View : : :
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: OotB: Raring and Ready - Deep Machine Learning Body Study
Jan 3, 2022, 11:28
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready - Deep Machine Learning Body Study Jan 3, 2022, 11:28
Jan 3, 2022, 11:28

Jonjonz wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 06:25:
So if Abraham Lincoln had been only 4'5" tall, he would have been a short extreamly homely short person no one would take seriously and highly unlikely to get elected to any office.
Possibly. It would have certainly hurt his chances. It would be more of a liability now than it would be then, but physical appearance has been a significant factor for politics for a very long time.
(for the record I have no idea why you bought this up)
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 3, 2022, 08:59
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready - Deep Machine Learning Body Study Jan 3, 2022, 08:59
Jan 3, 2022, 08:59

Jonjonz wrote on Jan 3, 2022, 06:25:
So if Abraham Lincoln had been only 4'5" tall, he would have been a short extreamly homely short person no one would take seriously and highly unlikely to get elected to any office.
Stephen Douglas, who lost the 1860 election, was a full foot shorter than Lincoln.

Just sayin'...
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Re: OotB: Raring and Ready
Jan 3, 2022, 08:24
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 3, 2022, 08:24
Jan 3, 2022, 08:24

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2022, 23:34:
And Jessica Henwick needs to be a superstar already.
She certainly has the work schedule for it, six entries in IMDB after The Matrix Resurrections -- busy woman.

Jan 3, 2022, 06:25
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready - Deep Machine Learning Body Study Jan 3, 2022, 06:25
Jan 3, 2022, 06:25

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Jan 3, 2022, 02:59
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 3, 2022, 02:59
Jan 3, 2022, 02:59

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2022, 23:34:
Definitely looking forward to Don't Look Up. What a cast, and I'm a sucker for that science vs politics source material. And yes, I expect to combine RedEye and BoP: I will simultaneously find it cathartic and depressing.

Currently watching The Silent Sea on Netflix. Stars Doona Bae from Cloud Atlas (although I first became a fan seeing her in Linda Linda Linda) and Gong Yoo from Train to Busan and Squid Game. Three episodes in and enjoying Aliens meets Moon meets Stranger Things plotline.

I watched Matrix Resurrections. I think the first 40 minutes are mindblowingly good, and wish they had continued with the story as initially posited (spoilers): the first three movies are games designed by Thomas Anderson, and Trinity is a muse that he's been watching come and go in a cafe for 15 years. It would have been awesome if they had made his discovery of and relationship with Trinity the key to realizing they were still stuck in the Matrix, kind of a Matrix romantic dramedy. But alas, they went in a different direction, and while there are some interesting things there, I think it's a missed opportunity. Oddly, Keanu's acting during that first 40 minutes is superb, but somehow falls off in the second half of the movie, almost as if he lost interest when the story went more conventional. Carrie Ann Moss is excellent as always. She's worked consistently for the past 20 years, but I always thought she should have been a bigger star than she was. And Jessica Henwick needs to be a superstar already.

20 years on and i finally figured out what was wrong with the sequels while watching resurrections.

the resonant power of the original was its main theme of Rising up, and the relentless struggle; both against the powers that be and the mental chains that hold us back. the sequels completely abandoned this idea of the limitless capacity of people to fight, and turned into a basic-ass action adventure. what needed to happen was for Neo to die in the second one, and for someone else to take up the mantle; on and on until the fight is won, which may be never.

resurrections on its own was entertaining enough as a digital romance, but had almost no DNA thematically with the originals. a complete failure of possibility.

Jan 3, 2022, 00:37
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 3, 2022, 00:37
Jan 3, 2022, 00:37

Craft Beer Across America - 50 Beers From 50 States.

As local beers go, Hilo Brewing is kind of shit. If you want good beer from Hawaii, try Waikiki Brewing Blackstrap Molasses Island Porter (86 on BA, although it's definitely better on tap than bottled) or Lanikai Brewing Moku Imperial IPA (87 on BA). That Hilo Brewing stuff is pretty thin.

When I visited my auntie in VT a few months ago, I sampled a bunch of the beer up there. The best one I came upon was Lawson's. The IPA especially was so good that I brought some back for my dad, then drove to a bunch of package stores in CT to fine more of the stuff. Truly sublime. I have no idea if 14th Star Brewing makes good beer or not, but if you're in New England, you can't go wrong with some Lawson's.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Jan 3, 2022, 00:12
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 3, 2022, 00:12
Jan 3, 2022, 00:12

Why Alex Jones Lost the Sandy Hook Lawsuits.

Great explanation. I almost went to law school (my GF at the time did). I went into IT instead (not really that different if you think about it). Great summation of why Alex Jones literally did everything you should if you want to lose a case(s). Also, shout out to Ting as the vid sponsor. I had to set up a new phone with them a few days ago, and their customer support is literally the best of any online company I've ever dealt with. Knowledgeable, polite, and proactive: they helped me fix my issue, but also said a couple of my older SIM cards would be expiring in a few months and sent me new ones at no charge, unrelated to the issue I was contacting them about. And also, Thanks Redeye for mentioning my referral. I did get the $50 off my bill. There aren't too many companies I give props to, but Ting is one of them.

Jan 2, 2022, 23:34
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 23:34
Jan 2, 2022, 23:34

Definitely looking forward to Don't Look Up. What a cast, and I'm a sucker for that science vs politics source material. And yes, I expect to combine RedEye and BoP: I will simultaneously find it cathartic and depressing.

Currently watching The Silent Sea on Netflix. Stars Doona Bae from Cloud Atlas (although I first became a fan seeing her in Linda Linda Linda) and Gong Yoo from Train to Busan and Squid Game. Three episodes in and enjoying Aliens meets Moon meets Stranger Things plotline.

I watched Matrix Resurrections. I think the first 40 minutes are mindblowingly good, and wish they had continued with the story as initially posited (spoilers): the first three movies are games designed by Thomas Anderson, and Trinity is a muse that he's been watching come and go in a cafe for 15 years. It would have been awesome if they had made his discovery of and relationship with Trinity the key to realizing they were still stuck in the Matrix, kind of a Matrix romantic dramedy. But alas, they went in a different direction, and while there are some interesting things there, I think it's a missed opportunity. Oddly, Keanu's acting during that first 40 minutes is superb, but somehow falls off in the second half of the movie, almost as if he lost interest when the story went more conventional. Carrie Ann Moss is excellent as always. She's worked consistently for the past 20 years, but I always thought she should have been a bigger star than she was. And Jessica Henwick needs to be a superstar already.

Jan 2, 2022, 21:22
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 21:22
Jan 2, 2022, 21:22

Simon Says wrote on Jan 2, 2022, 21:19:
Climate scientists found it to be the most accurate representation of what they've gone through in the last decades...
Haha, I applaud any climate scientist who might have actually said that...

Jan 2, 2022, 21:19
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 21:19
Jan 2, 2022, 21:19

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 2, 2022, 18:25:
I just wrapped up watching Don't Look Up. I didn't find it hilarious, I found it depressing. It's a searing indictment of the stupidity of the US and Americans.

Climate scientists found it to be the most accurate representation of what they've gone through in the last decades...

...And I tend to wholeheartedly agree.

Jan 2, 2022, 19:21
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 19:21
Jan 2, 2022, 19:21

...I found it depressing. It's a searing indictment of the stupidity of the US and Americans.
I assumed that was the point from the trailer...

Jan 2, 2022, 18:49
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 18:49
Jan 2, 2022, 18:49

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 2, 2022, 18:31:
I just wrapped up watching Don't Look Up. I didn't find it hilarious, I found it depressing. It's a searing indictment of the stupidity of the US and Americans.
So it's a documentary.🤡

It might as well have been.

Still rooting for the asteroid, however.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jan 2, 2022, 18:31
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 18:31
Jan 2, 2022, 18:31

So it's a documentary.🤡
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Jan 2, 2022, 18:25
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 18:25
Jan 2, 2022, 18:25

"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jan 2, 2022, 17:54
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 17:54
Jan 2, 2022, 17:54

Don't Look Up is hilarious with a great cast.
The Book of Boba Fett is also decent.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Jan 2, 2022, 15:56
PHJF

Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 15:56
Jan 2, 2022, 15:56
 PHJF

I was surprised to see a pallet of Great Lakes Brewing Company's Christmas Ale (out of Cleveland) on display in a North Carolina super market. The stuff is super popular up here, anyways.
Steam + PSN: PHJF

Jan 2, 2022, 15:51
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 15:51
Jan 2, 2022, 15:51

Hopefully they take every last cent from Alex Jones.

As for craft beers.... is it's kinda like food. One person's onion is another person's steak. I've found a few that I've loved but because it wasn't a "flavor of the month" they've typically had short runs, or been at a place that couldn't quit F'ing with the recipe's or didn't have enough of a good variation to keep the business open. Right now we are going through the 90's again with bad drink idea's like seltzers (AND THEY BROUGHT ZIMA BACK! WHY?!?).

Jan 2, 2022, 13:16
Re: OotB: Raring and Ready Jan 2, 2022, 13:16
Jan 2, 2022, 13:16

That "craft" beer list is terrible. Great if you're a frat house dudebro I suppose. If you're a real beer drinker, not so much. I've never liked the term "craft" brewing either when they're permitted to make 2 million kegs of beer per year. That's big beer anyway you slice it. To me craft is someone producing out of their house solely for local consumption. Some could ague semantics and say it's microbrew but I tend to view "craft" anything as something done by a - sole or just a very few - craftsman.

21 people rescued after being trapped overnight on New Mexico tramway.

That's a really weird story. It's a 15 minute tram ride. One would assume they were either closer to the beginning or end of the tram ride in either direction and they simply could have finished the trip safely enough. If it was safe enough to leave on the tram I can't believe that within 7'ish minutes that it was no longer safe to keep going. And if they were trapped there at 9PM why weren't the authorities summoned until 3AM? That must have been nasty crammed in there with 20 people in the cold and all having to use the bathroom.

Deep machine learning study finds that body shape is associated with income:
A new study published in PLOS One has found a relationship between a person’s body shape and their family income. The findings provide more evidence for the “beauty premium” — a phenomenon in which people who are physically attractive tend to earn more than their less attractive counterparts.

Oh really. Bezos, Gates, Buffet, et al. yeah, they're all supermodels alright.

Why So Many Kids Struggle to Learn.

Uh, because they're dumb?

Why Alex Jones Lost the Sandy Hook Lawsuits.

Uh, because he's an idiot?
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate up hill." - Blade
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older