Diablo Immortal Open Beta

Open beta testing of the PC edition of Diablo Immortal is now underway, following the release of the mobile editions of this action/MMORPG. You can pick this up for free from the CPU-intensive Diablo Immortal Website, where you can also find the mobile versions. Here's a new Launch Trailer to introduce this mobile-first entry in the series. The official announcement has word on a bonus new players can earn:
The Lord of Terror has been defeated, but darker days lie ahead for Sanctuary’s newest heroes. Diablo® Immortal™, the latest, all-new entry in Blizzard Entertainment’s iconic Diablo franchise, is live and available for download free on iOS™ and Android™ mobile platforms, and in open beta on Windows® PC via Battle.net®, throughout most regions of the world, with select Asia-Pacific regions coming June 22.

In celebration of the launch and in gratitude to the more than 35 million people who pre-registered for Diablo Immortal, all players who log in to the game and complete the tutorial within the next 30 days will be able to deck out their characters to battle demons in style with the ceremonial Horadrim Cosmetic Set.
View : : :
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta
Jun 4, 2022, 17:30
Jivaro

Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 4, 2022, 17:30
Jun 4, 2022, 17:30
 Jivaro

I can understand that bigger perspective approach to it.

Re: Diablo Immoral Open Beta
Jun 4, 2022, 04:59
Re: Diablo Immoral Open Beta Jun 4, 2022, 04:59
Jun 4, 2022, 04:59

Jivaro wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 22:46:
As for the P2W, if I am playing solo...I don't care what other people do.
In the case of predatory microtransactions, P2W isn't about comparing yourself to other players, it's about the ability to meaningfully progress (ie. your damage and health vs enemy damage and health). And for the most egregious cases, the P2W paywall starts in the early levels and ramps up hard before you're even halfway through the campaign. In any such game the player will be showered with rewards and different currencies early on while also making the gameplay easy to get into. But after a couple of hours of honeymoon, the difficulty will ramp up and the rewards will slow down.

It's abusing the Sunk Cost Fallacy. And those susceptible to this kind of manipulation are what the publisher is really after. Because those people will be willing to spend thousands of dollars just to not lose something they spent a lot of time on.

Jun 3, 2022, 22:46
Jivaro

Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 22:46
Jun 3, 2022, 22:46
 Jivaro

I am having fun with it so far in short stretches on tablet. I could see this being my new killing time mobile app provided I can continue playing solo and whenever I want without having to pay. I don't mind paying for costume stuff because its optional. As for the P2W, if I am playing solo...I don't care what other people do. They can pay for whatever they want. I think Blizzard is a pile of shit as well but everybody else is making a diablo clone on mobile and cashing in, I don't see why Blizzard shouldn't do the same thing. Literally money left on the table if they dont make this game.

tl;dr; I mean, fuck Bobby K and all that, but this is a pretty fun mobile game in my completely subjective opinion.

Jun 3, 2022, 13:06
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 13:06
Jun 3, 2022, 13:06

This game uses all the techniques in the youtube video "Let's Go Whaling." It's a highly predatory monetization. The game was developed with NetEase and if you know anything about NetEase you know what they are all about monetizing and exploiting human psychology.

Jun 3, 2022, 10:29
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 10:29
Jun 3, 2022, 10:29

Played it for about an hour or so. My impressions:

Negatives:
-Several menus say "tap here", and there's no proper controller navigation in them. This was clearly a scramble port to PC, knowing Blizzard, they'll clean a LOT of that crap up over time.
-Controller support is weird, there's a permanent lag with everything you do, and sometimes it forgets you're pressing buttons. Also it has no deadzone, and your character is either stock still or full speed, so if your controller has even the HINT of being off-center, your character bolts away from the chest you were opening.
-You can't select where your base attack fires (I made a Demon Hunter), but you CAN adjust all special attacks with the right thumbstick.
-Framerate is wonky if left "unlimited". Locking it to 60 on my laptop made it run smoothly.

Positives:
-Looks much, much better than Diablo 3. It's zoomed in a bit too closely for my taste, but that may change over time for the PC side. Lighting and models look fantastic. On Cellphones, there's a high resolution texture pack that doesn't install with the game, and so it looks pretty bad until you install it.
-Deckard Cain!

I wasn't expecting this game to show up on PC at all, so when they announced it was coming to PC a couple weeks ago, I had HOPED it had been planned in secret for a while. It's pretty clear that's not true. It may evolve into a decent game on PC, or it may be the same mobile-port crap interface forever. Dunno. Blizzard tends to not let stuff come out in this poor of shape, but it's also FTP, so...there's always some slack to be given there. Dunno how grindy or P2W the late game will be. Right now all I saw for sale was cosmetics.
Visually, it gives me a lot of hope that D4 is gonna look incredible. This one looks quite good, and it's made to run on cellphones (albeit at far lower framerates than we get on PC).

The port to get excited about is the PS5 remastered Spider-man that's coming in August to PC.

Jun 3, 2022, 10:05
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 10:05
Jun 3, 2022, 10:05

TheBigVlad wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 07:32:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 07:05:
I hope this fails, but it's mobile and it's Blizzard. It can't fail.

Financially, it will be the most successful Diablo game ever made, by a country mile. I hope I'm wrong though.
And only because it's going to be a total mess of P2W "micro"transactions. Some of the math I've seen claims that you won't be able to max out a character in a reasonable timeframe (less than a year playing daily) without spending several thousand $.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no t in the title of the game.

Jun 3, 2022, 09:03
Ash
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 09:03
Jun 3, 2022, 09:03
Ash

I refuse to give them even 0.1 dollars for this. Not a dime from me.

Jun 3, 2022, 07:32
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 07:32
Jun 3, 2022, 07:32

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 07:05:

Financially, it will be the most successful Diablo game ever made, by a country mile. I hope I'm wrong though.

Jun 3, 2022, 07:05
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 07:05
Jun 3, 2022, 07:05

Jun 3, 2022, 06:44
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 06:44
Jun 3, 2022, 06:44

Eh. Got a coworker playing it.
His words are "It's... ok? For a Mobile Diablo game?"

That's it. Not 'It sucks.' Not 'Oh man you gotta play this.' Just 'It's... ok?'

Glowing praise. -.-
Apr 14, 2022, 12:31
Sempai
"i hope this ones good. I'm ready for the farts and dildos! "

Jun 3, 2022, 05:39
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 05:39
Jun 3, 2022, 05:39

Frijoles wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 00:25:
I hate to admit these days to being a Blizzard fanboy, but damn. This game is pure garbage. I think it cured me of that. Was I crazy or were there no settings at all? I didn't even bother starting a game because the main "menu" looked like a blurry mess. Lasted about 2 minutes on my computer.

There are a few basic settings you can change once you start a game (can't do it from the main menu). However, you can't change resolution. You can't make it look like a PC game. The UI is pure garbage. I think it's silly to just excuse that away, as some people seem to be doing, just because it's a mobile port. If it sucks, it sucks. And it sucks.

Jun 3, 2022, 05:11
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 05:11
Jun 3, 2022, 05:11

ok so, I played an hour or so. Its.. not too bad. The open world is open to many players like an MMO, while dungeons will ask if you want to que up for match making.

I was having a good time but I doubt I will see such complex builds like diablo 3. Having 4 skill buttons plus main attack and no resources afaik lends it twards a cooldown oriented action rpg. Not totally bad.
It will be hard to tell whats p2w in the later game but not much is known now. Anyone who claims its p2w now is just pulling your dick.

Jun 3, 2022, 01:51
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 01:51
Jun 3, 2022, 01:51

Scholander wrote on Jun 2, 2022, 23:17:
Bleh. It's not good. Feels like it's like an Android emulation thing, on PC. So, graphics are crap, and it's super pushed in, compared to D3, but still stuttery and muddy controls. I don't know how many hundreds of hours I have in D3, but I'm taking a hard pass on this unless it one day becomes a proper PC version.

Diablo 3 IS the "proper PC version," lol. The whole point was to dumb that game down to be playable on phones, with their tiny screens and touch controls. It is somewhat technically impressive and still beats the hell out of most other mobile games, but there is very little reason for anyone to play it on a platform that already has D3.

Jun 3, 2022, 00:58
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 00:58
Jun 3, 2022, 00:58

Frijoles wrote on Jun 3, 2022, 00:25:
I hate to admit these days to being a Blizzard fanboy, but damn. This game is pure garbage. I think it cured me of that. Was I crazy or were there no settings at all? I didn't even bother starting a game because the main "menu" looked like a blurry mess. Lasted about 2 minutes on my computer.
I've played a bit of the Android beta. There are lots of graphical options on the mobile version, and they certainly help it to look a lot better, but it cooks my ROG gaming phone. Doesn't look too bad, but the default settings sure do. Not sure I want to check out the PC version.

Jun 3, 2022, 00:25
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 3, 2022, 00:25
Jun 3, 2022, 00:25

Jun 2, 2022, 23:17
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 2, 2022, 23:17
Jun 2, 2022, 23:17

Bleh. It's not good. Feels like it's like an Android emulation thing, on PC. So, graphics are crap, and it's super pushed in, compared to D3, but still stuttery and muddy controls. I don't know how many hundreds of hours I have in D3, but I'm taking a hard pass on this unless it one day becomes a proper PC version.

Jun 2, 2022, 22:32
Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 2, 2022, 22:32
Jun 2, 2022, 22:32

Word is that it is P2W garbage. Hard pass.

Jun 2, 2022, 22:14
Ant

Re: Diablo Immortal Open Beta Jun 2, 2022, 22:14
Jun 2, 2022, 22:14
 Ant

Huh? I didn't know a PC port was planned. Will it be free too?
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older