Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Mobilization
Sep 26, 2022, 04:29
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2022, 04:29
Sep 26, 2022, 04:29

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2022, 16:38:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 23, 2022, 02:37:
FloodAnxiety wrote on Sep 22, 2022, 16:02:
Wireless bone conducting headphones is where it is at. Zero ear fatigue. Great for gaming in the same room as someone else. You can both still hear each other fine and still hear the game in all its stereo glory (no pulling one headphone off the ear to hear the other person).

If you want to be completely immersive and have better lows than the bone conducting headphones, that is when you throw on the noise cancelling over the ear headphones connected to a SubPac and you get concert level audio experience without bothering the other person in the room. All while untethered from the PC.

Also, not having a cord means not having vibrations and other noises travelling along the cable and ruining your experience.

Only downside is you'll need a separate mic since bluetooth still sucks and no one wants to game in "headset" mode.

Ok, one more downside is the inherent latency in the audio, but you have to be pretty sweaty to sweat a few ms less of a heads up when hanzo ults or something in a FPS. So I will concede if you need to squeeze out your best performance in a competitive FPS then wired is unbeatable.

But for everyone else, serious, you owe it to yourself to give bone conducting headphones a shot.

200$ a pop. Yeah, fuck that.
I'm seeing them as low as $40.

Wow, that's much more reasonable. Thanks jdreyer.

Sep 23, 2022, 16:38
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 23, 2022, 16:38
Sep 23, 2022, 16:38

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 23, 2022, 02:37:
Wireless bone conducting headphones is where it is at. Zero ear fatigue. Great for gaming in the same room as someone else. You can both still hear each other fine and still hear the game in all its stereo glory (no pulling one headphone off the ear to hear the other person).

If you want to be completely immersive and have better lows than the bone conducting headphones, that is when you throw on the noise cancelling over the ear headphones connected to a SubPac and you get concert level audio experience without bothering the other person in the room. All while untethered from the PC.

Also, not having a cord means not having vibrations and other noises travelling along the cable and ruining your experience.

Only downside is you'll need a separate mic since bluetooth still sucks and no one wants to game in "headset" mode.

Ok, one more downside is the inherent latency in the audio, but you have to be pretty sweaty to sweat a few ms less of a heads up when hanzo ults or something in a FPS. So I will concede if you need to squeeze out your best performance in a competitive FPS then wired is unbeatable.

But for everyone else, serious, you owe it to yourself to give bone conducting headphones a shot.

I'm seeing them as low as $40.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Sep 23, 2022, 02:37
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 23, 2022, 02:37
Sep 23, 2022, 02:37

Sep 23, 2022, 01:04
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 23, 2022, 01:04
Sep 23, 2022, 01:04

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 22, 2022, 21:08:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2022, 20:20:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 22, 2022, 13:26:
Reason #5

Wired headphones/earbuds don't become toxic ewaste when their nonreplaceable batteries inevitably die.
Most bluetooth headphones also come with a cable jack. Just picked up a pair of Anker Q30s, and they've got one. My 5 year old Bluetooth Sonys also have one.

Headphones, yes. Earbuds, no. Earbuds are the very definition of disposable wastefulness.

But I am over putting things in or on my ears. 5.1 THX certified sound system on my PC.
That's true. Luckily they're quite small thus generating little waste. I have BT earbuds going back 7-8 years that still work. They're my backups for when I forget to charge my new ones. Those older ones have bigger batteries, and since I only charged them once a week or so, the batteries still hold a lot of charge. I have had both wired and BT earbuds that physically broke before the batteries wore out. In fact, the only device I've had where the battery died before something else did is my Garmin watch, which oddly is the most expensive battery powered thing I own.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Sep 22, 2022, 21:08
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2022, 21:08
Sep 22, 2022, 21:08

jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2022, 20:20:
Reason #5

Wired headphones/earbuds don't become toxic ewaste when their nonreplaceable batteries inevitably die.
Most bluetooth headphones also come with a cable jack. Just picked up a pair of Anker Q30s, and they've got one. My 5 year old Bluetooth Sonys also have one.

Headphones, yes. Earbuds, no. Earbuds are the very definition of disposable wastefulness.

But I am over putting things in or on my ears. 5.1 THX certified sound system on my PC.

"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

Sep 22, 2022, 20:20
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2022, 20:20
Sep 22, 2022, 20:20

Reason #5

Sep 22, 2022, 16:40
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2022, 16:40
Sep 22, 2022, 16:40

Reason #5

Isn't it mostly Apple pushing that?

I'm for wired. Wireless with battery issues is just too annoying

Sep 22, 2022, 16:02
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2022, 16:02
Sep 22, 2022, 16:02

Sep 22, 2022, 15:02
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2022, 15:02
Sep 22, 2022, 15:02

But there is always the massive joy of keeping your wireless gaming headset on, listening to your buddies, while you use the toilet. And you forgot to mute the microphone. Earmuffs

Sep 22, 2022, 13:26
Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2022, 13:26
Sep 22, 2022, 13:26

Reason #5

"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

Sep 22, 2022, 12:26
PHJF

Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2022, 12:26
Sep 22, 2022, 12:26
 PHJF

I got some real cheap skullcandy earbuds a ways back and my last time at the gym I had enough and just left them there. The connection sucked ass and skipped like crazy.
Steam + PSN: PHJF
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older