6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Metaverse
Aug 19, 2022, 18:55
Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2022, 18:55
Aug 19, 2022, 18:55

Andrew gained notoriety when Twitter banned him for saying women should "bear responsibility" for being sexually assaulted.

Not only does backdoor testosterone shrink your nuts it shrivels your brain, either that or he's stopped too many fists with his head.
The gym must be full of these misogynist incels.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Aug 19, 2022, 18:22
Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2022, 18:22
Aug 19, 2022, 18:22

I haven't had cable since 2000 lol, I always hated that shit because I would just channel surf and end up watching a ton of commercials, nothing good was ever on unless it was like Sunday at 8pm, 9pm, 10pm. The last good thing I saw on cable was The X-Files in the late 90's. I've got one of those new fangle Smart TVs and it's got a whole bunch of free crap to help me remember why I hated cable. The only thing I remember watching from there was some show about the Cowboys cheerleaders, but they didn't even get naked. Netflix, HBO, Prime all of that crap fulfills my TV needs but even so, I can hardly sit down for 5 minutes and watch TV when there is more Hunt: Showdown to be played! The Sandman is good though!

Aug 19, 2022, 15:19
Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2022, 15:19
Aug 19, 2022, 15:19

Piracy is once again on the rise after seeing a decent decline. Gee, I can't imagine why that is happening.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Aug 19, 2022, 15:02
Verno

Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2022, 15:02
Aug 19, 2022, 15:02
 Verno

Saboth wrote on Aug 19, 2022, 14:27:
The problems with cable and satellite:

1. Far more expensive than streaming. $60, $80, $120+ plans
2. On top of that, they have the gall to charge you $20, $30, $50+ per month to rent the equipment to watch the subscription you have already paid them for.
3. On top of that, they want you to pay all these fees and taxes that they passed onto you that the government wanted THEM to pay.
4. On top of THAT, they want you to pay that massive sum of money AND watch 15-25 minutes of commercials every hour.

#4 was my big problem. If you want to charge for content, fine. Find a business model that works without advertising then, you don't get to steal my attention every 10-15 minutes in perpetuity which I pay big money for the privilege.

We went streaming only several years ago and never looked back. The only time it's ever been a problem has been the Olympics but even that is easy to stream now. The only issue with streaming is that it's quickly becoming so bifurcated that you need nearly the equivalent in cable fees if you want a good breadth of content including sports.
Playing: Dead Space Remake, Chained Echoes, Hi-Fi Rush
Watching: Superstore, The Last of Us, Love Death & Robots

Aug 19, 2022, 14:47
Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2022, 14:47
Aug 19, 2022, 14:47

Saboth wrote on Aug 19, 2022, 14:27:

2. On top of that, they have the gall to charge you $20, $30, $50+ per month to rent the equipment to watch the subscription you have already paid them for.
3. On top of that, they want you to pay all these fees and taxes that they passed onto you that the government wanted THEM to pay.
4. On top of THAT, they want you to pay that massive sum of money AND watch 15-25 minutes of commercials every hour.

On top of that, they decided that scripted content is too expensive, and have instead shifted to reality TV, with reruns on permanently (seriously, look at MTV, there are some days when it just shows 24 hour-long episodes of the same show)
On top of that, they often speed older shows up to add more commercials. My wife briefly watched Friends on TBS and some other channel, and it was clearly higher pitched on one of them
On top of that, nothing is ever on

But the equipment rental fees, in perpetuity, for underpowered stuff that makes you angry, is part of it.
What made me ultimately cut the cord was moving to a Cablevision/Optimum area. The cable box was misery. Outright misery. Everything was slow and stupid. Minor things took so many clicks, with many clicks requiring waits. They brag about the box, but it made watching TV physically painful.

Aug 19, 2022, 14:27
Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2022, 14:27
Aug 19, 2022, 14:27

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older