Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft

Speaking of Ubisoft, journalist Stephen Totilo tweets that Virginie Haas is leaving the company, where she had been serving a Chief Studios Officer reporting directly to CEO Yves Guillemot. Ubisoft has been embroiled in a high-profile harassment scandal, but no explanation for the departure besides a desire "to pursue other activities" is offered at this time. Here's word:
Virginie Haas is leaving Ubisoft. Employees were informed today. She'd assumed the role of chief studios officer, reporting to CEO Yves Guillemot, on Sept 1, 2020.

In her email to employees she said she was leaving "to pursue other activities"

Arguably the second most powerful person at Ubisoft. Gone after 16 months in the role.

PR:"Ubisoft thanks Virginie for her contribution and wishes her every success in the future. The company is well on its way to appointing her successor. In the interim, the senior team she was in charge of will ensure the continuity and seamless execution of the current projects"
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft
Dec 14, 2021, 18:01
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 18:01
Dec 14, 2021, 18:01

theglaze wrote on Dec 14, 2021, 17:42:
Speculation on such little information reveals more about the speculator than anything else.
Exactly, I would never speculate that the person promoted to the “second most powerful position” in the company was fired because she did a shitty job and deserved to be fired.

Much like what happened with ONeal at actibliz, eventually we’ll find out the truth.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Dec 14, 2021, 17:42
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 17:42
Dec 14, 2021, 17:42

Speculation on such little information reveals more about the speculator than anything else.

Dec 14, 2021, 16:46
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 16:46
Dec 14, 2021, 16:46

Riiiiiight.

Occam's Razor is sharp

She did such a shitty job in her previous position, and the one before that that they promoted her and the one before that …, that they promoted her to one of the highest positions when they are under a huge spotlight with pending federal investigations just so they could then turn around and fire her.

-Or-

“The place was a testosterone fed cesspit of fraternity incels fueled by excessive wealth and misogyny.”
Approved and Fed From The Top Down that no amount of cleaning by any woman could repair.
I hate it when a woman can’t fix a broken men’s club.

Burrito of Peace

Dec 14, 2021, 15:57
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 15:57
Dec 14, 2021, 15:57

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 14, 2021, 12:49:
In 6 months to a year we will find out what "to pursue other activities" actually means. Depending of course on her non disclosure confidentiality agreement.
My guess is “This place is a testosterone fed cesspit of fraternity incels fueled by excessive wealth and misogyny.” Or something similar.

She is... errr... was the Chief Studios Officer. It would have been her job to prevent that "testosterone fed cesspit of fraternity incels fueled by excessive wealth and misogyny" from ever happening. If we assume that said cesspit is really a thing then she did a shitty job and deserves to be fired (pursue other activities = saving face speech for being kicked out). Good riddance to her. Let's hope the next person does a better job of studio supervision.

Dec 14, 2021, 15:50
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 15:50
Dec 14, 2021, 15:50

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 14, 2021, 13:52:
I find it strange that female executives are leaving these sexual harassment embroiled companies. So we have Paradox, Ubisoft and probably others... Are these woman leaving part of the problem, tired of the bullshit or just coincidental?

Who knows. It's just as possible they were enablers too. It's not like the male of our species is the only one capable of being absolutely terrible. Maybe they just don't want to have their careers completely tarnished by staying on with a company that's not actually doing anything about it all except offering empty platitudes and apologies.

"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate up hill." - Blade

Dec 14, 2021, 14:31
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 14:31
Dec 14, 2021, 14:31

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 14, 2021, 13:52:
I find it strange that female executives are leaving these sexual harassment embroiled companies. So we have Paradox, Ubisoft and probably others... Are these woman leaving part of the problem, tired of the bullshit or just coincidental?
I doubt the women are the problem nor are their departures coincidental.
For instance, Jen Oneal’s departure from ActiBliz was because she was "tokenized, marginalized, and discriminated against."

Immediately after her departure before the truth came out.
Burrito of Peace

Dec 14, 2021, 13:52
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 13:52
Dec 14, 2021, 13:52

Dec 14, 2021, 12:49
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 12:49
Dec 14, 2021, 12:49

In 6 months to a year we will find out what "to pursue other activities" actually means. Depending of course on her non disclosure confidentiality agreement.
My guess is “This place is a testosterone fed cesspit of fraternity incels fueled by excessive wealth and misogyny.” Or something similar.
Burrito of Peace

Dec 14, 2021, 12:14
Re: Virginie Haas Leaving Ubisoft Dec 14, 2021, 12:14
Dec 14, 2021, 12:14

I read that as "Virginie has leaving Ubisoft" and I was thinking, 'that's terrible grammar' ... then I remember I misread that Mandalorian helmet yesterday as a Denuvo helmet, and now I think I chronically read too fast, or my eyesight is deteriorating.

It's usually a half-second to reread the correct line, but still.
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older