24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Sunday Legal Briefs
Aug 8, 2022, 09:18
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2022, 09:18
Aug 8, 2022, 09:18

I used to be a Musk fan, but the guy is insufferable now. You can't go and screw over a company for the lolz and then be like, haha just kidding, not gonna buy you despite all the shit I signed to fast track this. Musk is going to have to deal with real world consequences just like Alex Jones, Trump and other grifters are.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2022, 11:17.

Aug 8, 2022, 03:17
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2022, 03:17
Aug 8, 2022, 03:17

Beamer wrote on Aug 8, 2022, 01:53:
I think the best way to describe Musk's lunacy is his return to work opinions. He's ranted, several times, about people that want to work from home being lazy and not wanting to do anything. That anyone not in the office is a terrible employee.

This led to him forcing people back to Tesla despite the office not being large enough to handle their current headcount, which is beyond stupid.

Worse, it's hypocritical. He is CEO of several companies. He's obviously not in the office during normal working hours for all of them, as he can only be in one place at a time. He also tweets dozens of times a day during working hours, which he'd likely fire anyone else for.

A good leader doesn't call people lazy morons for doing the same thing he does.

Even the most genuis of people are idiots with regards to some topics... or many. Musk is a perfect example. His work-from-home opinion is beyond stupid. Personally, I haven't worked so hard in my life since I started working from home. I forgot about taking (micro)breaks, I wasn't interrupted by talkative colleagues, and I couldn't go to the office coffee machine every 20 minutes lol. I've talked with many colleagues who became similar superworkers once they started working at home. I haven't read any research on this, but I'm pretty confident the conclusion would be that for workers that give a shit about their work... work perfectly fine from home (if the type of job allows for it ofc). In the end, hybrid is the way to go for human contact sake.

As for your comment with regards to Musk being hypocritical, with that I disagree. We all understand nuance and in his case, there are many reasons to call bullshit on his opinion but hypocrisy makes no sense to me.
Currently playing: Spider-man, Sea of Thieves, Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 8, 2022, 01:53
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2022, 01:53
Aug 8, 2022, 01:53

I think the best way to describe Musk's lunacy is his return to work opinions. He's ranted, several times, about people that want to work from home being lazy and not wanting to do anything. That anyone not in the office is a terrible employee.

This led to him forcing people back to Tesla despite the office not being large enough to handle their current headcount, which is beyond stupid.

Worse, it's hypocritical. He is CEO of several companies. He's obviously not in the office during normal working hours for all of them, as he can only be in one place at a time. He also tweets dozens of times a day during working hours, which he'd likely fire anyone else for.

A good leader doesn't call people lazy morons for doing the same thing he does.

Aug 8, 2022, 00:54
Rilcon

Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2022, 00:54
Aug 8, 2022, 00:54
 Rilcon

G.oZ wrote on Aug 8, 2022, 00:39:
He has the intelligence to both understand and passionately talk about rocket science & particularly rocket engineering - there are multiple videos of him talking about it, including giving tours of SpaceX facilities - a company he founded - and answering many technical questions. To accuse him of being essentially a spokesperson regurgitating "bullet points" on "the technical bits" shows you really haven't actually listened to him talk about these things.
I have watched those videos, and heard him talk about all those things! And here's the really funny thing: I, a complete potato of a person, definitely not in any "top percentile", understood all of it, and knew about most of it before he made a public spectacle of the whole thing.

Aug 8, 2022, 00:39
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2022, 00:39
Aug 8, 2022, 00:39

Rilcon wrote on Aug 7, 2022, 23:07:

Or he just reads the weekly company newsletters and gets someone to collate some bullet points for him on the technical bits. Nothing I've heard from the guy points to him being any sort of genius, just rich and investing it in tech-related companies rather than just yachts and vineyards, and ensuring everyone knows about who's behind the checkbook so he can overshadow the actual researchers, engineers, and scientists that do the real work.

I didn't say genius, I said intelligent - but Musk is almost certainly in a top percentile. He has the intelligence to both understand and passionately talk about rocket science & particularly rocket engineering - there are multiple videos of him talking about it, including giving tours of SpaceX facilities - a company he founded - and answering many technical questions. To accuse him of being essentially a spokesperson regurgitating "bullet points" on "the technical bits" shows you really haven't actually listened to him talk about these things.

This is not a defense of him as a human being (may of his actions are essentially indefensible), but a defense against someone who assumes he's just a typical CEO with no technical knowledge.

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 7, 2022, 23:56:
As he did when he purchased both Tesla and Space X.

Just to be clear: Elon Musk founded SpaceX.

Aug 7, 2022, 23:59
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 23:59
Aug 7, 2022, 23:59

Who knew there'd be a rush to fill the void created by the canuck's departure.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Aug 7, 2022, 23:56
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 23:56
Aug 7, 2022, 23:56

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 7, 2022, 20:42:
Love or hate Musk, he's a pretty smart guy,
Musk is a punk who got lucky with Paypal. Although, I would give him credit for knowing a good bet when he sees one. As he did when he purchased both Tesla and Space X.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2022, 00:29.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Aug 7, 2022, 23:55
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 23:55
Aug 7, 2022, 23:55

G.oZ wrote on Aug 7, 2022, 22:54:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Aug 7, 2022, 22:33:
Love or hate Musk, he's a pretty smart guy

On what evidence do you base this? He's clearly rich and he's clearly famous and he's clearly thin-skinned, but if he's ever said anything intelligent, he's good at hiding it.

If you ever listen to Musk talk about his actual companies and the tech behind the work, it is quite clear he's both intelligent and passionate about it. I am a huge fan of SpaceX. He has a pretty darn good understanding of rocket science (even if he might not technically be a rocket scientist) - and loves "geeking out" talking about it.

It's just rather sad he has personality flaws/issues which turn him into a giant douche a lot of the time.
Or he just reads the weekly company newsletters and gets someone to collate some bullet points for him on the technical bits. Nothing I've heard from the guy points to him being any sort of genius, just rich and investing it in tech-related companies rather than just yachts and vineyards, and ensuring everyone knows about who's behind the checkbook so he can overshadow the actual researchers, engineers, and scientists that do the real work.
Don't forget the smartest thing he ever did, smoke dope with joe rogan. It doesn't get any smarter than that.
Burrito of Peace

Aug 7, 2022, 23:52
Rilcon

Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 23:52
Aug 7, 2022, 23:52
 Rilcon

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 7, 2022, 23:22:

On what evidence do you base this? He's clearly rich and he's clearly famous and he's clearly thin-skinned, but if he's ever said anything intelligent, he's good at hiding it.

If you ever listen to Musk talk about his actual companies and the tech behind the work, it is quite clear he's both intelligent and passionate about it. I am a huge fan of SpaceX. He has a pretty darn good understanding of rocket science (even if he might not technically be a rocket scientist) - and loves "geeking out" talking about it.

It's just rather sad he has personality flaws/issues which turn him into a giant douche a lot of the time.

So which beloved pet did he run over?
Ah, very clever, make it out to be like I'm a little child personally offended by him. Very mature! Here's a reverse: how's his dick taste?

Aug 7, 2022, 23:22
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 23:22
Aug 7, 2022, 23:22

So which beloved pet did he run over?

Aug 7, 2022, 23:07
Rilcon

Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 23:07
Aug 7, 2022, 23:07
 Rilcon

Aug 7, 2022, 22:54
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 22:54
Aug 7, 2022, 22:54

It's just rather sad he has personality flaws/issues which turn him into a giant douche a lot of the time (well, at least online).

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2022, 23:16.

Aug 7, 2022, 22:33
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 22:33
Aug 7, 2022, 22:33

Aug 7, 2022, 21:50
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 21:50
Aug 7, 2022, 21:50

G.oZ wrote on Aug 7, 2022, 17:01:
Musk in his "oh shit" moment about legal troubles with Twitter, tries a desperate move to change the focus and create some more clickbait content, and muddy the waters in the lawsuit.

Twitter should just play smart and ignore everything from Musk that doesn't directly relate to their lawsuit, which would then be directed to their lawyers.

Or "We look forward to hearing your arguments in court"
I'm sure they will ignore him.
It's their best option while they're sitting in the driver's seat.
Just let Musk continue to embarrass himself with every tweet while acting like a petulant manchild.
Burrito of Peace

Aug 7, 2022, 21:28
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 21:28
Aug 7, 2022, 21:28

Love or hate Musk, he's a pretty smart guy, and I have a feeling he's really on to something.
Has anyone else noticed that instead of Twitter saying "Ok pay us the 1 billion for walking away from the deal", that they are wanting to force him to complete the purchase?

They no other choice, and I will remind you Elon forced them into it. Elon used their very own platform to devalue it, they have to move forward or suffer irreversible harm to their existence. I would force the baby to swallow his pill and smile after.

Edit: Rilcon correctly pointed this out before me.

Aug 7, 2022, 20:56
Rilcon

Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 20:56
Aug 7, 2022, 20:56
 Rilcon

Has anyone else noticed that instead of Twitter saying "Ok pay us the 1 billion for walking away from the deal", that they are wanting to force him to complete the purchase?
They are obligated to and would get sued by their shareholders if they didn't. This little ordeal, where Musk decided to waive his due diligence and just rush into the purchase when Twitter called his bluff, negatively affected the company's stock value to the point it's their responsibility to shareholders to pursue the completion of the sale.

Aug 7, 2022, 20:42
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 20:42
Aug 7, 2022, 20:42

WTF is with all the bitter queens?!?

Love or hate Musk, he's a pretty smart guy, and I have a feeling he's really on to something.

Aug 7, 2022, 20:17
Rilcon

Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 20:17
Aug 7, 2022, 20:17
 Rilcon

WebSoldier wrote on Aug 7, 2022, 20:01:
Give me a break, Twitter committed fraud! The twitter CEO definitely went into the sale with disclosing false facts and believing that the original price tag should be exist or lawsuit?!?! LOL HAHAHAHA! Have fun, your going to have a good lesson to learn! Be honest or don't bother trying to sell to Musk, never will happen!
I took psychic damage reading this.

Aug 7, 2022, 20:01
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 20:01
Aug 7, 2022, 20:01

Give me a break, Twitter committed fraud! The twitter CEO definitely went into the sale with disclosing false facts and believing that the original price tag should be exist or lawsuit?!?! LOL HAHAHAHA! Have fun, your going to have a good lesson to learn! Be honest or don't bother trying to sell to Musk, never will happen!

Aug 7, 2022, 18:50
Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2022, 18:50
Aug 7, 2022, 18:50

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 16, 2022, 08:42:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 9, 2022, 11:45:
... I find myself torn between being glad Musk won't buy Twitter and hoping he is forced to against his wishes.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older