Call of Duty: Warzone Dog Skin Plagiarism Follow-up

Here's a follow-up to the recent report alleging that a new Loyal Samoyed skin Activision planned to sell in Call of Duty: Warzone was plagiarized. References to the skin disappeared after the discovery, suggesting the accusations have merit. Now a tweet from CharlieIntel shares a statement from Activision confirming the removal. There's a suggestion that the plagiarism accusation has merit, but it's vague, as it seems apparent there is a hope this story will just go away:
Statement from Activision spokesperson: "We have the utmost respect for creativity and content creation. We love the Loyal Samoyed, but regrettably we erred in our process and have removed this imagery from the game. We apologize for the misstep."
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Dog Skin Plagiarism Follow-up
Aug 7, 2022, 01:15
Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Dog Skin Plagiarism Follow-up Aug 7, 2022, 01:15
Aug 7, 2022, 01:15

The lawyers sure do have some interesting priorities. I had to sue them just get a conversation going about unauthorized use of my logo for one of their paid emblems (COD: Ghosts). I would have been plenty happy working out a collab, but they spent the whole time wanting to pretend they did nothing wrong.
Troll signature removed. - For showing people their own quotes

Aug 6, 2022, 18:55
Kxmode

Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Dog Skin Plagiarism Follow-up Aug 6, 2022, 18:55
Aug 6, 2022, 18:55
 Kxmode

Yes, I read the article, and I know the developer didn't hire the artist. That doesn't matter. The publisher used the artist's concept work in promotional material (via the completed skin), likely resulting in people signing up to play because they saw that skin. And even though the skin is no longer in the game, those who started playing possibly made other purchases. Removing the skin isn't enough since the publisher received a financial gain in other areas. The publisher should compensate the artist regardless.
"What does Ramen mean? It means Japanese spaghetti."

Aug 6, 2022, 01:20
Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Dog Skin Plagiarism Follow-up Aug 6, 2022, 01:20
Aug 6, 2022, 01:20

Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2022, 22:23:
I hope this isn't a "Dear John" letter. Simply removing is not enough. That artist deserves to be paid for the work! Plenty of companies pay contracted concept artists for their work regardless of whether it is used in the final product.

Did you even read the original story?

A guy made a concept character 2 years ago (nothing to do with working for Activision/COD), and it got "borrowed" by Warzone.

Aug 5, 2022, 22:23
Kxmode

Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Dog Skin Plagiarism Follow-up Aug 5, 2022, 22:23
Aug 5, 2022, 22:23
 Kxmode

I hope this isn't a "Dear John" letter. Simply removing is not enough. That artist deserves to be paid for the work! Plenty of companies pay contracted concept artists for their work regardless of whether it is used in the final product.
"What does Ramen mean? It means Japanese spaghetti."
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older