4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Metaverse
Dec 30, 2021, 15:09
PHJF

Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 30, 2021, 15:09
Dec 30, 2021, 15:09
 PHJF

There was an interview on Marketplace a couple months back discussing online returns. They estimated 5-10% of returns were fraudulent, and something like 25% of returns end up in the trash.

Hell of a hit to the bottom line, especially when the company is often hit with the shipping costs in both directions.
Steam + PSN: PHJF

Dec 30, 2021, 00:05
Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 30, 2021, 00:05
Dec 30, 2021, 00:05

Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2021, 18:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 29, 2021, 12:24:
"But, but, but: Don’t try to game the system to get free stuff." - good luck with that.

Online returns is that one problem that started off in a small section of warehouses to the point they have warehouses now like landfills of products returned that no one knows what to do with, too costly to deal with it. I can see now if it hasn't happened, a 3rd party comes in and buys the return debt and then liquidates from there. It's amazing the waste going on here, the problem it is causing and it's snowballing, no one is able to get ahead of it. This is how we will die!

Beyond that are the environmental and infrastructure costs that aren't factored in either. And its my understanding that clothes are the most returned item - unsurprisingly. I don't understand why anyone would ever buy clothes online given all the issues from sizing to quality. I have bought underwear from Amazon once but only because I already knew the brand and size were correct for me - what I was wearing anyway.

Yeah the whole shebang, it is literally out of control and that is from those in the industry saying it. As for clothes, yeah if I find some place I like I have to do a tester and make sure the return policy is strong. Clothes can be from 35% to 60%, to me makes it totally ridiculous, the only reason it works is clothes out of china is dirt cheap and then the 100's of % markups from there.

Dec 29, 2021, 18:39
Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 29, 2021, 18:39
Dec 29, 2021, 18:39

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 29, 2021, 12:24:
"But, but, but: Don’t try to game the system to get free stuff." - good luck with that.

Online returns is that one problem that started off in a small section of warehouses to the point they have warehouses now like landfills of products returned that no one knows what to do with, too costly to deal with it. I can see now if it hasn't happened, a 3rd party comes in and buys the return debt and then liquidates from there. It's amazing the waste going on here, the problem it is causing and it's snowballing, no one is able to get ahead of it. This is how we will die!

Beyond that are the environmental and infrastructure costs that aren't factored in either. And its my understanding that clothes are the most returned item - unsurprisingly. I don't understand why anyone would ever buy clothes online given all the issues from sizing to quality. I have bought underwear from Amazon once but only because I already knew the brand and size were correct for me - what I was wearing anyway.

"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate up hill." - Blade

Dec 29, 2021, 12:24
Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 29, 2021, 12:24
Dec 29, 2021, 12:24

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older