GOG.com New Year Sale

A New Year Sale is now underway on GOG.com, offering discounts of up to 90% on thousands of games. This includes a couple of new additions, as the store now features DRM-free editions of two additional games. Here's word:
Kick off the year with dynamism, long-term strategy and out of this world relationships: take up XCOM®: Chimera Squad (-65%)! It brings a daring new direction to the series, faster gameplay and a cast of aliens and humans trying to live in harmony. Dare to dream big and make it, in Gas Station Simulator (-25%), a mix of building-sim and management that fueled a burning passion in the heart of its fans. For dream-like experiences, contemplate life in The Silent Age, bring light to darkness in Night Lights and balance action with puzzles in Avencast, three new games from Meridian4.

Many games have that mythical feel to them… Those older or absolute classics that you have always heard about. And a slow start to 2022 is the time to finally get to know them! As GOG is the place where they thrive, don’t shy away, let a Flash Deal motivate you: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is -85% off for 48H. For more games that made history, put the Famous Classics collection, up to -89%, to good use. If you having a hard time, escape further than the last frontier or get cosy thanks to the Unforgettable journeys collection, up to -90%. But if January makes you feel motivated, try something new in the Great Titles & Great Discounts collection, the best titles from their respective genre starting at -65%
View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: GOG.com New Year Sale
Jan 25, 2022, 06:52
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 25, 2022, 06:52
Jan 25, 2022, 06:52

I have hundreds of games on GOG, the problem now is there is very little left in their catalog that I want.

All I buy now is fairly recent titles when they go to bargain bin pricing, like Chimera Squad.

If they are in trouble, they ought to sell out to GeForceNow or Microsoft, so all these games could live on via a cloud service.

PS - Icewind Dale is a pretty good fantasy RPG, way better than some big name AAA RPGs of recent years, grab it if you like that kind of thing. It's polished and bug free to boot.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Jan 25, 2022, 05:31
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 25, 2022, 05:31
Jan 25, 2022, 05:31

I've only purchased 3 games from GOG, my guess and hope is that if they go belly up Epic will by them up and merge their products and accounts.

Jan 24, 2022, 20:45
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 24, 2022, 20:45
Jan 24, 2022, 20:45

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2022, 18:40:
GOG isn't in the best of financial health. I wonder how long before they go belly up, and all the games I have on there become inaccessible.

That's really a damn shame, I have almost 500 games on GoG now. I better not be the only one propping them up.

Jan 24, 2022, 18:46
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 24, 2022, 18:46
Jan 24, 2022, 18:46

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2022, 18:40:
GOG isn't in the best of financial health. I wonder how long before they go belly up, and all the games I have on there become inaccessible.

They are part of CD Projekt Group, things would not go well for CD Projeckt Red if they screwed a whole lot of gamers. This is ignoring when they screwed a whole lot of gamers with Cyperpunk 2077.

Jan 24, 2022, 18:40
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 24, 2022, 18:40
Jan 24, 2022, 18:40

I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Jan 24, 2022, 15:59
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 24, 2022, 15:59
Jan 24, 2022, 15:59

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 24, 2022, 14:26:
I hated Chimera Squad... I've tried to play it twice, both times quit in disgust. The changes to the turn based system, the robot replacement mechanic... I don't know, everything just added up to a far more annoying gameplay loop. Which is a shame, because I thought the storyline was really interesting. I should look at it again eventually, maybe some mods change up the combat enough to make it enjoyable for picky gamers like myself.

I really, really, hope that they don't use that combat model for XCOM 3. XCOM 1 and 2 were great, are still great, I have hundreds of hours in both. Chimera squad.. like 3 hours.

The turn system worked for me due to how some powers manipulate it. It became part of the game. I really hope it doesn't make it into 3, because while it added a kind of depth, it became more to juggle and required removing depth from other places.

It was different. Different isn't bad, especially for what really was a budget title. Took me a bit to get into the headspace for it, but I was ok having to learn something new. Did two playthroughs, each being 8 hours or so. Actually, it shows I played 40 hours, so I guess longer.

I do recommend going back, but think of it as new challenges and a new diversion. It won't replace the others, but having to use the familiar skills in very different ways was fun for me. I'd play a sequel for it. But I don't want it in XCOM3 (and there damn well better be an XCOM3, ha)

Jan 24, 2022, 14:26
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 24, 2022, 14:26
Jan 24, 2022, 14:26

I hated Chimera Squad... I've tried to play it twice, both times quit in disgust. The changes to the turn based system, the robot replacement mechanic... I don't know, everything just added up to a far more annoying gameplay loop. Which is a shame, because I thought the storyline was really interesting. I should look at it again eventually, maybe some mods change up the combat enough to make it enjoyable for picky gamers like myself.

I really, really, hope that they don't use that combat model for XCOM 3. XCOM 1 and 2 were great, are still great, I have hundreds of hours in both. Chimera squad.. like 3 hours.

Jan 24, 2022, 13:05
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 24, 2022, 13:05
Jan 24, 2022, 13:05

Chimera squad was pretty buggy but I enjoyed my time with it. Def worth the entry price (and I bought it at release). It's not as good as xcom but it was a good time.

Jan 24, 2022, 11:59
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 24, 2022, 11:59
Jan 24, 2022, 11:59

Chimera Squad is a pretty decent play for $7.

It's not perfect, and strips XCOM down a lot, but it's also meant to be a diversion, not a full release, and was priced accordingly. I had a lot of fun with it. Maybe 10% as much fun, or even less, than XCOM1/2/Expansions/Mods, but still enjoyed it as something that forced me to play differently

Jan 24, 2022, 11:45
Re: GOG.com New Year Sale Jan 24, 2022, 11:45
Jan 24, 2022, 11:45

I need some software popups telling me "your hopeless, stop spending money on every sale!" for all these game sale events! Party2
A truck is not a speech.A horn is not a voice.Occupation is not a protest.A blockade is not freedom,it blocks the liberty of all.
A demand to overthrow a government is not a dialogue.Expression of hate is not a difference of opinion.A lie is not the truth
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older