1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Safety Dance
Aug 12, 2022, 09:11
Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 12, 2022, 09:11
Aug 12, 2022, 09:11

My new Pixel 6 supports 5G. The thing is, Verizon has very little 5G in this area (somewhat rural). There is, of course, a 5G node near the Verizon store, and you can pickup 5G down our main drag, US Hywy 441, but outside of that, like near my home, it flickers back and forth between a weak 5G signal, and a stronger LTE signal.

It was actually causing data dropout for me as I drove around listening to streamed podcasts. The phone was preferentially locking onto the weak 5G signal.

I discovered there is a setting in the phone that lets you set your preferred wireless network, and I changed it from 5G to LTE and now everything is fine.

Most 5G is mostly smoke and mirrors, especially in rural areas like mine. 5G has less range so you have smaller cells and you need more of them. That's fine in a metropolitan environment, but not here.

We have excellent LTE here, with good coverage, and high bandwidth. I have used my phone's hotspot to as a backup for house internet during the rare Comcast outage, and I can play multiplayer games on it no problem. It's rock solid.
- “So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." - Abraham Erskine, 'Captain America: The First Avenger'
1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older