The studio behind Myth of Empires
against Snail Games and Studio Wildcard over the
the game from Steam amid allegations it uses code stolen from Ark: Survival
). Here are the points that summarize the objections, which
downplay the discovery of suspicious elements in the Myth of Empires source
- The Valve Letter alleges that Myth of Empires purportedly “was built by:
(1) stealing the Ark Survival Evolved source code and (2) using the stolen
source code as the gameplay foundation for Myth of Empires.”
- The allegations quoted in paragraph 11, above, are false.
- Exhibit 1 does not present any material or substantial quantity of Myth
of Empires software code, but attaches a document that (i) misleadingly
presents, out of order, an extremely small set of “names” that exist in Myth
of Empires source code; and (ii) omits software code that actually drives
the operation of Myth of Empires including the “gameplay mechanics” referred
to in Exhibit 1.
- The “names” referred to in Exhibit 1 are not copyrightable and are not
subject to copyright control in any event.