Vanguard Announced

Remedy Entertainment announces Vanguard, which is the codename for a free-to-play PvE multiplayer shooter coming to PC, consoles, and mobile. This doesn't yet carry a release window, but early details include that this is a Games-as-a-Service project being developed on the Unreal Engine 5 to be published in Asia by Tencent and by Remedy in other territories. Here's what we know so far:
The game codenamed Vanguard (“the game”), Remedy’s original intellectual property, is a free-to-play, co-operative PvE shooter that combines Remedy’s narrative expertise and action gameplay into an immersive multiplayer experience. The game is developed with the Unreal Engine for PC and console platforms. Remedy will develop and publish the game worldwide, excluding selected Asian markets, where Tencent will localize and publish the game.

The game’s development is currently in the proof-of-concept phase. Its development budget up to the end of the first year of live operations will be in the range of a typical Remedy AAA game budget. This development will be co-financed by Remedy and Tencent. In addition, Tencent will localize the game for the selected Asian markets and cover the related localization costs.
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Vanguard Announced
Dec 28, 2021, 20:41
Re: Vanguard Announced Dec 28, 2021, 20:41
Dec 28, 2021, 20:41

They really cannot find another name for it, codename or not?? I don't feel bad if they get sue.
“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Dec 28, 2021, 15:49
Re: Vanguard Announced Dec 28, 2021, 15:49
Dec 28, 2021, 15:49

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2021, 13:58:
If they want to avoid a lawsuit, I hope they're planning on changing that codename before launch to something not already in use for an FPS by ActiBlizz.

Just a long as SOE sue ActiBlizz first.

Vanguard: saga of bugs MMO, was still a million times more enjoyable than that COD rehash #183921391 (and WOW for that matter)

But looks like it's just a codename anyway.

Dec 28, 2021, 13:58
Re: Vanguard Announced Dec 28, 2021, 13:58
Dec 28, 2021, 13:58

If they want to avoid a lawsuit, I hope they're planning on changing that codename before launch to something not already in use for an FPS by ActiBlizz.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older