January Games With Prime

Prime Gaming now outlines all the free in-game items and free games now available for Amazon Prime subscribers as part of the Prime Gaming program. Here's the list of games that are yours to keep if you claim them this month:

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • Total War: WARHAMMER
  • World War Z: Aftermath
  • Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
  • WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship
  • Abandon Ship
  • Paper Beast - Folded Edition
  • In Other Waters
  • Two Point Hospital
View : : :
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer

Re: January Games With Prime
Jan 3, 2022, 18:37
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 3, 2022, 18:37
Jan 3, 2022, 18:37

This might work with movies where they only have a short running time. But the whole free games thing doesn't really do it for me. I was never going to play these mediocre games free or not.

The world needs fewer games overall since there is only so many you can play on a life time.

Instead we need a bunch of really good ones each year. And I will happily pay for each of those.

Jan 3, 2022, 19:01
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 3, 2022, 19:01
Jan 3, 2022, 19:01

bigspender wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 18:37:
This might work with movies where they only have a short running time. But the whole free games thing doesn't really do it for me. I was never going to play these mediocre games free or not.

The world needs fewer games overall since there is only so many you can play on a life time.

Instead we need a bunch of really good ones each year. And I will happily pay for each of those.

Really good to you isn't really good to me.
Not to mention, when I was 19 I played damn near everything, so I could try lots of things. I probably game as much in 6 months as I used to in a week, but there are plenty of 19 year olds still out there.

Jan 3, 2022, 19:05
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 3, 2022, 19:05
Jan 3, 2022, 19:05

Fallen Order is mediocre?

I’m looking forward to the world swinging by this forum post and reading your wisdom, to see things change across all of gaming.

Jan 3, 2022, 19:34
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 3, 2022, 19:34
Jan 3, 2022, 19:34

bigspender wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 18:37:
Jedi Fallen Order mediocre, right.
You don't have time or interest, so let's cut down the whole world game production, mmm ... alrighty.
Also make only good games (good for you that is), ticked.

I'm retired this last 4 years plus, and play more games that I ever did.
And very much love games that didn't appeal to me before.
Maybe when you are more mature you'll get there ?

Jan 3, 2022, 19:58
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 3, 2022, 19:58
Jan 3, 2022, 19:58

WannaLogAlready wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 19:34:
I'm retired this last 4 years plus, and play more games that I ever did.
And very much love games that didn't appeal to me before.
Congrats on your retirement. I beat you there by a bit, Feb. will be 6 years for me (seems like a lot less). I have found that while I have more time for games, I have less patience with them. I'm not sure that I play more overall than I did before. But then in my WoW heydays I was playing 60 hours a week while working a full-time job. I am streaky. I might play Satisfactory 12 hours in a day, and then not play anything the next day. However, I'm not going to waste a lot of time playing a bad game (not a shot at Jedi Fallen Order, about which I know very little).
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 3, 2022, 20:46
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 3, 2022, 20:46
Jan 3, 2022, 20:46

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 19:58:
Congrats on your retirement. I beat you there by a bit, Feb. will be 6 years for me (seems like a lot less). I have found that while I have more time for games, I have less patience with them. I'm not sure that I play more overall than I did before. But then in my WoW heydays I was playing 60 hours a week while working a full-time job. I am streaky. I might play Satisfactory 12 hours in a day, and then not play anything the next day. However, I'm not going to waste a lot of time playing a bad game (not a shot at Jedi Fallen Order, about which I know very little).
"... playing 60 hours a week while working a full-time job.", my profound respects, sir.
I share your less patient disposition that, I believe, comes from lengthy familiarity with the gaming tropes.
Fortunately, Cheat Engine allows me a sort of sight seeing grindless speed running type of play without hassles and fustrations.
That rather makes even "bad" games enjoyable, to a point, and having more curiousity than a cat.
The best of years to you and loved ones.

Jan 3, 2022, 21:55
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 3, 2022, 21:55
Jan 3, 2022, 21:55

WannaLogAlready wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 20:46:
"... playing 60 hours a week while working a full-time job.", my profound respects, sir.
Yeah, that was crazy. I did it for about a year. At the time I was in the best Alliance guild on my server and I was in raid with them when we got the first server (Alliance) kill of Nefarion in Blackwing Lair. Definitely one of the high points of my WoW career. Looking back on it now, 40 man raids were insane. On our successful run we actually only had 38. It was REALLY late, we were well past our normal raiding time. Which was part of the reason I was in the raid, I was a semi-rookie who only got in because everyone else left. However, that kill earned me a spot in the top 40.

Jan 3, 2022, 23:36
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 3, 2022, 23:36
Jan 3, 2022, 23:36

As I get older, I find that gaming interests me less because there are less games that appeal to me which is ok.

It also probably doesn't help that as of late I have radically shifted my head space. Mrs. Burrito and I would talk and plan the things we would go see and the activities we wanted to do. We got around to most of them but now there is an urgency to do things, see things and build things. Do it today. Don't wait until tomorrow or next week because those aren't guaranteed.

I look forward to my retirement which will happen the day the last bit for full off-grid, self-sufficiency falls in to place. No retirement party, no two weeks notice. Just "Peace out bitches" as I walk out the door. Then, dog willing, I'll never have to touch anything IT related ever again.

"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

Jan 4, 2022, 00:45
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 00:45
Jan 4, 2022, 00:45

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 21:55:
WannaLogAlready wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 20:46:
Yeah, that was crazy. I did it for about a year. At the time I was in the best Alliance guild on my server and I was in raid with them when we got the first server (Alliance) kill of Nefarion in Blackwing Lair. Definitely one of the high points of my WoW career. Looking back on it now, 40 man raids were insane. On our successful run we actually only had 38. It was REALLY late, we were well past our normal raiding time. Which was part of the reason I was in the raid, I was a semi-rookie who only got in because everyone else left. However, that kill earned me a spot in the top 40.
That sort of epic feats are really special memories to marvel at, crazy younger gamer times

And to BoP, you are getting there man, don't let them know till the day comes ! Devil

Jan 4, 2022, 05:14
El Pit

Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 05:14
Jan 4, 2022, 05:14
 El Pit

Nice offer by Amazon/Twitch. Unfortunately, I got all of those top tier games already. Nevertheless: Twitch freebies became better in 2021. Nice trend there.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Jan 4, 2022, 08:27
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 08:27
Jan 4, 2022, 08:27

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 19:58:
However, I'm not going to waste a lot of time playing a bad game (not a shot at Jedi Fallen Order, about which I know very little).

Jedi Fallen Order was fun. It very much felt like I was playing Tomb Raider with a Star Wars skin on it, but I enjoyed it, probably because of that.

In Other Waters is a game I had on a wishlist, so yay.

Jan 4, 2022, 08:44
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 08:44
Jan 4, 2022, 08:44

WannaLogAlready wrote on Jan 4, 2022, 00:45:
That sort of epic feats are really special memories to marvel at, crazy younger gamer times
One of the best things was I was the "old man". I was in my 40s, most everyone else was at least 20 years younger than me. I would love to get as lost in another game as I did in WoW. But I don't see it happening again...

Jan 4, 2022, 09:06
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 09:06
Jan 4, 2022, 09:06

Amazon has sneakily had some nice freebie games. I have been picking up all of their Prime Games the past couple months, their free library rivals the Epic GS library, at least in pure numbers, if not always in quality.

Very nice to get Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order though!

Jan 4, 2022, 10:26
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 10:26
Jan 4, 2022, 10:26

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 4, 2022, 09:06:
Amazon has sneakily had some nice freebie games. I have been picking up all of their Prime Games the past couple months, their free library rivals the Epic GS library, at least in pure numbers, if not always in quality.
One major difference, Amazon PRIME isn't Free meaning Amazon Prime Game freebies aren't free either.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Jan 4, 2022, 12:30
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 12:30
Jan 4, 2022, 12:30

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 4, 2022, 10:26:
One major difference, Amazon PRIME isn't Free meaning Amazon Prime Game freebies aren't free either.

I wonder how many people are even aware of it though. They don't make it easy to find. Even in their own game app they don't show the best games ever month, because they come from other launchers. I've had to explain to people that they have prime video with Amazon prime.

I'd be surprised if more than 10% of customers even knew they existed.

Jan 4, 2022, 13:18
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 13:18
Jan 4, 2022, 13:18

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 4, 2022, 10:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 4, 2022, 09:06:

Well, true. Amazon Prime isn't free. Included at no additional cost games?

Jan 4, 2022, 13:23
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 13:23
Jan 4, 2022, 13:23

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 4, 2022, 13:18:
Well, true. Amazon Prime isn't free.
I "do the math" each year when my renewal comes up. So far, being a Prime member saves me money due to all the shipping costs of all the things I buy. So, it ain't free, but for me, so far, it is worth it.

Jan 4, 2022, 14:41
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 14:41
Jan 4, 2022, 14:41

Prime is worth it for me. I order a huge amount from Amazon. We've remodeled several houses using Amazon (often Amazon is cheaper for things like appliances, and lighting and door fixtures, than ordering from my contractor's suppliers). We also heavily make use of Amazon Prime video.

FYI: Some Amazon games require you use their launcher, but it's not required for the three big ones on this list. Fallen Order is an EA Games code, and Warhammer and WW Z just require you to link your Epic Games account with your Amazon account, which I already have for some previous freebies.

- “The planet is fine. The people are fucked.” -George Carlin

Jan 4, 2022, 18:06
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 18:06
Jan 4, 2022, 18:06

Something a lot of people don't know is that there is a no fees, no additional charges, Amazon Prime Visa card from Chase...
It's 5% off on all Amazon purchases... so since you have to have Prime to get it, and a lot of people who get Prime do so to save on frequent Amazon shipping, thus implying they're a frequent Amazon purchaser... That's a lot of opportunities to save 5% and it adds up.

Also the card has attractive rewards (well more attractive pre-pandemic) of 2% at gas stations, restaurants, and drug stores, and 1% on everything else.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prime-Rewards-Visa-Signature-Card/dp/BT00LN946S

Jan 4, 2022, 19:34
Re: January Games With Prime Jan 4, 2022, 19:34
Jan 4, 2022, 19:34

Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2022, 18:06:
Something a lot of people don't know is that there is a no fees, no additional charges, Amazon Prime Visa card from Chase...
It's 5% off on all Amazon purchases... so since you have to have Prime to get it, and a lot of people who get Prime do so to save on frequent Amazon shipping, thus implying they're a frequent Amazon purchaser... That's a lot of opportunities to save 5% and it adds up.

Also the card has attractive rewards (well more attractive pre-pandemic) of 2% at gas stations, restaurants, and drug stores, and 1% on everything else.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prime-Rewards-Visa-Signature-Card/dp/BT00LN946S
Just for giggles I clicked on your link. The top reviews were 1 star with major complaints. That said, for the reasons you stated it seems like a good offer. I'm going to consider getting one of these and switch my Amazon purchases over to it....
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer