17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Quoteworthy
Apr 30, 2022, 22:12
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 30, 2022, 22:12
Apr 30, 2022, 22:12

Twitter will once again be misinformation and crazy racist central with the return of Alex Jones, white supremacist David Duke,
the guy responsible for the coup on January 6, Steve Bannon and Marjorie Greene.
It will not not be glorious.
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Apr 30, 2022, 16:38
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 30, 2022, 16:38
Apr 30, 2022, 16:38

Jim wrote on Apr 30, 2022, 09:37:
LOL Elon Musk, sued for calling someone a "Pedo Guy" on twitter. Conspiracy theorists seem to love calling everyone else pedos and believe they should be able to do it without consequences even though their followers completely believe it, not requiring any type of factual basis. That is the free speech he wants to bring back to twitter.
I'm no fan of conspiracy theorists, but you seem to be missing the part where way more people on Twitter get away with calling anyone they disagree with a Nazi, white supremacist/racist, transphobe, etc. Perhaps we can agree both extremes are bad.

Apr 30, 2022, 16:12
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 30, 2022, 16:12
Apr 30, 2022, 16:12

Beamer wrote on Apr 30, 2022, 09:19:
Just block that guy. He lives in his own warped reality. Google him and watch his "fair and balanced" YouTube videos in which he says things as warped as he does here.

Plus, "reee?" That's what this guy, of all people, wants to go with?

Some people just fail at life and try their best to bring everyone else down with them

And like clockwork you show up to add nothing to the conversation. Ya here to try and tell us how not leftist Twitter is too? Lol and then try and lecture me about warped reality......
Yea apparently I really bring everyone down saying I look forward to Twitter having a more fair and consistent moderation policy.

Just taking time to appreciate the irony of people complaining about a Musk "free speech" takeover causing more racism, hate speech, and doxing when in reality leftists just fear the idea of suddenly not being able to openly do all of the above to everyone they disagree with.

Apr 30, 2022, 09:37
Jim
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 30, 2022, 09:37
Apr 30, 2022, 09:37
Jim

LOL Elon Musk, sued for calling someone a "Pedo Guy" on twitter. Conspiracy theorists seem to love calling everyone else pedos and believe they should be able to do it without consequences even though their followers completely believe it, not requiring any type of factual basis. That is the free speech he wants to bring back to twitter.

Apr 30, 2022, 09:19
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 30, 2022, 09:19
Apr 30, 2022, 09:19

Just block that guy. He lives in his own warped reality. Google him and watch his "fair and balanced" YouTube videos in which he says things as warped as he does here.

Plus, "reee?" That's what this guy, of all people, wants to go with?

Some people just fail at life and try their best to bring everyone else down with them

Apr 30, 2022, 04:05
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 30, 2022, 04:05
Apr 30, 2022, 04:05

There may be a problem with those studies linked earlier, related to this:
How to Detect Politically Biased Psychology

Apr 30, 2022, 01:05
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 30, 2022, 01:05
Apr 30, 2022, 01:05

Hardline Mike wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 22:36:
milspecmonkey wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 21:32:
The only thing crazy here is using so many words and links to try and argue against the obvious reality

"Words and links" is a pretty dismissive way to refer to actual data when not providing any of your own.

Anyway on the topic at hand, Elon Musk buying Twitter will sort itself out. Ultimately people self-sort on these platforms. This is why platforms with no moderation never take off. The only early adopters are Nazis and other reprobates who literally have no other choice, which doesn't make for an attractive place for normal people to congregate and drown out the vocal minority. Most likely, it won't be as free speech as Musk says because it's simply bad for business. He isn't paying tens of billions of dollars just so he can unload it for tens of millions in 10 years. But if he does follow through, then he probably kills the platform, which is the only way any competitor will ever take its place. Either way, there is clearly a demand for something like Twitter, so either he continues to supply that demand or someone else does.

It is because in context to this topic, every link was just nonsense wordplay or not even about Twitter. Seriously, trying to say Twitter isn't controlled by the left is like trying to have a debate that Fox News isn't controlled by the right....it is a ridiculous debate.

Vox (a leftist site) Confirming Tech Lefties are indeed a thing, Twitter notably having 98.7% of employee donations going to the democratic party. Which is no surprise to anyone with any observation skills. Tech employees are much more liberal than their employers
Despite the headline inferring there is some sort of rift between company and employee politics, the article later concedes "Why the difference?
A company's PAC donations have less to do with supporting a specific party than with accessing those in power. "

And while there, might as well toss in this classic: Twitter is so liberal that its conservative employees ‘don’t feel safe to express their opinions,’
"But the people who build Twitter are biased, Dorsey admitted in an interview last month, saying out loud what everyone already knew: Twitter, like most tech companies in Silicon Valley, has a lot more left-leaning employees than right-leaners."

We are on agreement that free speech anarchy zones don't work out for mass appeal, however there seems to be a divide that some people think the way Twitter currently moderates is "correct" when the majority people actually see Twitter as highly biased, and once more fair and consistent would actually attract more users. A lot of people sure seem to forget Twitter wasn't such a polarized place until the Tumblr refugees came.

Funny you mention "for normal people to congregate and drown out the vocal minority" as Twitter is the only place I've seen where if something is trending that the left don't like they will spam the hashtag with KPOP or similar nonsense as a direct attempt to silence broad subjects they don't agree with.

Apr 29, 2022, 22:58
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 22:58
Apr 29, 2022, 22:58

GaianElite wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 16:37:
“We spent months and years cultivating our audiences on this platform, we’re very concerned that they might choose to leave it behind in fear of even more abuse at the excuse of ‘free speech.’ The same goes for brands, as it’s still unclear what some of these features would mean for content moderation and reporting, which is already an issue today.”

How did game companies advertise to consumers before Twitter?

Not on public forums like Twitter... They would run an announcement on their own controlled site and then let places like Blue's News here pick up the story and have their own moderated comment sections if desired.
If for some reason Twitter does start to get out of control and become an (even more) unwelcoming place, brands and individuals aren't going to want to use that as a primary venue for announcements and community engagement. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but that seems to be what this piece is about, right?

Apr 29, 2022, 22:36
NKD
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 22:36
Apr 29, 2022, 22:36
NKD

milspecmonkey wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 21:32:
The only thing crazy here is using so many words and links to try and argue against the obvious reality

"Words and links" is a pretty dismissive way to refer to actual data when not providing any of your own.

Anyway on the topic at hand, Elon Musk buying Twitter will sort itself out. Ultimately people self-sort on these platforms. This is why platforms with no moderation never take off. The only early adopters are Nazis and other reprobates who literally have no other choice, which doesn't make for an attractive place for normal people to congregate and drown out the vocal minority. Most likely, it won't be as free speech as Musk says because it's simply bad for business. He isn't paying tens of billions of dollars just so he can unload it for tens of millions in 10 years. But if he does follow through, then he probably kills the platform, which is the only way any competitor will ever take its place. Either way, there is clearly a demand for something like Twitter, so either he continues to supply that demand or someone else does.
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Apr 29, 2022, 21:32
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 21:32
Apr 29, 2022, 21:32

Xylemon wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 20:24:

Anyway if you post more crazy, I won't be around to respond, I have a life that isn't centered around misconstruing things so I can be angry at them.

The only thing crazy here is using so many words and links to try and argue against the obvious reality that Twitter is indeed a leftist controlled site. Anyone making even the most lazy attempt at analysis can see everyday "trending" is basically hand picked leftist promotion and then having endless examples of lopsided moderation where somehow the Taliban get a pass. Twitter employees are literally actively tweeting about their displeasure in the possibility of not being able to censor those they don't like. Thus every other point you have attempted is just garbage on top of a house of cards. Being anti-hate speech is great when you control the platform and get to claim everyone disagreeing with you is promoting hate speech.

I'm looking forward to hearing about all the other suppression details not publicly released yet, which will make this thread that much better.

Apr 29, 2022, 20:24
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 20:24
Apr 29, 2022, 20:24

milspecmonkey wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 19:15:
It is a collective leftist REEEE fest about Twitter because they aren't even hiding how obviously it has been catered in their favor. Musk has already clarified he does not intend on free speech anarchy. People are tired of seeing ANTIFA get to openly plan violent events and general racism against white people is allowed, meanwhile the Babylon Bee get's banned for a trans joke.

Here is some actual studies and news articles, not just me typing nonsensical dribble:

Study #1

Study #2

Article #1

Article #2

There's also a lot more out there, if you are capable of ignoring your own agenda for reality.

To claim "little-to-none of these platforms or tech companies being owned or ran by leftists" is the real delusion especially when Jack Dorsey just got pushed out for basically being too moderate, in this case merely not crazy town left.

From what I've read, it sounds like no one really knows why Jack quit, maybe it was because he wasn't very good at his job, maybe it's because a bunch of "ultra leftists" (which is what anyone not right-wing is apparently) inside the company didn't like him anymore, maybe it's because he's more interested in grifting bitcoin. I don't claim to know, but I find it amusing you seem to know the inner workings of Twitter. What I do know is that my point still stands, and just because a few employees are centrists or leftists doesn't mean these places are leftist utopias. Not even close.

Feel free to drop by Arstechnia comments for a good ol' circlejerk though pretending 1000+ comments are all normal middle of the line, definitely not tech lefties. Elon Musk, Twitter's next owner, provides his definition of 'free speech'

LOL butthurt much? Also who cares what Elon says? You post this like he is incapable of lying or being deceitful. I can link to numerous articles or court cases where he got called out or is having legal woes for his lies.

Odd last point to bring up considering how much "Twitter is a private company, they can do what they want" everyone had to hear from the left for years. But then again, you are still arguing about things that aren't even being proposed....

I think this proves you don't understand anything I said, or don't want to.

Anyway if you post more crazy, I won't be around to respond, I have a life that isn't centered around misconstruing things so I can be angry at them.

Apr 29, 2022, 19:15
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 19:15
Apr 29, 2022, 19:15

Xylemon wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 18:26:

Spoiler alert: Leftists and Conservatives feel equally under-represented on these social media platforms (despite evidence pointing to right wingers getting the better deal). I find it amusing people like you love this label of "Leftist Tech" and so on despite little-to-none of these platforms or tech companies being owned or ran by leftists, and none of them implementing leftist ideals. Anyone who thinks removing calls for violence and constant unwarranted attacks from vile racists/other assholes is "removal of free speech" lives in a delusional world. I would love to see these same people decry "Free speech" in real world situations where real laws apply. Try yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater and tell the police Elon Musk said it was OK. Free speech doesn't mean "freedom from consequences".

One last point, "Free speech" doesn't co-exist with "Private company/platform", conservatives/centrists would understand that if they actually understood capitalism.

It is a collective leftist REEEE fest about Twitter because they aren't even hiding how obviously it has been catered in their favor. Musk has already clarified he does not intend on free speech anarchy. People are tired of seeing ANTIFA get to openly plan violent events and general racism against white people is allowed, meanwhile the Babylon Bee get's banned for a trans joke. To claim "little-to-none of these platforms or tech companies being owned or ran by leftists" is the real delusion especially when Jack Dorsey just got pushed out for basically being too moderate, in this case merely not crazy town left. Feel free to drop by Arstechnia comments for a good ol' circlejerk though pretending 1000+ comments are all normal middle of the line, definitely not tech lefties. Elon Musk, Twitter's next owner, provides his definition of 'free speech'

Odd last point to bring up considering how much "Twitter is a private company, they can do what they want" everyone had to hear from the left for years. But then again, you are still arguing about things that aren't even being proposed....

Apr 29, 2022, 19:02
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 19:02
Apr 29, 2022, 19:02

Xylemon wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 18:26:
The saddest part of this entire thing is that it feels like Elon is buying Twitter for what should be illegal reasons. This "free speech" act is just a distraction. Elon loves to post "hot tips" on stocks and bitcoin forks to boost up the profits (remember when he was pump and dumping doge coin and the like?). So now instead of him being being banned on Twitter for propping up stock, he can just own it and do it as much as he pleases. Truly despicable. At least the SEC is looking at him currently, not that anyone has much hope anything will come out of it.

Spoiler alert: Leftists and Conservatives feel equally under-represented on these social media platforms (despite evidence pointing to right wingers getting the better deal). I find it amusing people like you love this label of "Leftist Tech" and so on despite little-to-none of these platforms or tech companies being owned or ran by leftists, and none of them implementing leftist ideals. Anyone who thinks removing calls for violence and constant unwarranted attacks from vile racists/other assholes is "removal of free speech" lives in a delusional world. I would love to see these same people decry "Free speech" in real world situations where real laws apply. Try yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater and tell the police Elon Musk said it was OK. Free speech doesn't mean "freedom from consequences".

One last point, "Free speech" doesn't co-exist with "Private company/platform", conservatives/centrists would understand that if they actually understood capitalism.
Amen brother.

Liberal Redneck - On Elon, Twitter, and our Billionaire Overlords
https://youtu.be/suKwudEt-Zk
“- Free speech is often a code word for being publicly racist and wrong about stuff ..

"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Apr 29, 2022, 18:26
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 18:26
Apr 29, 2022, 18:26

The saddest part of this entire thing is that it feels like Elon is buying Twitter for what should be illegal reasons. This "free speech" act is just a distraction. Elon loves to post "hot tips" on stocks and bitcoin forks to boost up the profits (remember when he was pump and dumping doge coin and the like?). So now instead of him being being banned on Twitter for propping up stock, he can just own it and do it as much as he pleases. Truly despicable. At least the SEC is looking at him currently, not that anyone has much hope anything will come out of it.

milspecmonkey wrote on Apr 29, 2022, 16:53:
'We're Very Concerned' - Tech Lefty gold. Somehow trying to make it about video games, the writer straight up admits they like Twitter because it is less effort than other platforms and then after regurgitating nonsensical talking points about being worried about "free speech" (aka rules being applied fairly) they appropriately get wrecked in the comments.

Apr 29, 2022, 17:55
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 17:55
Apr 29, 2022, 17:55

Among Us ONLY became popular years after it's release and a revival thanks to Twitch. Twitter had nothing to do with it.

And the only reason I use Twitter for gaming is because trying to get a quick response on an official site/forum about why a game or service is down is a pain in the ass.

Apr 29, 2022, 16:53
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 16:53
Apr 29, 2022, 16:53

'We're Very Concerned' - Tech Lefty gold. Somehow trying to make it about video games, the writer straight up admits they like Twitter because it is less effort than other platforms and then after regurgitating nonsensical talking points about being worried about "free speech" (aka rules being applied fairly) they appropriately get wrecked in the comments.

Apr 29, 2022, 16:37
Re: Quoteworthy Apr 29, 2022, 16:37
Apr 29, 2022, 16:37

“We spent months and years cultivating our audiences on this platform, we’re very concerned that they might choose to leave it behind in fear of even more abuse at the excuse of ‘free speech.’ The same goes for brands, as it’s still unclear what some of these features would mean for content moderation and reporting, which is already an issue today.”

How did game companies advertise to consumers before Twitter?
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older