Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced

The BioWare Blog announces the developer's next adventure will be Dragon Age: Dreadwolf, a new installment in the RPG series. This title for Dragon Age 4 has apparently been in the planning stages for a while, as the news pays off on a tweet from a few years ago. There's no release date, but we're told it will not arrive in 2022. There's not much more to the announcement besides the game's official title, but we're told to expect more information later this year:
Solas, the Dread Wolf. Some say he might be an ancient elven god, but some say not. Others say a betrayer of his people…or a savior who now seeks to rescue them at the cost of your world. His motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable, earning him a reputation as something of a trickster deity—a player of dark and dangerous games.

Whether you’re new to Dragon Age™ stories or you’ve experienced them all, using Solas’s namesake no doubt suggests a spectrum of endless possibilities on where things may go. But at the core of this, like every past game, is you. If you’re new to Dragon Age, you have no need to worry about not having met our antagonist just yet. He’ll properly introduce himself when the time is right, but we did hint at his return when we announced #TheDreadWolfRises back in 2018.
View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced
Jun 5, 2022, 18:48
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 5, 2022, 18:48
Jun 5, 2022, 18:48

Dragon Age!!

Dragon Age 2!

dragon age 3

Dreadwolf???

Jun 3, 2022, 14:33
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 14:33
Jun 3, 2022, 14:33

Fion wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 12:09:
Jonjonz wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 06:25:
I have DA: Origins and Inquisition. Origins had so many bugs when I played it and with all the negative reaction to Inquisition, I never even bothered firing that up. My money says this next one will be buggy, or a woofer, or both.

Inquisition isn't bad, there is some really good stuff in there. But at the same time it was obviously designed initially to be an MMO, as it's loaded with pointless kill/fetch/collect quests, distinct 'zones' that each have a dragon boss (that are all basically identical in how the fight), and a pretty generic big bad.. Also, the promises of a world that changes based on your actions & choices just isn't actually there save for very few distinct moments where it's obvious.

That said, the main story is solid, there are some wonderful companions, once you get a castle there are some really interesting scenes that can play out. It's definitely worth a play at least once if your a fan of the setting

That said, none of the titles have come close to touching the greatness that was Origins.

Yeah you have to get past that first zone once you get the castle and the game gets better. There are some good things in it and some of the characters are fascinating. The companion stories more or less kept me going through all of it. The subplot with Cassandra and the trashy romance books from Varric was funny as hell. Some of the writing was pretty good away from the main plot amusingly enough.

Jun 3, 2022, 12:09
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 12:09
Jun 3, 2022, 12:09

Jonjonz wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 06:25:
I have DA: Origins and Inquisition. Origins had so many bugs when I played it and with all the negative reaction to Inquisition, I never even bothered firing that up. My money says this next one will be buggy, or a woofer, or both.

Inquisition isn't bad, there is some really good stuff in there. But at the same time it was obviously designed initially to be an MMO, as it's loaded with pointless kill/fetch/collect quests, distinct 'zones' that each have a dragon boss (that are all basically identical in how the fight), and a pretty generic big bad.. Also, the promises of a world that changes based on your actions & choices just isn't actually there save for very few distinct moments where it's obvious.

That said, the main story is solid, there are some wonderful companions, once you get a castle there are some really interesting scenes that can play out. It's definitely worth a play at least once if your a fan of the setting

That said, none of the titles have come close to touching the greatness that was Origins.

Jun 3, 2022, 09:29
Verno

Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 09:29
Jun 3, 2022, 09:29
 Verno

1badmf wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 06:57:
unpopular opinion: all the old bioware RPGs were vastly overrated. superficial flash bang with not much substance. if someone wants to take them in a new direction i'm all for it.

It's not really an unpopular opinion so much as one that seems to lack foundation. What about them did you find shallow or lacking in substance? I can think of many flaws but substance isn't among them.
Playing: Elden Ring, HZD: FW, Kingdom Rush series
Watching: Severance, The IT Crowd, The Batman

Jun 3, 2022, 06:57
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 06:57
Jun 3, 2022, 06:57

unpopular opinion: all the old bioware RPGs were vastly overrated. superficial flash bang with not much substance. if someone wants to take them in a new direction i'm all for it.

Jun 3, 2022, 06:40
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 06:40
Jun 3, 2022, 06:40

Let me guess it will feature a city hub with a limited number of NPCs who will be your mission givers, and then you will venture out into the "open" world (which will actually be gated and mostly not open) for some cool loot and great quest rewards.

If this game doesn't suck out of the gate I will be very surprised, but I seriously doubt it. Good RPGs are few and far between, but I'll just mention two fairly modern ones that this has to beat to be a blip on my radar, Kingdom Come Deliverance, and the Witcher 3. I seriously doubt it will come even close to either.

Jun 3, 2022, 06:25
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 06:25
Jun 3, 2022, 06:25

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Jun 3, 2022, 04:42
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 04:42
Jun 3, 2022, 04:42

I struggled to beat Inquisition/DA3, and never went back to play it again, unlike the first game. I'd like to think they could return the series to its former glory (as brief as it was), but calling that development studio "BioWare" is like trying to pass off a fast food cheeseburger as filet mignon.

I'll keep my eye on it though. Read the reviews whenever it comes out and see what the consensus is. If they bring back the non-linearity, player choice, fast paced but strategic combat, and leave the wokeness at home, then I'll probably buy it.

Not holding my breath though.

Jun 3, 2022, 03:49
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 03:49
Jun 3, 2022, 03:49

JeffD wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 03:06:
Pfft.. lets not give these guys any hype. They suckered everyone in there last game and made no attempt to fix it, no reason they wouldnt again. bioware is game dev poison.
What last game we even talking about here? Because the list of games they dropped "last" is longer than 1

Jun 3, 2022, 03:06
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 3, 2022, 03:06
Jun 3, 2022, 03:06

Pfft.. lets not give these guys any hype. They suckered everyone in there last game and made no attempt to fix it, no reason they wouldnt again. bioware is game dev poison.

Jun 2, 2022, 23:20
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 2, 2022, 23:20
Jun 2, 2022, 23:20

Sum of a BITCH! So sick of this W0KE shit!

Jun 2, 2022, 23:09
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 2, 2022, 23:09
Jun 2, 2022, 23:09

I'm way to old and jaded to get onboard the hype train when they've announced a game. Lemme know a couple of days before it launches and I'll watch a review or two (no pre-launch reviews=no day 1 buy).

Kinda an anti-kickstarter vibe here. You deliver, I pay.

Jun 2, 2022, 23:05
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 2, 2022, 23:05
Jun 2, 2022, 23:05

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 2, 2022, 19:03:
Well, old school Bioware is retired or dead, so I don't have much hope for this at all. Good luck though!

Yeah, that's about the size of it, isn't it?

Jun 2, 2022, 19:03
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 2, 2022, 19:03
Jun 2, 2022, 19:03

Well, old school Bioware is retired or dead, so I don't have much hope for this at all. Good luck though!

Jun 2, 2022, 18:15
Jim
Re: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Announced Jun 2, 2022, 18:15
Jun 2, 2022, 18:15
Jim

Hmmm, this should be interesting. Hope they don't botch the game. The first had such memorable scenes, I still occasionally think about them and how they made me feel. Kind of hope they have Morrigan and Leliana as companions this time around, instead of NPCs
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older