Homeworld 3 Trailer

A new Gameplay First Look Trailer for Homeworld 3 shows off the upcoming return to the space strategy series. The clip shows off a return of the signature orange-hued outer space of the series, but doesn't really show off as much actual gameplay as the title suggests. The game is in the works at Blackbird Interactive, and it is currently expected by the end of next year on the Epic Games Store and Steam. Here's the brief description of the clip:
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control of Fleet Command and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
View : : :
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer
Dec 12, 2021, 18:51
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 12, 2021, 18:51
Dec 12, 2021, 18:51

Exciting!

Dec 11, 2021, 20:34
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 11, 2021, 20:34
Dec 11, 2021, 20:34

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 11, 2021, 18:58:
Yeah, I have the Remastered Collection in my Steam library, apparently purchased in Feb 2015, but I don't recall ever using it. I'll see if I can find some time to give it a go. Let me know if you can remember what the mod name was.

I swear this used to be easier to look up in Steam; I'm away from my desktops that have the HW:Remastered collection installed, but like 10 clicks deep in Steam, I found my subscribed HW mod:

"Homeworld Remastered 2.3 Players Patch" - Last Updated Mar 7, 2020 @ 11:10am

The mod loading for the remastered version is somewhat cumbersome, you can't load from in game, only from the separate launcher before starting the game.

Really the game is still winnable even without the mod, but one or two missions towards the end of the campaign will be extremely annoying and stacked against you, especially if you steamrolled the whole game up until that point, and barely lost any ships at all, you get suddenly and inexplicably punished by an extremely unfair start.

Dec 11, 2021, 19:20
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 11, 2021, 19:20
Dec 11, 2021, 19:20

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 11, 2021, 18:58:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 11, 2021, 18:13:
I would recommend just playing the remastered versions now, with the Balance mod that prevents the AI from starting a couple missions with literally 300 ships aimed right at your mothership, if you built up a full fleet. The original version had that balancing issue, and basically either you need a mod to fix it, or just recycle all of your ships at the end of the missions to exploit around it. I think even the remastered versions still have that bug/feature. I used the mod (whose name I am blanking on) for the remastered HW1.

I would also recommend playing Homeworld 1 (remastered or not) first, and just getting that storyline completed. It's the better one in my opinion, and then you can decide if you want Cataclysm/Emergence and Homeworld 2 in that order after that. I found the Cataclysm mechanics of the enemies to be more annoying than fun, but a lot of people feel that was the best game in the series, so your mileage may vary.
Yeah, I have the Remastered Collection in my Steam library, apparently purchased in Feb 2015, but I don't recall ever using it. I'll see if I can find some time to give it a go. Let me know if you can remember what the mod name was.
There's a flingtrainer for Homeworld Deserts of Kharak, I know that's not what we're talking about but maybe cheatengine etc could help.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Dec 11, 2021, 18:58
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 11, 2021, 18:58
Dec 11, 2021, 18:58

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 11, 2021, 18:13:
I would recommend just playing the remastered versions now, with the Balance mod that prevents the AI from starting a couple missions with literally 300 ships aimed right at your mothership, if you built up a full fleet. The original version had that balancing issue, and basically either you need a mod to fix it, or just recycle all of your ships at the end of the missions to exploit around it. I think even the remastered versions still have that bug/feature. I used the mod (whose name I am blanking on) for the remastered HW1.

I would also recommend playing Homeworld 1 (remastered or not) first, and just getting that storyline completed. It's the better one in my opinion, and then you can decide if you want Cataclysm/Emergence and Homeworld 2 in that order after that. I found the Cataclysm mechanics of the enemies to be more annoying than fun, but a lot of people feel that was the best game in the series, so your mileage may vary.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Dec 11, 2021, 18:13
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 11, 2021, 18:13
Dec 11, 2021, 18:13

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 11, 2021, 11:01:
This series seems like it should be in my wheel house, I remember I played the original for a short while, but never got far. I don't recall if I was having difficulty, didn't care for it, or just got distracted by something else. Never got back to it. For those of you who are big fans, if I were to give a whirl again should I start with the original or go for 2 or perhaps there are QoL mods I should start with?
If you don't have the originals on GoG (and there may be compatibility issues now anyway), just get the Remastered Homeworld Complete version, either Steam or GoG. It has Homeworld 1 and 2 original versions, as well as the updated/remastered versions. Homeworld Cataclysm got re-released as "Homeworld:Emergence" due to some licensing issue(?) or something, it's at least available on GoG.

I have been meaning to go back and play the remastered HW2, but I have not gotten around to it yet.

Dec 11, 2021, 11:01
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 11, 2021, 11:01
Dec 11, 2021, 11:01

This series seems like it should be in my wheel house, I remember I played the original for a short while, but never got far. I don't recall if I was having difficulty, didn't care for it, or just got distracted by something else. Never got back to it. For those of you who are big fans, if I were to give a whirl again should I start with the original or go for 2 or perhaps there are QoL mods I should start with?
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Dec 11, 2021, 07:27
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 11, 2021, 07:27
Dec 11, 2021, 07:27

Homeworld fanatic here, hundreds of hours in every title, but...

The trailer is just meh. Looks more like a DLC for HW2, a horizontal mothership, a couple of new destroyer/corvettes. New features,tactics, weapons, effects, nope x 4.

Wait and see.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Who goeth thereth into the nighteth
Dec 10, 2021, 20:48
Who goeth thereth into the nighteth Dec 10, 2021, 20:48
Dec 10, 2021, 20:48

Was not impressed with the gameplay in Homeworld 1 and 2. Deserts of Karak was okay. The remastered editions were beautiful though. Most likely get Homeworld 3 on sale for $8 or so in a couple of years. Unless it's truly amazing then maybe $16.99.

Dec 10, 2021, 20:29
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 20:29
Dec 10, 2021, 20:29

That is how you make a trailer
Can't wait, I love that series even if I suck badly at playing it, I'm bad at rts and hw in particular, its 3d-nes was always too overwhelming to me.
But I'm a sucker for its world building and bought all games including remasters Beam

Dec 10, 2021, 16:03
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 16:03
Dec 10, 2021, 16:03

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 10, 2021, 13:45:
I am a little curious as to what exactly the story will be in HW3, if I remember (and it's been awhile since I played HW2) the story was pretty much done at that point?

At the end of HW2, you open the Eye of Arran which allows the Mothership, and therefore the Higaarans, to step out in to the galaxy at large. If you recall from HW1 and HW2, even in Cataclysm, the Bentusi mention a much wider galaxy and the Galactic Council. At the end of HW2, or near it, it is stated somewhat obliquely that it is now time for the Higaarans to take their place on the Galactic Council.

In essence, HW1 was about taking your old home back in a local neighborhood and HW2 was about defending it from a gang that is made up of the former inhabitants of your old home. HW3 will be about you stepping out in to the world at large.

/---\

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2021, 13:57:
Gotta admit to chills watching this trailer. Some of that was due to the choral Adagio for Strings, but it looks like they've got the look down. I guess it comes down to mission maps.

Since BBI is made up of a good sized chunk of the Homeworld development crew from Relic, I think they'll do fine. Some of the sneak preview stills we've been getting from Fig updates as backers show game pieces that are not background objects that absolutely dwarf some of the things you saw in HW2. So I think the maps are going to be massive with quite a lot to do in each one. They did say early on was that their goal was to have "no wasted space."
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Dec 10, 2021, 13:57
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 13:57
Dec 10, 2021, 13:57

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 10, 2021, 12:14:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

<deep breath>

I am an absolute Homeworld fanboy. I totally admit it. I backed this when it was first announced without hesitation and nothing I've seen since has made me regret that decision. I even have the Collector's Edition from the Homeworld Remastered release. In fact, the Mothership lightup statue is on my desk just to the left of me.

FUCK YEAH! MORE HOMEWORLD!
Heh, your enthusiasm is infectious.

Gotta admit to chills watching this trailer. Some of that was due to the choral Adagio for Strings, but it looks like they've got the look down. I guess it comes down to mission maps.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Dec 10, 2021, 13:45
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 13:45
Dec 10, 2021, 13:45

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 10, 2021, 12:14:
I even have the Collector's Edition from the Homeworld Remastered release. In fact, the Mothership lightup statue is on my desk just to the left of me.

Nerrrrrrd!

I loved Homeworld 1; Cataclysm and Homeworld 2 weren't as good in my opinion, but I played those as well. I am a little curious as to what exactly the story will be in HW3, if I remember (and it's been awhile since I played HW2) the story was pretty much done at that point? Hell, even after Homeworld 1 I sort of considered the storyline completed. Homeworld Deserts of Kharak(sp) was pretty fun as well, so I'll probably play this regardless, but how the hell did yet another woman get plugged into a mothership, rofl.

Dec 10, 2021, 13:33
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 13:33
Dec 10, 2021, 13:33

You and everyone who grew up with Homeworld.....

Mhhh, replaying Homeworld 2 you say....?

Dec 10, 2021, 12:14
Re: Homeworld 3 Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 12:14
Dec 10, 2021, 12:14

<deep breath>

I am an absolute Homeworld fanboy. I totally admit it. I backed this when it was first announced without hesitation and nothing I've seen since has made me regret that decision. I even have the Collector's Edition from the Homeworld Remastered release. In fact, the Mothership lightup statue is on my desk just to the left of me.

FUCK YEAH! MORE HOMEWORLD!
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older