15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Labor Day Patches
Sep 6, 2022, 11:35
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 6, 2022, 11:35
Sep 6, 2022, 11:35

The remasters for Bioshock 1 & 2 are completely broken, neigh unplayable. Maybe you're 'quality of life' change would be to fix your piece of shit broken re-releases. If I hadn't have picked them both up on sale for like $2 each, I'd have been livid.

Sep 6, 2022, 10:52
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 6, 2022, 10:52
Sep 6, 2022, 10:52

Thank god, maybe I'll give the game a try now that I wont be bothered with the Linux elitist and their unlimited anti-windows toxicity.

Sep 6, 2022, 10:41
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 6, 2022, 10:41
Sep 6, 2022, 10:41

Bishi wrote on Sep 5, 2022, 14:47:
Both of them are really pissed

Hah well played sir.

Sep 6, 2022, 09:12
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 6, 2022, 09:12
Sep 6, 2022, 09:12

Yeah, and you can tell that 2K have zero respect for whiny PC gamers. The simple fact that they have the audacity to call this a "quality of life" update speaks volumes about their cynicism and total lack of respect. They know exactly that they will score big (except for MeanJim Wink ) if and when they graciously bring a game like GTA VI or the first RDR to PC after the console exclusivity has expired.

I actually almost like this kind of boldness. They put the double middle finger right in front of your face. No backstabbing, no bullshit. They are just straight up assholes about it all like "here is a quality of life update for you PC fuckers". I'm sure they laughed their asses off when they came up with the "quality of life" headline for the news update. It's like "how do we tell PC gamers to go fuck themselves without telling them to go fuck themselves? ... hmmm... ah, yes, let's call this a quality of life update" and the whole meeting turned into a LOL-fest after they nailed the headline.
Threadcrapper Extraordinaire

Sep 6, 2022, 02:26
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 6, 2022, 02:26
Sep 6, 2022, 02:26

RogueSix wrote on Sep 5, 2022, 17:26:
The same people who are whining now will be tripping over each other and themselves and their pet iguana when GTA VI or the rumored RDR Remaster is released. 2K is loling at the complaints in the meantime.

Yep. Gamers are the worst. All bark, no bite (and no spine) to speak of.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2022, 06:40.

Sep 5, 2022, 22:59
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 22:59
Sep 5, 2022, 22:59

Bioshock on Switch has annoying stuff like this from 2K... every single time I wake the game from sleep, it throws an error about how it can't connect to 2K. Sometimes it crashes because of it. When I start the game it tells me about the other two games, even though I bought the collection.

It's not a surprise this is happening on other platforms.

Sep 5, 2022, 19:54
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 19:54
Sep 5, 2022, 19:54

Xylemon wrote on Sep 5, 2022, 16:09:
I'm reminded of when they ruined GTA IV on Steam with the "Rockstar Launcher". I swear 2K is just one of the worst around.
Wait, they forced the Rockstar Launcher on GTA IV to users on Steam? What about GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas? I own San Andreas and GTA IV on disk. GTA SA is completely offline. If I remember correctly, GTA IV would install the RockStar Social Club, but you could cancel it or uninstall it. It was only required for multiplayer and you could play single player without it, and all it had was a simple disk check. I bet they've managed to do it to the disk versions if they've done it to Steam copies.

RogueSix wrote on Sep 5, 2022, 17:26:
The same people who are whining now will be tripping over each other and themselves and their pet iguana when GTA VI or the rumored RDR Remaster is released. 2K is loling at the complaints in the meantime.
Nope, I'm not buying anything from RockStar anymore. Their Social Club launcher thing has become worse since I first used it. I bought GTA V from them at release, and it wasn't in your face. It launched in the background when you started the game, and other than showing a message as the game loaded to press a key for the overlay, you didn't know it was there. Now it's a full blown, in your face, store and launcher that is mandatory no matter where you buy their games. It's the only launcher that makes me complete a CAPTCHA or two just to play a fucking game I bought.

I don't have any problem if 2K wants to start their own store and launcher, as long as they continue give me the choice to buy their games from other stores without having to use two store launchers. What makes this an extra long dick move is shoving it in older products that I've bought elsewhere, forcing me to now load their store (if it didn't crash and make them unplayable). I've bought games from Ubisoft and Rockstar, and I'm fine with having to use their launchers for those games because that's where I bought them from, but if I'd bought them on Steam or somewhere else and they started forcing me to launch their store too, I'd be just as pissed.

I still prefer to buy from GOG so I don't have to put up with this shit. I wish Steam would grow a pair and put a stop to this. I'm sure it'd probably end up in court though, but I don't know of anything else where you buy a product from Store A, but have to go to Store B too to use it.

RockStar and Ubisoft are on my shit list with EA, and I don't buy games from them. EA lately has redeemed themself a little by releasing some games on GOG.
"You can either want something to be true, or you can want the truth. Pick one." - Mr. Diety

Sep 5, 2022, 18:33
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 18:33
Sep 5, 2022, 18:33

Quality of life? Honestly, fuck you 2K.

Sep 5, 2022, 17:26
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 17:26
Sep 5, 2022, 17:26

Threadcrapper Extraordinaire

Sep 5, 2022, 16:09
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 16:09
Sep 5, 2022, 16:09

Some context since the headline isn't exactly correct:

Since we have Proton/Wine, the games will still work. It's that originally there was "native ports" (which was just some Wine-like wrapper ironically enough), and now 2K has forced a despicable launcher into these games and pretty much broke the old "native ports". You can still load them with Proton on Steam, but it might be a little challenging. Still, this a stab in the back of the Linux owners like myself and just another spit in the face on the rest of 2K's player base who now has to go through yet another soon to be obsolete data harvesting launcher.

TL;DR 2K is not just screwing over Linux users, they're screwing over all of us.

Edit: Removed part of this comment that was an embarrassing brain fart.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2022, 22:16.

Sep 5, 2022, 16:04
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 16:04
Sep 5, 2022, 16:04

Bishi wrote on Sep 5, 2022, 14:47:
Read the article, it's not just Linux users, it's the Steam Deck too. Go read the comments on the update. Their launcher is a steaming pile of crap and doesn't work for some people on Windows too. Those lucky enough to be able to launch games through it say it causes performance issues and crashes unless they killed the launcher after the game is running. For others, the launcher crashes and doesn't launch the game. Currently when I try to run any of the games with it on Windows, it sits at a loading screen for ~2 minutes before giving an error that says "Please try again later and contact us if the error persists." Every time they update the launcher, it still crashes, but with a different error. A version or two ago it almost worked for me. The launcher window opened, but the games tab showed that I didn't own any games, and instead it had "An error ocurred [sic]" and a "Try again" button there. The store tab seemed to work, but I couldn't launch any games, and clicking that try again button caused the launcher to crash.

I've also seen some posts that say the 2K launcher doesn't have an offline mode, so you're unable to play without an internet connection.

WaltSee wrote on Sep 5, 2022, 13:36:
Also, GOG also sells the games (I have them), but I haven't played them in a while, so I don't know if the Gog versions have the QoL *cough* changes, as well.

The GOG versions are unaffected. They put this crap on Civ VI and XCOM2 a little over a year ago, and it's on the BioShock and Mafia remasters. All of those except Civ VI are on GOG, and do not have the 2K Launcher there. I don't think GOG allows games to have additional store launchers in them.

I suggest to anyone that doesn't own any 2K games and you want them, go get them on GOG. 2K has been ignoring all of the negative feedback and keeps pushing their launcher. They might just pull their games for sale from Steam and GOG if they ever get it working for .
"You can either want something to be true, or you can want the truth. Pick one." - Mr. Diety

Sep 5, 2022, 14:47
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 14:47
Sep 5, 2022, 14:47

Sep 5, 2022, 13:36
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 13:36
Sep 5, 2022, 13:36

To sell a lot of games, the requirement has always been that you must first produce a game worth buying and playing....;)

Doesn't sound like the "QOL changes" to the Steam Bioshock games are worth having, frankly--so if Linux users can play the games--just keep playing as the QOL stuff sounds like it's not worth having.

Also, GOG also sells the games (I have them), but I haven't played them in a while, so I don't know if the Gog versions have the QoL *cough* changes, as well.
It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)

Sep 5, 2022, 12:49
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 12:49
Sep 5, 2022, 12:49

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2022, 12:37:
The commercialization of everything gaming is disheartening.

This is one of several reasons that my interest in gaming is declining. MTX out the wazoo, the same bland titles regurgitated over and over again for the most part, continued attempts to lock everyone in to a walled garden, and on it goes.

"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Sep 5, 2022, 12:37
Re: Labor Day Patches Sep 5, 2022, 12:37
Sep 5, 2022, 12:37

The commercialization of everything gaming is disheartening.
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older