Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Trailer

A World Premiere Trailer from The Game Awards unveils the upcoming gameplay from Senua's Saga: Hellblade II, the sequel to Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, the action/adventure from Ninja Theory. We have an explanation from Ziva Dynamix on its work to add the 40 foot tall troll seen in the video:
The tradeoff for the gigantic film-quality results, however, was a render speed of 6 hours per 50 frames, leading to hundreds of hours of baking on a 15 machine AWS cluster. So, to transform this large film asset into a real-time game character, Ziva fed over 12GB of performance capture data along with the high-quality Ziva VFX simulation into their Ziva Real-Time Trainer. This technology used machine learning to train the troll asset to perform all of the animations along with novel poses in real-time while maintaining the rich dynamics of the original simulation. As a result, the final ML troll body performed at a fully-interactive frame rate of under 3 milliseconds per frame in Unreal Engine 4.26 and was ready to be handed back to the innovation-loving Ninja Theory team.

"By utilizing their latest runtime technology Ziva helped Ninja Theory bring the full fleshy horror of the Troll to life in a way conventional workflows just can't do." says Andrew Vidler, Technical Director at Ninja Theory. Since its inception, Ninja Theory has been devoted to pushing the envelope for interactive digital content. They have continued to work with new, paradigm-shifting technology teams to uncover and create the bleeding-edge of gameplay experiences, and the partnership between Ziva Dynamics and Ninja Theory is set to generate even more best-in-class character results into 2022.
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Trailer
Dec 10, 2021, 10:42
Re: Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 10:42
Dec 10, 2021, 10:42

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 10, 2021, 01:15:
Wtf, the game looks gorgeous, even better than the first, but what the hell is even going on here?

The first game, I interpreted everything to be her metaphorical battles against her own mental illness, and/or just straight up hallucinating or having psychotic episodes from past trauma. It always seemed as though the story was hinting that very little of the combat and monsters etc. were actually anything real at all, if any. I always pictured her as just flailing around by herself in the woods.

Now the second game, is she supposed to be imagining her whole tribe alongside her as she fights her internal monsters? This game will be even more depressing if so.

I was under the impression that the monsters she fought in the first game were actually the tribe that killed her...betrothed/husband/(I forgot). She's batshit insane throughout, but she's clearly entering actual encampments and whatnot. The one non-human thing she fights may have been a tribe "pet" or war animal, twisted into the rotting monster you see in the game.

She may now have collected a bunch of crazies, but there's no "well, it *could* be a normal human but she's twisting it in her mind" going on with that giant. Not that it doesn't look cool; that video looks impossibly good (but so did the entire first game). I'm just not sure how the first and second game can reconcile what's going on when the second one goes absolutely supernatural AND has others along who see the same thing she does.

Dec 10, 2021, 10:29
Re: Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 10:29
Dec 10, 2021, 10:29

Bill Borre wrote on Dec 10, 2021, 10:23:
That was a troll? I didn't play the first game. I thought they were recreating the scene between Odysseus and the Cyclops from Homer.

Never played the first but if I remember correctly it was about a women who was part of a tribe with SEVERE mental issues, and was highly credited for how they handled it.

Dec 10, 2021, 10:23
Re: Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 10:23
Dec 10, 2021, 10:23

That was a troll? I didn't play the first game. I thought they were recreating the scene between Odysseus and the Cyclops from Homer.

Dec 10, 2021, 06:34
Re: Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 06:34
Dec 10, 2021, 06:34

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 10, 2021, 01:15:
[,...] This game will be even more depressing if so.
in order to play the game, you'll need a
medical subscription from a therapist. ;-)

Dec 10, 2021, 01:15
Re: Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Trailer Dec 10, 2021, 01:15
Dec 10, 2021, 01:15

Wtf, the game looks gorgeous, even better than the first, but what the hell is even going on here?

The first game, I interpreted everything to be her metaphorical battles against her own mental illness, and/or just straight up hallucinating or having psychotic episodes from past trauma. It always seemed as though the story was hinting that very little of the combat and monsters etc. were actually anything real at all, if any. I always pictured her as just flailing around by herself in the woods.

Now the second game, is she supposed to be imagining her whole tribe alongside her as she fights her internal monsters? This game will be even more depressing if so.
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older