FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam

Square Enix's FINAL FANTASY VII 25th Anniversary Celebration Stream has news about planned additions to the RPG series. This includes the launch of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE on Steam (with Steam Deck support), following an exclusive run on the Epic Games Store. The vast catalogue of games and remakes in this series gets more complex and confusing all the time, and today's news continues that grand tradition. There's also an Announcement Trailer for CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION, which is coming to Steam and consoles this (northern) winter. This reveals the FINAL FANTASY VII remake project is a trilogy. Here's an attempt to summarize the news from this press release:
Square Enix continued its celebration of FINAL FANTASY® VII today with a FINAL FANTASY VII 25th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION stream, featuring the first look at FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH for PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console, the sequel to 2020’s critically-acclaimed FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, the announcement of CRISIS CORE™ -FINAL FANTASY VII- REUNION , a HD remaster of the beloved prequel to FINAL FANTASY VII, a Steam Deck compatible version of FINAL FANTASY VII INTERGRADE for PC and much more.

Additionally, trailers for the mobile games FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS and FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER and exclusive FINAL FANTASY VII anniversary merchandise were also shown in the program.
View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam
Jun 19, 2022, 16:17
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 19, 2022, 16:17
Jun 19, 2022, 16:17

MacLeod wrote on Jun 18, 2022, 09:49:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2022, 03:13:
Okay, I'm totally confused. I played the original FFVII 20+ years ago, but none of anything in that trailer looks like the original gameplay, even if I recognize all of the characters. If I just wanted to play the original with better graphics, what would I get?

The trailer is for the FFVII Crisis Core remake. Crisis Core was the PSP game. Trailer pretty much looks the same as original gameplay-wise, with better graphics.

FFVII Remake is an odd beast. It's the Midgar section of FFVII, but with an odd twist as I explained below. Gameplay wise, you control one character and can switch between the one you're controlling at any time in combat. It's real-time in that you have to actually block, dodge, and attack. You build up your ATB bar, which lets you use your abilities and spells by attacking and blocking. You can turn on Classic mode, where the game takes care of the basic attacking and blocking for the character you control, if you just want to focus on using the abilities from the menu, at which point it plays a little more like original, but not exactly.
Thanks. So not a remake per se, more a reimagining.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jun 18, 2022, 09:49
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 18, 2022, 09:49
Jun 18, 2022, 09:49

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2022, 03:13:
Okay, I'm totally confused. I played the original FFVII 20+ years ago, but none of anything in that trailer looks like the original gameplay, even if I recognize all of the characters. If I just wanted to play the original with better graphics, what would I get?

The trailer is for the FFVII Crisis Core remake. Crisis Core was the PSP game. Trailer pretty much looks the same as original gameplay-wise, with better graphics.

FFVII Remake is an odd beast. It's the Midgar section of FFVII, but with an odd twist as I explained below. Gameplay wise, you control one character and can switch between the one you're controlling at any time in combat. It's real-time in that you have to actually block, dodge, and attack. You build up your ATB bar, which lets you use your abilities and spells by attacking and blocking. You can turn on Classic mode, where the game takes care of the basic attacking and blocking for the character you control, if you just want to focus on using the abilities from the menu, at which point it plays a little more like original, but not exactly.

Jun 18, 2022, 03:13
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 18, 2022, 03:13
Jun 18, 2022, 03:13

If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jun 18, 2022, 01:18
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 18, 2022, 01:18
Jun 18, 2022, 01:18

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 17, 2022, 13:57:
MacLeod wrote on Jun 17, 2022, 13:31:
I really wish they made this FF7 experiment a normal remake, instead of this weird alternate timeline thing that the first game goes into.

Wait... what?

If you want to get spoilers you can certainly look them up, but there are mostly just theories right now on what the rest of the story will be based on what is in Part 1. For the most part the story beats are the same, but there is some extra added weirdness that did leave me scratching my head. Mostly I think 'the weird stuff' is just an elaborate illusion created by Sephiroth/Jenova's powers. Other than that, the new take on the combat mechanics has a good and intense 'fun' factor to it, the re-orchestrated music track are total bangers, the interactions of the characters excellent, decent voice work.

I will always recommend people new to FF7 just play the original since I prefer it, but I do enjoy the 're-imagining' of FF7 for what it is as well. They definitely put a lot of passion into this project.

Jun 18, 2022, 01:10
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 18, 2022, 01:10
Jun 18, 2022, 01:10

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 17, 2022, 13:16:
My question is whether this a one-time purchase which will include the extra two chapters as they are released (+ waiting for exclusives to expire for Steam) or if it's going to be an individual purchase which would be pretty lousy.

No, this is only for part 1. Think of this as like the Mass Effect Trilogy. "Part 2" , i.e. "Rebirth" is the next full game. Each of these are like 30-40 hr experiences (80 if you are trying to do everything/platinum/achievements). However, I would hazard a guess that by 2024-25 there will be a full "Complete" Trilogy once it is all done.

Jun 17, 2022, 22:56
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 22:56
Jun 17, 2022, 22:56

Square is more out of touch than Donald Trump, and people just keep eating the shit up.. very unfortunate.

Jun 17, 2022, 20:00
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 20:00
Jun 17, 2022, 20:00

Comments are sounding like the port isn't very well done. Anyone tried it yet using a keyboard/mouse? Also, $70 for the base price sucks.

Jun 17, 2022, 19:29
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 19:29
Jun 17, 2022, 19:29

Wait... what?
It's a sequel, not a remake, and every single change they made ruins the impact of the original. Life long Compilation VII fan, and while the combat and presentation was great, this was easily the worst game in the Compilation collection.

Jun 17, 2022, 17:23
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 17:23
Jun 17, 2022, 17:23

Yeah, will also just wait for the complete trilogy, at a discount.

Jun 17, 2022, 15:35
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 15:35
Jun 17, 2022, 15:35

I really wish they made this FF7 experiment a normal remake, instead of this weird alternate timeline thing that the first game goes into.

Wait... what?

Remake is an expanded retelling of the Midgar section of FF7. throughout the game, there are weird ghost things that sometimes help you, sometime are against you... to quote wikipedia, because it's a bit cumbersome to explain:

"The group meets a talking wolf-like creature called Red XIII (Max Mittelman/Kappei Yamaguchi), who explains that the ghostly entities are called Whispers. They exist to ensure that the course of destiny is not altered, by correcting any deviations from this course. Meanwhile, Sephiroth infiltrates Shinra and steals a mysterious entity known as "Jenova", connected to the extinction of the Cetra.

In a confrontation at the top of Shinra headquarters, Sephiroth murders the president of Shinra. Shinra's son Rufus (Josh Bowman/Tōru Ōkawa) assumes control of the company and fights Cloud, but is defeated. Cloud and his allies flee the scene via the Midgar Expressway, but find Sephiroth waiting for them at the end. After defeating Whisper Harbinger, an entity formed by an amalgam of Whispers, Cloud's group battles Sephiroth. Sephiroth separates Cloud from the group, asking him to join him and defy fate. Cloud refuses and fights Sephiroth, but is defeated, although Sephiroth spares him and departs. Meanwhile, as Cloud's group leaves Midgar to stop Sephiroth,[13] SOLDIER Zack Fair (Caleb Pierce/Kenichi Suzumura) defeats an army of Shinra forces, and departs with Cloud to Midgar.[14]

Intergrade adds additional ending scenes showing Cloud and his group arriving at the village of Kalm after hitching a ride with Chocobo Bill, and Zack entering the Sector 5 church searching for Aerith."

Jun 17, 2022, 14:05
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 14:05
Jun 17, 2022, 14:05

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 17, 2022, 13:16:
My question is whether this a one-time purchase which will include the extra two chapters as they are released (+ waiting for exclusives to expire for Steam) or if it's going to be an individual purchase which would be pretty lousy.

The main game remake is three, full-price standalone titles. Then this Crisis Core Reunion thing is a remake of a spin-off story originally released for PSP in 2007, so a fourth one. Add in the mobile games and books and other related stuff.. They're milking the fuck out of FF7.

Jun 17, 2022, 13:57
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 13:57
Jun 17, 2022, 13:57

Wait... what?

Jun 17, 2022, 13:31
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 13:31
Jun 17, 2022, 13:31

It's just the Remake title, some extra items and the Yuffie DLC, so it doesn't include the next two games in the trilogy (which have different names)

I hope the Crisis Core game is still the original game with updated graphics (they say it's a remaster, so hopefully it is.)

Jun 17, 2022, 13:27
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 13:27
Jun 17, 2022, 13:27

Looks like the EGS release bugs, have been fixed ?

Jun 17, 2022, 13:16
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE a Trilogy; INTERGRADE on Steam Jun 17, 2022, 13:16
Jun 17, 2022, 13:16

If you decide to buy it check the Steam forums where you can find extra extra discount codes from GMG which total to 40% off which makes it cheaper than the Steam sale presently going on.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1462040/discussions/0/4748497451434978042/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older