Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD

A series of tweets from Mat Piscatella relates a bunch of reporting from the NPD Group on game sales, noting that: "April 2022 consumer spending across video game hardware, content and accessories declined 8% when compared to a year ago, to $4.3 billion. Hardware gains were unable to offset declines in content and accessories spending." One particularly interesting tidbit is this tweet noting that besides being the bestselling game of the year so far, Elden Ring has sold more units over the last 12 months than Call of Duty: Vanguard:
US NPD PREMIUM GAMES - Elden Ring was the 2nd best-selling title of April 2022. Elden Ring remains the best-selling game of 2022 year-to-date and has surpassed Call of Duty: Vanguard to become the best-selling premium game of the trailing 12-month period ending April 2022.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD
May 14, 2022, 12:46
Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD May 14, 2022, 12:46
May 14, 2022, 12:46

Brah, what an achievement I guess, considering CP2077 has sold more copies than this steamer.

May 14, 2022, 12:30
Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD May 14, 2022, 12:30
May 14, 2022, 12:30

Flo wrote on May 14, 2022, 11:29:
Isshin the Sword Saint, best ending (I used a guide)

Well kudos to you, since that's the hardest one ;p

May 14, 2022, 11:29
Flo

Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD May 14, 2022, 11:29
May 14, 2022, 11:29
 Flo

Isshin the Sword Saint, best ending (I used a guide)
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

May 14, 2022, 10:48
Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD May 14, 2022, 10:48
May 14, 2022, 10:48

WaltSee wrote on May 13, 2022, 19:56:
The pandemic lockdowns created a special situation last year that isn't normal, of course. Hardware and software sales were way above normal from people trapped in their homes. Comparing this year to last year is sort of useless because of that. Actually, the first quarter for hardware and software sales is traditionally a dead, flat quarter, considering the first quarter comes right after the Christmas quarter at the end of the year.
I agree, people cooped up in their homes have bought tons of software to cope with the situation. Will continue to see bumps in sales with CoD releases, sports games, and GTA, because that is what appeals to the general user.

May 14, 2022, 03:43
Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD May 14, 2022, 03:43
May 14, 2022, 03:43

Flo wrote on May 14, 2022, 02:03:
heroin wrote on May 14, 2022, 01:14:
I think that's awesome. Still haven't beaten Elden Ring, pretty close I think but not there yet and then I started a playthrough of Sekiro and after ER, I was
thoroughly enjoying it. I bounced off of it hard the first time I played it. Which speaks to how good the ER intro is to the From formula. Limgrave
is almost like this decade's sick & depressed Elywnn Forest.
I also beat Elden Ring and started Sekiro again after quitting it on the PC at about 30% a year ago. Bought it again on the Series X - quick resume is a killer feature in this case.
I actually like Sekiro a bit more due to the focused combat system and boss battles that do not so much rely on grinding XP.
Now I'm facing the final boss. Will probably take me another year

Final Boss.. heh For which ending path ,p

May 14, 2022, 02:03
Flo

Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD May 14, 2022, 02:03
May 14, 2022, 02:03
 Flo

heroin wrote on May 14, 2022, 01:14:
I think that's awesome. Still haven't beaten Elden Ring, pretty close I think but not there yet and then I started a playthrough of Sekiro and after ER, I was
thoroughly enjoying it. I bounced off of it hard the first time I played it. Which speaks to how good the ER intro is to the From formula. Limgrave
I also beat Elden Ring and started Sekiro again after quitting it on the PC at about 30% a year ago. Bought it again on the Series X - quick resume is a killer feature in this case.
I actually like Sekiro a bit more due to the focused combat system and boss battles that do not so much rely on grinding XP.
Now I'm facing the final boss. Will probably take me another year
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

May 14, 2022, 01:14
Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD May 14, 2022, 01:14
May 14, 2022, 01:14

May 13, 2022, 19:56
Re: Elden Ring Runs Rings Around CoD May 13, 2022, 19:56
May 13, 2022, 19:56

The pandemic lockdowns created a special situation last year that isn't normal, of course. Hardware and software sales were way above normal from people trapped in their homes. Comparing this year to last year is sort of useless because of that. Actually, the first quarter for hardware and software sales is traditionally a dead, flat quarter, considering the first quarter comes right after the Christmas quarter at the end of the year. And actually, AMD had a bang-up, record-breaking first quarter, with Lisa Su saying in the quarterly report that their sales were driven by CPUs & GPUs, primarily. In the future, she says, AMD will be breaking these into separate categories. Intel had a fairly decent quarter, too, but lost business in client computing sales and of course Intel at this date has no income at all from discrete GPUs. Supposedly those products will be coming at the end of the summer, or thereabouts, Intel says. So, I don't see any reason to be concerned with the direction of the computer hardware and software markets--they are robust and AMD, at least, has an exciting product portfolio coming up this year. Su also said that she expects this year to be AMD's most profitable year yet, which bodes very well for Zen 4 and RDNA3, imo.
It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older