Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Preorders Get Early Access

Activision announces an incentive to preorder Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. Those willing to buy the military shooter sequel before the reviews come out will get to play it before the reviews come out with a week of early access. The news is covered in this post. Here are the details:
Anyone who preorders a digital edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II will receive early Campaign access in addition to previously announced rewards. Preordering a digital copy will grant players up to a week to complete the incredible single-player Campaign before the full game launches on October 28.

Preorder Modern Warfare II to receive:

• Up to one week early access to the full Modern Warfare II Campaign, starting October 20
  • Access to the full game on October 28
  • Open Beta Early Access
  • Final Judgement Bundle: Immediate access to the Legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the Legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone

View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Preorders Get Early Access
Aug 17, 2022, 15:19
Kxmode

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Preorders Get Early Access Aug 17, 2022, 15:19
Aug 17, 2022, 15:19
 Kxmode

Nucas wrote on Aug 17, 2022, 12:23:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 17, 2022, 00:30:
The pricing increase is due to supply chain issues and a shortage of workers. /s
it's not.

besides, labor shortages have not impacted every industry equally; that fact aside you should intuitively know better than to keep saying this. how people can simultaneously know that people will crunch themselves almost to death for the privilege of working on video games, but also think they can't find enough employees, is confusing to me.
You missed the /s in my comment, didn't you?
"I used to fence at Bel-Air Academy." "Oh, really? How much do you think we could get for that stereo?"

Aug 17, 2022, 12:23
Nucas

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Preorders Get Early Access Aug 17, 2022, 12:23
Aug 17, 2022, 12:23
 Nucas

ninemil wrote on Aug 16, 2022, 21:03:
"Crunch is bad! Undercooked releases are bad!

omfg, you want ten more dollars in a game where I'm almost inevitability going to get 500 hours of play time?

EVIL!"

Never mind the two decades of unaccounted for inflation on that price tag. And yes, Acti-Blizzard makes money - that's the idea. That's how you convince shareholders to bankroll teams and projects as big as CoD. Regardless, the benefits to game development of a higher base price tag are well worth the one less takeout you'll be able to buy in the twenty four months that this game will receive free updates.

i'm sympathetic to an inflation argument but not from activision blizzard, who have been on the vanguard of finding new ways to exploit and monetize titles.

i also can't believe you think this has anything to do with crunch. like the c suite was calculating how much additional revenue they could generate from a flat price increase so bobby kotick could give everyone more vacation time.

i'm sure price increases are coming eventually but its no surprise the greediest, least principled companies in the industry are leading the charge.

but uhh go off king, have fun shooting down all that deranged shit i didn't say

Kxmode wrote on Aug 17, 2022, 00:30:
The pricing increase is due to supply chain issues and a shortage of workers. /s
it's not.

besides, labor shortages have not impacted every industry equally; that fact aside you should intuitively know better than to keep saying this. how people can simultaneously know that people will crunch themselves almost to death for the privilege of working on video games, but also think they can't find enough employees, is confusing to me.

Aug 17, 2022, 00:30
Kxmode

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Preorders Get Early Access Aug 17, 2022, 00:30
Aug 17, 2022, 00:30
 Kxmode

Nucas wrote on Aug 16, 2022, 20:30:
man, i would love to play that campaign early...

but on the other hand, i want to buy a key from a grey market site out of pure fucking spite for activision blizzard having the gall to increase standard title pricing to 70 dollars.
"I used to fence at Bel-Air Academy." "Oh, really? How much do you think we could get for that stereo?"

Aug 16, 2022, 21:20
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Preorders Get Early Access Aug 16, 2022, 21:20
Aug 16, 2022, 21:20

ninemil wrote on Aug 16, 2022, 21:03:
increase standard title pricing to 70 dollars.

omfg, you want ten more dollars in a game where I'm almost inevitability going to get 500 hours of play time?

EVIL!"

Never mind the two decades of unaccounted for inflation on that price tag. And yes, Acti-Blizzard makes money - that's the idea. That's how you convince shareholders to bankroll teams and projects as big as CoD. Regardless, the benefits to game development of a higher base price tag are well worth the one less takeout you'll be able to buy in the twenty four months that this game will receive free updates.

I think it's more that one of the greediest companies in the world has the gall to push for a higher price. I will admit you're right, though, about the number of hours typically from their games... but they've made some really shit decisions and games lately, too.

Aug 16, 2022, 21:03
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Preorders Get Early Access Aug 16, 2022, 21:03
Aug 16, 2022, 21:03

increase standard title pricing to 70 dollars.

EVIL!"

Aug 16, 2022, 20:30
Nucas

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Preorders Get Early Access Aug 16, 2022, 20:30
Aug 16, 2022, 20:30
 Nucas

man, i would love to play that campaign early...

but on the other hand, i want to buy a key from a grey market site out of pure fucking spite for activision blizzard having the gall to increase standard title pricing to 70 dollars.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older