna3 will be double the perf of rdna2 in ray tracing, so you'll probably get your 80% wish.

Oct 20, 2022, 12:14
El Pit

Re: AMD RDNA 3 Stream Next Month Oct 20, 2022, 12:14
Oct 20, 2022, 12:14
 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older