Out of the Blue

There's some serious activity outside the BlueTower today, as there's a team out there repaving the parking lot. This is overdue, as the lot had gotten so uneven over time that was impossible to completely clear it after snowfalls. But the view from my office faces the opposite way. This is ideal, as it overlooks the pond. But I'm just a little kid at heart, and I would enjoy watching the crew tear everything up with their cool heavy machinery. Oh well, I can still check in on them. And on the bright side, I'll be spared a lot of noise and smells along the way too.

Obituary: Margaret Keane, ‘big eyes’ artist, dies aged 94.

Pounding the Pavement Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Breakfast Link

Stories

Science
Thanks Max.

Media

View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: OotB: Smoothed over
Jun 30, 2022, 18:24
Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 30, 2022, 18:24
Jun 30, 2022, 18:24

Cruise ship in the air. Sure. All we need is Fusion power. Minor detail in their business plan.
- “The planet is fine. The people are fucked.” -George Carlin

Re: Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake.
Jun 30, 2022, 11:59
Re: Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake. Jun 30, 2022, 11:59
Jun 30, 2022, 11:59

1badmf wrote on Jun 29, 2022, 21:58:
also strawberry cheesecake is the best flavor of ben'n jerry's. just throwing that out there.
I was disappointed by strawberry cheesecake due to its lack of strawberries and cheesecake. I say that with the caveat that many of B&J’s ice creams have more fillings than actual ice cream and I find that disturbing.

Here are my best flavors - Half Baked, Cherry Garcia, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Chunky Monkey and Bourbon Pecan Pie
I lean heavily to the chocolate side.

https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/ice-cream-pints
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Jun 30, 2022, 10:10
Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 30, 2022, 10:10
Jun 30, 2022, 10:10

Oh brother...

These hikers said they did not understand why it was so cold and rainy in Colorado, because it has been ‘so hot in Texas’ where they hike all the time.
Rolleyes
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jun 30, 2022, 09:45
Re: Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake. Jun 30, 2022, 09:45
Jun 30, 2022, 09:45

1badmf wrote on Jun 30, 2022, 00:07:
the worst part is all these modern horrors are just disasters of our own making. people are embracing stupidity like never before. we actually live in a wonderful civilization if you look beneath the behavioral problems. but people can't seem to embrace peace and prosperity for its own sake; brotherhood is a sin and love is a curse, because somehow we've forgotten the lessons of WWII and treat different as alien and fearsome. and there is really nothing to be afraid of, except climate change. nothing else is a real existential threat to anyone if they'd just stop being afraid of it.
Except for Republicans, who resort to violence and try to get as many people as possible killed, including themselves, every chance they get. But more often than not, it's their fellow citizens who become their victims. Be afraid of them. They ruin everything they touch everywhere they go. Afterall, it's those confederate traitors who continue to aid and abet a deadly foreign invader by refusing to get vaccinated or wear a mask to protect those around them. They only ever think about themselves, with zero regard for the impacts of their own actions, entirely incapable of empathy. Guaranteed, those idiot hikers from Texas voted for the orange traitor. 😡

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Jun 30, 2022, 00:07
Re: Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake. Jun 30, 2022, 00:07
Jun 30, 2022, 00:07

the worst part is all these modern horrors are just disasters of our own making. people are embracing stupidity like never before. we actually live in a wonderful civilization if you look beneath the behavioral problems. but people can't seem to embrace peace and prosperity for its own sake; brotherhood is a sin and love is a curse, because somehow we've forgotten the lessons of WWII and treat different as alien and fearsome. and there is really nothing to be afraid of, except climate change. nothing else is a real existential threat to anyone if they'd just stop being afraid of it.

Jun 29, 2022, 22:02
Re: Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake. Jun 29, 2022, 22:02
Jun 29, 2022, 22:02

WannaLogAlready wrote on Jun 29, 2022, 20:20:
I desperately need good news to ligthen up my life, cause I finally began my slow suicide by ice cream spree.
Yep. Over the last few years I have watched/read less and less news. And since 2021 outside news on the pandemic, I've reduced near to zero. Frankly, every time I try to watch/read news on current events I can rarely last more than 10 minutes before I have to stop. I've said it before I'll say it again, despite the fact that probably every generation since language has been invented has said it, it seems like the end is near. The problems are piling up and some of them are compounding each other. I hope I'm wrong, that I am just another overacting old man, I likely will not live long enough to be sure that is the case..
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jun 29, 2022, 21:59
Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 29, 2022, 21:59
Jun 29, 2022, 21:59

Nullity wrote on Jun 29, 2022, 13:02:
16 Unbreakable Rules of Parking Lot Etiquette, According to Lifehacker Readers.
I agree with all of these. My personal biggest parking pet peeve: if there are people behind you, don't be an asshole by backing into the spot, just pull in like a normal considerate human.

the whole thing can be summarized as 'don't be a dick'. pretty much everybody knows when they're being selfish; don't be that guy.

Jun 29, 2022, 21:58
Re: Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake. Jun 29, 2022, 21:58
Jun 29, 2022, 21:58

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2022, 21:17:

I desperately need good news to ligthen up my life, cause I finally began my slow suicide by ice cream spree.

Ben and Jerry's is the fastest. Even the founders had to have quadruple bypass surgery to avoid death.

also strawberry cheesecake is the best flavor of ben'n jerry's. just throwing that out there.

Jun 29, 2022, 21:17
Re: Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake. Jun 29, 2022, 21:17
Jun 29, 2022, 21:17

Ben and Jerry's is the fastest. Even the founders had to have quadruple bypass surgery to avoid death.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jun 29, 2022, 20:47
Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 29, 2022, 20:47
Jun 29, 2022, 20:47

I agree with all of these. My personal biggest parking pet peeve: if there are people behind you, don't be an asshole by backing into the spot, just pull in like a normal considerate human.
I was driving behind this lady and we're at a strip mall where the stores are all lined up. I need to go to the one at the end. Even though there is a ton of open parking if you turn right she had to back into the open spot in front of the store on the left. By the time I realized what she was doing I was already blocking the spot, and the guy behind me was on my tail, so we all had to back up in turn to let her do this. She was literally the only one backed in for those storefront stalls. Some people.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake.
Jun 29, 2022, 20:20
Israel. 1st to pipe desalinated water into a natural lake. Jun 29, 2022, 20:20
Jun 29, 2022, 20:20

[url=https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-to-be-1st-in-world-to-pipe-desalinated-water-into-a-natural-lake-the-galilee]
Hope this project works famously, and see more of those begin.

Jun 29, 2022, 14:33
Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 29, 2022, 14:33
Jun 29, 2022, 14:33

Hiker rescuers denied Darwin
Who knew that if it was hot in one part of the United States that it could be cold in another.
What sort of satanic wizardry is this.
The best that Texas has to offer. Screw you Florida.
Daily Harvest Liver Liquidating and Gallbladder Gutting Lentils
“We don’t know what is actually harming people or what the long-term impacts on the liver might be.”

They'd better get to the bottom of it or it will happen again.

- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Jun 29, 2022, 13:58
Kxmode

Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 29, 2022, 13:58
Jun 29, 2022, 13:58
 Kxmode

Mine is two-fold.

1. People ninja-ing a space you've waited to enter. It's happened more than a few times. I was waiting to pull into the space (I even had my blinker on) when someone from the other side pulled into the spot. I move on in a sour mood, trying to find another spot.

2. People not knowing how to turn. Instead of doing as close to a 90-degree turn as possible, they do this "arc" maneuver that nearly hits my car. The worst are SUV drivers who don't understand the size of their vehicle relative to the distance of other cars. I keep reminding myself, "just because you have a driver's license doesn't mean you know how to drive."
"What does Ramen mean? It means Japanese spaghetti."

Jun 29, 2022, 13:49
Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 29, 2022, 13:49
Jun 29, 2022, 13:49

Marge: Are you comparing yourself to our Lord?
Homer: Well, in bowling ability, yes.

Jun 29, 2022, 13:48
Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 29, 2022, 13:48
Jun 29, 2022, 13:48

If assholes aren't tailgating you - as they shouldn't be - then it shouldn't be a problem. And if you're not backing in, you're backing out which can take just as much time if not more. People should always back in, you never know when you're going to need to get out in a hurry. The real problems are the fucking bastards who speed around the lot like it were some sort of rally race. Than at least a quarter of every lot is taken up by assholes who don't know how to drive - or more likely just selfish pieces of shit who don't care - and can take up anywhere from 2 to 4 spaces with how they park. Unless I'm in a real rush I always park out on the fringes and just walk to avoid all that shit and protect my ride.

Jun 29, 2022, 13:02
Re: OotB: Smoothed over Jun 29, 2022, 13:02
Jun 29, 2022, 13:02

Buy/HODL AMC! (Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor / this is not financial advice)
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older