Embracer Acquiring Dark Horse and More

Dark Horse Comics announces it is being purchased by Embracer Group, as Embracer continues to embrace a Pokemon approach to acquisitions. Dark Horse adds a number of new IPs to exploit, as well as transmedia potential with expertise in comic book, film, and television production. As usual, Embracer is not done there, as it also announces the acquisition of Shiver Entertainment. This game development studio founded by industry veterans John Schappert and Jason Andersen will be part of Embracer's Saber Interactive. Finally Embracer is also in agreement to purchase DIGIC, a Hungary-based animation studio and an in agreement to acquire Spotfilm Networx, a video advertising on demand channel located in Berlin. Here's more on the Dark Horse deal:
Embracer Group AB ("Embracer") has today entered into an agreement to acquire Dark Horse Media, LLC (“Dark Horse”), a leading entertainment company. Post-closing, Dark Horse will become the tenth operative group of the Embracer group. Through the acquisition, Embracer strengthens its transmedia capabilities by adding expertise in content development, comics publishing, and film & TV production. Dark Horse owns or controls more than 300 intellectual properties, many of which are attractive for future transmedia exploitation, including the creation of new video games. Dark Horse founder and CEO Mike Richardson will continue to lead the company together with existing management.
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Embracer Acquiring Dark Horse and More
Dec 21, 2021, 13:11
Re: Embracer Acquiring Dark Horse and More Dec 21, 2021, 13:11
Dec 21, 2021, 13:11

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 21, 2021, 12:41:
Ugh. I loved Dark Horse's comics back in the day, and they have still put out some great stuff recently. Anytime I see that some small studio gets acquired, I fear the worst, although I don't know much about "Embracer Group" to be honest.
(formerly Nordic Games Publishing AB and THQ Nordic AB)
https://embracer.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embracer_Group
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Dec 21, 2021, 12:43
Re: Embracer Acquiring Dark Horse and More Dec 21, 2021, 12:43
Dec 21, 2021, 12:43

Whew
At least it wasn’t acquired by 10¢.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Dec 21, 2021, 12:41
Re: Embracer Acquiring Dark Horse and More Dec 21, 2021, 12:41
Dec 21, 2021, 12:41

Ugh. I loved Dark Horse's comics back in the day, and they have still put out some great stuff recently. Anytime I see that some small studio gets acquired, I fear the worst, although I don't know much about "Embracer Group" to be honest.
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older