Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Kickstarter

Frogwares has launched a Kickstarter to raise funds for Sherlock Holmes The Awakened, a new take on the Sherlock Holmes game of the same title that was released in 2007. Frogwares is a Ukrainian company, and the crowdfunding is a way of dealing with the impact of the Russian invasion: "For those of us on the team not serving in the military or with various humanitarian aid organizations, the only way we can fight back is by keeping our team creating." Here's word on how the remake will take the Lovecraftian themes of the original game with the Young Sherlock approach of the most recent game in the series:
For quite some time we’ve had the idea that our game from 16 years ago can be the perfect foundation for the continuation of our young Sherlock story arc that started with our latest game, Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (2021).

So we are taking this foundation and remaking The Awakened entirely from the ground up. On top of a slew of visual and gameplay changes, we are rewriting the story to be a direct continuation of our young Sherlock history, diving into the key events in his formative years that could have led him to become the flawed and broken genius we all know so well. We are also treating this game as the first real case Sherlock undertakes with Watson and making story changes to be more reflective of how such a harrowing endeavor could bring them closer together. Put simply, this is not a just remaster. It is a full-scale remake where the only assets from the original game we are using are the general case plots.
View : : :
1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Kickstarter
Aug 5, 2022, 09:25
Nucas

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Kickstarter Aug 5, 2022, 09:25
Aug 5, 2022, 09:25
 Nucas

i really wanted to get my portrait in the game, but the backer tier sold out as i was going for my wallet hahahah

don't think i've ever seen the pricey tiers for a game go so fast. kind of surprising, i've always thought frogwares games were kind of niche.
1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older